Is "Just Dance" a legit classic now?

biblicalmonster

4 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

Oh so now we're combining versions to inflate song stats. Interesting. Maybe I should start adding official remix streams to Gaga's songs as well? The mental gymnastics by Kats, hang it up flatscreen :dies:

OT: It's a classic and the OGHs are delusional and pressed as always, to nobody's surprise

Feel free to do it, let's see where it'll get you :rip:

TOTGA and its acoustic version are counted together by Billboard and everyone else, why wouldn't their streams be counted together as well?

OT: Just dance is very forgotten and dated, sorry!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• biblicalmonster

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Schhh

• Hot Volcano

biblicalmonster

Even though it is true The One That Got Away rocks on Spotify, I would've preferred my biggest hits of my panel to be the most successful.

5 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

not the forgotten song outsreaming your fave discography on biggest streaming platform with the exception of one song. :clown:

The biggest streaming platform is YouTube sweetie :clown:

Marry Illusion Glory
2 minutes ago, CakeLikeLG said:

ikr? the mental gymnastics are hilarious. Suddenly we combine some random versions of songs:ahh:

ot: yes Just Dance yes classic

Some can't digest the fact that Lady Gaga has multiple GLOBAL classics. The only female artist to have more than 5 songs be top 10 in IFPI Global charts 

3SzUPSi.thumb.jpg.79f82816f96332ef829435

OT: This is obvious, yes. It's a soon-to-be Diamond classic

3SzUPSi.thumb.jpg.79f82816f96332ef829435

biblicalmonster
1 minute ago, Schhh said:

Well tell us if these streams will surpass JD in SPS ... In 5 decades maybe. :juanny:

CakeLikeLG
6 minutes ago, Schhh said:

maybe in 2015. Get with the times, katy kat

OGRbyHF.thumb.png.6aa5b340bef920e38f0c9b

OT: Just dance is very remembered, I am not surprised!

Edited by CakeLikeLG

Omg the album tracks streams :deadbanana2:  c'est triste

OT: No.

23 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

Huh? How many streams, again?

OT: It is absolutely a classic. It's a dance floor anthem and those opening synths are instantly recognizable. To make preposterous statements like "it is forgotten" and "nobody remembers it" just proves how out of touch with reality one can be. It literally brought back four-on-the-floor on the US radio, put dance music on mainstream top 40, has a whole ass video game named after it that's in its fourth series now and as a song is about to go Diamond in the US in a few months with multiple plat and diamond certificates WW, anybody denying its impact on pop culture is just a hater and delusional or just trolling for the heck of it :toofunny3:

No one remembers the song besides the gays stuck in 2009 and 2010 :toofunny3:  I laugh every time when Liddos try to alter history with the fanfic that JD made an impact on US radio when Kanye's Stronger, Rihanna's Disturbia and Britney's Womanizer all went #1 on pop before Gaga was even a thing. Sad!

12 minutes ago, Schhh said:

daily streams of artists on youtube aren't even close, how about start following your own advice and stop living in past :smile:

@OreGuy the Oghs are fuming while our fave has another classic in the bag :clap3:

Soon we won't be able to count the amount of classics on our hands:clap3:

6 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

daily streams of artists on youtube aren't even close, how about start following your own advice and stop living in past :smile:

Daily Streams

#1 song on YT: 6.2m

#1 song on Spotify: 4.7m

#200 song on YT: 745K

#200 song on Spotify: 722K

Come again? 

Hot Volcano
11 minutes ago, Schhh said:

No one remembers the song besides the gays stuck in 2009 and 2010 :toofunny3:  I laugh every time when Liddos try to alter history with the fanfic that JD made an impact on US radio when Kanye's Stronger, Rihanna's Disturbia and Britney's Womanizer all went #1 on pop before Gaga was even a thing. Sad!

Stop trolling, it's one of the top 10 most streamed female singles from the 00s, ~380k daily streams on Spotify, as your own fave once said - the numbers don't lie :sorry:

aa20d3a448c9f2b5467d023600706afd.gif

Obviously.

I didn't realise it's near 400k daily Spotify streams, whew :jonny5:

Marry Illusion Glory
24 minutes ago, Schhh said:

The absolute DELUSION :ahh:

Nobody is trying to re-write history here except you and others who can't seem to digest for some reason that Lady Gaga has MULTIPLE remembered classics in 2021, including Just Dance. Radio DJs, pop music critics and authors have credited it for making dance music and synth driven pop music mainstream again.

With the release of The Fame, Gaga revived electronic dance music during the late 2000s on radio. Jonathan Bogart from The Atlantic stated, "EDM came in by no back door but right through the front gate, with Lady Gaga's "Just Dance" in 2008" and that "the sound didn't take long to spread". DJ Tommie Sunshine told MTV that "there wouldn't be a David Guetta top 10 hit... there wouldn't be this Black Eyed Peas record, if it wasn't for The Fame. The influence of that record is epic, and we are hearing talking about all of this because of that." St. Louis Post-Dispatch's journalist Kevin C. Johnson with his article "Lady Gaga helps bring EDM to the masses", acknowledges the impact. In the article, Rob Lemon said Gaga "definitely has had influence" and that she "is exposing people to the music, and anybody exposing people to it is part of the machine." Radio personality Zane Lowe and record producer and DJ, Calvin Harris, address the impact of the album in a Beats 1 radio interview. Lowe states: "Mike Skinner told me this, cause we were having a debate about Lady Gaga and he was like "One thing you gotta remember about Lady Gaga, she put four-on-the-floor back on American radio" and that "up until that moment there was nothing resembling four-on-the-floor in pop music." Harris adds: "A 100%. They even had a hip-hop version of Poker Face, for radio" and that "it was the 4/4 one that hit, and then it just went ridiculous."

I know it's hard to accept that some artists are remembered for their timeless quality music and their tangible impact that goes just beyond temporary sex appeal and the bells and whistles which is all nothing but smoke and mirrors, but maybe it is time to accept reality now. The second-hand embarrassment is cringeworthy and pitiful at this point. Enough. 

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory
Hot Volcano
2 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Obviously.

I didn't realise it's near 400k daily Spotify streams, whew :jonny5:

Bad Romance: 492,971,013 (+429,478)

Just Dance: 345,659,869 (+382,936)

Poker Face: 477,385,533 (+362,391)

Gaga having three songs that are some of the biggest female classics of the 00s :jonny5:

Edited by Hot Volcano
3 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

Bad Romance: 492,971,013 (+429,478)

Just Dance: 345,659,869 (+382,936)

Poker Face: 477,385,533 (+362,391)

Gaga having three songs that are some of the biggest female classics of the 00s :jonny5:

Wow, oh wow! :WAP:

Bad Romance coming for 500M like it's nothing :jonny:

biblicalmonster
4 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

Nobody is trying to re-write history here except you and others who can't seem to digest for some reason that Lady Gaga has MULTIPLE remembered classics in 2021, including Just Dance. Radio DJs, pop music critics and authors have credited it for making dance music and synth driven pop music mainstream again.

I know it's hard to accept that some artists are remembered for their timeless quality music that goes just beyond temporary sex appeal and the bells and whistles, but maybe it is time to accept reality now. The second-hand embarrassment is cringeworthy and pitiful at this point. Enough. 

Besides they're a huge liar, the 300k of TOTGA already includes the acoustic version, it occured to me that 400k+ was out of the question :rip::skull:

9 minutes ago, Schhh said:

Daily Streams

#1 song on YT: 6.2m

#1 song on Spotify: 4.7m

#200 song on YT: 745K

#200 song on Spotify: 722K

Come again? 

Most streamed artist on youtube:

Bad Bunny: 21.1M

Most Streamed artist on spotify:

Bad Bunny: 32.1M

But nice on that 1M difference on specific songs :toofunny3:

Hot Volcano
4 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

Most streamed artist on youtube:

Bad Bunny: 21.1M

Most Streamed artist on spotify:

Bad Bunny: 32.1M

But nice on that 1M difference on specific songs :toofunny3:

Ikr? Youtube being bigger in Latin countries doesn't mean the platform is the biggest streaming platform in general :toofunny3:

Edited by Hot Volcano
11 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

I know it's hard to accept that some artists are remembered for their timeless quality music and their tangible impact that goes just beyond temporary sex appeal and the bells and whistles which is all nothing but smoke and mirrors, but maybe it is time to accept reality now. The second-hand embarrassment is cringeworthy and pitiful at this point. Enough. 

Actual chart stats and dates are factual. Calvin Harris' personal opinion and Wikipedia articles are not. :sorry:

Marry Illusion Glory
13 minutes ago, Schhh said:

Actual chart stats and dates are factual. Calvin Harris' personal opinion and Wikipedia articles are not. :sorry:

Calvin Harris, radio DJs and pop music critics DEFINITELY know more about dance music and related events than you or I do, that's for sure.

Keep fuming, it's entertaining to watch your meltdowns and mental gymnastics. Good thing is besides its actual IMPACT, it also has great stats, great recurrent streams, has sold 9.2M+ SPS in US alone, is one of the biggest singles of all time and is a remembered classic. SEETHE!:ahh:

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory
1 hour ago, By the Water said:

Ok? It's not like it was on spotify when it was released as a single so it had no momentum going for it. How are Ga Ga's 2013-2016 singles doing in comparison, since release date is so important?

1887642870_ezgif.com-gif-maker(6).thumb.

stop posting off topic **** about wildest dreams, no one cares, now exit.

-

yes just dance is a global classic 

Hot Volcano
6 minutes ago, Komet blu said:

Yes! :heart: Even the radios here play it often, and it's deffo a party staple.

aren't you from the same country as @Schhh? interesting to hear that considering he keeps claiming it's forgotten :sistrens: