Is "Just Dance" a legit classic now?

biblicalmonster

3 minutes ago, Schhh said:

It's not outstreaming any of the Katy classics you mentioned, check your stats again :clown:

Sorry, but the song is very forgotten. 

It is outstreaming them daily for quite a while, I know it’s hard to swallow but it’s just the truth.

Edited by jijie101
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• biblicalmonster

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Schhh

• Hot Volcano

aesthetic bih

Yes, it is. The members of a certain fanbase in the first page need to stop being delusional.

By the Water
4 minutes ago, Yanko said:

did wildest dreams sell 7m in US alone? 

-

yes

When you put it like that...

OT: I was gonna say yes but a 7m selling song should be pulling much better numbers than a 5th single from a 5th album

1887642870_ezgif.com-gif-maker(6).thumb.

biblicalmonster
1 minute ago, By the Water said:

When you put it like that...

OT: I was gonna say yes but a 7m selling song should be pulling much better numbers than a 5th single from a 5th album

Wildest Dreams is a 2015 single. Just Dance is a 2008 single. 

Frappucino

Omg I’m not even a Little Monster but the denial here is kinda cringe 

There’s plenty of songs that are considered classics and don’t have accolades on YouTube or Spotify or whatever. They’re classics because of the impact they left behind. Many of us remember Just Dance as Gaga’s beginning or the beginning of the electropop phase or even it being associated with the video game has helped it linger in people’s minds a lil longer. If you put on Just Dance I’m sure like 80% of people will recognize the beat, the lyrics or the voice. When it gets played at work people still bop to it. The mental gymnastics here to invalidate someone’s success is just... :ahh: 

By the Water
1 minute ago, biblicalmonster said:

Wildest Dreams is a 2015 single. Just Dance is a 2008 single. 

Ok? It's not like it was on spotify when it was released as a single so it had no momentum going for it. How are Ga Ga's 2013-2016 singles doing in comparison, since release date is so important?

Just now, By the Water said:

Ok? It's not like it was on spotify when it was released as a single so it had no momentum going for it. How are Ga Ga's 2013-2016 singles doing in comparison, since release date is so important?

Million Reasons has more streams than majority of Taylor’s singles:bibliahh:

Marry Illusion Glory
21 minutes ago, Frappucino said:

There’s plenty of songs that are considered classics and don’t have accolades on YouTube or Spotify or whatever. They’re classics because of the impact they left behind. Many of us remember Just Dance as Gaga’s beginning or the beginning of the electropop phase or even it being associated with the video game has helped it linger in people’s minds a lil longer. If you put on Just Dance I’m sure like 80% of people will recognize the beat, the lyrics or the voice. When it gets played at work people still bop to it. The mental gymnastics here to invalidate someone’s success is just... :ahh: 

Oop, here is the tea. I found it.

gif.thumb.gif.ef7ed8fc4d0ad3e1dc1bb54b034da876.gif

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory
CakeLikeLG
7 minutes ago, Frappucino said:

:cm:

It’s always been one :toofunny3: people just hate it because of its dated sound but that doesn’t necessarily mean it didn’t become a classic.

38 minutes ago, jijie101 said:

It is outstreaming them daily for quite a while, I know it’s hard to swallow but it’s just the truth.

Again, it's not. 

It's outstreaming them on Spotify only (by 80k now, due to Just Dance going viral recently) but not with other streaming platforms included.

It's also not outstreaming TOTGA on Spotify (+419.560 yesterday). Does that make TOTGA a classic too?

OT: Just Dance is very forgotten and dated. 

Edited by Schhh
Marry Illusion Glory
7 minutes ago, Schhh said:

It's also not outstreaming TOTGA on Spotify (+419.560 yesterday).

Huh? How many streams, again?

oprah_what_is_the_truth.gif

OT: It is absolutely a classic. It's a dance floor anthem and those opening synths are instantly recognizable. To make preposterous statements like "it is forgotten" and "nobody remembers it" just proves how out of touch with reality one can be. It literally brought back four-on-the-floor on the US radio, put dance music on mainstream top 40, has a whole ass video game named after it that's in its fourth series now and as a song is about to go Diamond in the US in a few months with multiple plat and diamond certificates WW, anybody denying its impact on pop culture is just a hater and delusional or just trolling for the heck of it :toofunny3:

Brinny Baby
29 minutes ago, umich said:

It’s always been one :toofunny3: people just hate it because of its dated sound but that doesn’t necessarily mean it didn’t become a classic.

This 

2 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

Huh? How many streams, again?

oprah_what_is_the_truth.gif

You forgot the acoustic version which received +105,379 streams yesterday :clown:

OT: Just Dance is not a classic and is very forgotten. 

Tremor Christ

Yes it is a classic. One of the things no one can take away from her :clap3:

1 hour ago, By the Water said:

Wait those album tracks streams are TRAGIC :deadbanana: 

I was told The Fame sold 290k in the other thread & they objected that it was because of Just Dance & Pokerface. Interesting data indeed.

Marry Illusion Glory
8 minutes ago, Schhh said:

You forgot the acoustic version which received +105,379 streams yesterday :clown:

Oh so now we're combining versions to inflate song stats. Interesting. Maybe I should start adding official remix streams to Gaga's songs as well? The mental gymnastics by Kats, hang it up flatscreen :dies:

8 minutes ago, Schhh said:

Just Dance is not a classic and is very forgotten. 

keep-saying-it-just-keep-saying-it-keep-

OT: It's a classic and the OGHs saying "no" are delusional and pressed as always, to nobody's surprise

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory
duybeeGAshantiGA
1 hour ago, By the Water said:

300k+ on spotify and 100k+ on Youtube? It's as much of a classic as Wildest Dreams then

Very smart comparison. 

Wildest Dreams - released 2014

Just Dance - released 2008 

One was released in the digital/iTunes/physical era that already sold >7M and the other one released in the beginning of streaming era.

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA
biblicalmonster
5 minutes ago, Schhh said:

I'd prefer my biggest hits enjoy the most major success on Spotify rather than a pile of minor hits. :katie::rip:

5 minutes ago, Schhh said:

not the forgotten song outsreaming your fave discography on biggest streaming platform with the exception of one song. :clown:

The way everyone gets pumped up with that opening synth. So yes it is a classiqué.

duybeeGAshantiGA

OT: yes. A classic in general and a HUGE club classic since everytime the intro starts the club will go crazy and know what to expect.

CakeLikeLG
3 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

Oh so now we're combining versions to inflate song stats. Interesting. Maybe I should start adding official remix streams to Gaga's songs as well? The mental gymnastics by Kats, hang it up flatscreen :dies:

keep-saying-it-just-keep-saying-it-keep-

OT: It's a classic and the OGHs are delusional and pressed as always, to nobody's surprise

ikr? the mental gymnastics are hilarious. Suddenly we combine some random versions of songs:ahh:

ot: yes Just Dance yes classic