No female has topped BR this century. Why?

biblicalmonster

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• biblicalmonster

• Edit0rz

• L.B GAGA

• Earth Ripper

No video released after 2009 is better than Bad Romance. Its the best video after MJ's Thriller. The song- one of the biggest hits ever. 

Samuel665

«Bad Romance is an emblematic song forever. It is the most iconic signature of the 2000s by a main pop girl. It can be an avant-garde video. It can be a terrific video. It is the most magnificently well crafted video shot. It includes exquisitely eccentric outfits. It features a mega reproducible choreography. The "Ra Ra-ah-ah-ah. Roma Roma-ma Gaga, Oh la-la" hook is widespread standard. It is a puzzle. It's a real jewel. It's eternal. It's EVERYTHING. It transcends the tiniest area in the entertainment industry. It is literally up there with "Thriller" and "I Will Always Love you".»

Says who?

Who are you trying to convince?

"It's literally up there with Thriller and I Will Always Love You". :biblio:

This person clearly has no idea of the impact those songs actually had at the time and still do to this day.

It's embarrassing to even compare B.R to them.

• #FreeBritney Activist
abrahamjmr
On 1/9/2021 at 5:16 PM, biblicalmonster said:

Only those are bigger and the poll was about ICONOGRAPHY.

Someone Like You started a trend of slow songs, piano only. Rihanna released Stay a few years after and smashed, same as John Legend with All Of Me and all of those other musicians that started releasing Adele-esque music. That's how iconic it is. Even Sam Smith was marketed as a male version of her for a while. 

Bad Romance is iconic, but it isn't the most iconic female song of the decade nor the biggest.

Reading this thread I left knowing BR was topped several times, a power bottom in 2021.

izzyinsane
2 hours ago, Monceau said:

Reading this thread I left knowing BR was topped several times, a power bottom in 2021.

:rip:

• #FreeBritney Activist
8 hours ago, Monceau said:

:ahh: 

OT: Rolling In The Deep, Poker Face, Toxic, Umbrella and Crazy In Love, sweeties, I’m so sorry...

PrudenceHCharmed

So much for the biggest hit, biggest video from the biggest debut album... only to be outcharted by Kesha,Jay-Z and Alicia Keys during her PEAK (biggest PEAK of all time according to the fans)

Well this thread was certainly good for a laugh. 
The video and song had massive impact but it has been topped. BR as far as visual quality goes, definitely hasn't been topped by Gaga but it certainly has by other artists. Either way it is stupid to get in an argument over quality because it is subjective and dependant on peoples taste. This thread was doomed from the start.

On 1/9/2021 at 12:14 PM, Hongbin said:

Becoming the britney army and the madonna fans you guys make fun of right before our eyes

Hongbin

1887642870_ezgif.com-gif-maker(6).thumb.

The monsters always act like they got something to prove. Just Let BR age gracefully. We ALL know how much of a smash it was.

On 1/9/2021 at 8:18 PM, lonnie said:

The call is coming from inside the house at this point. Why need the OGH when you can set up your fave and fanbase by yourself?

ddd

OT: Bad Romance has been topped by several pop girls both critically and commercially. Gaga is just not that girl.

Liddos love to overrate this song so much :deadbanana2: 

There are at least 20 songs better than BR from lady gaga herself let alone form other female artists

SelenaTheWinner

Kesha did. Katy did. Taylor did. Adele did. Bey did. 

PrudenceHCharmed
2 hours ago, SelenaTheWinner said:

Kesha did. Katy did. Taylor did. Adele did. Bey did. 

A decade ago, it got outcharted by Tik Tok. A decade later,  it got outstreamed by Tik Tok.

SelenaTheWinner
2 hours ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

A decade ago, it got outcharted by Tik Tok. A decade later,  it got outstreamed by Tik Tok.

I love BR, one of my favorite songs & videos ever, but its just not true what the title is saying. It has been topped multiple times.