Jump to content

No female has topped BR this century. Why?


biblicalmonster

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • biblicalmonster

    23

  • Edit0rz

    10

  • Earth Ripper

    9

  • L.B GAGA

    9

4 hours ago, Alexz said:

Well Toxic is a bigger song and video than BR. What is there to lash?

It is not. And the video is NOT either loooool. BR sells in America alone stomp toxic’s ww stats. And the video, lets not even bring those up for the sake of not embarrassing toxic :deadbanana4:

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, znake said:

I don’t see those +500k daily YouTube views 

 

https://kworb.net/youtube/realtime_anglo.html

 

 

monsters always lying :ahh:  not surprised though..   btw video is a flop, only 1.300 m after 10 years???  :rip:

It shows 574k daily views for me? BTW video is a mess but shows 2.73 for me, not that I'm bragging. No one is gonna watch that long ass video about her giving birth to a new race. Same for Paparazzi, Telephone, Alejandro, G.U.Y. and Marry the Night. She should of released 2 versions of each video an "artistic" one and one for rewatchability. Ain't no one got 10 minutes to watch a MV. I always choose live performances when I'm feeling nostalgic for old Gaga songs.

Edited by Edit0rz
Added
Link to post
Share on other sites
AllyGayTor

BR mv was THE steppingstone for 2010s music videos with high fashion and visuals. It’s something that won’t be replicated again I fear

Link to post
Share on other sites

BR has been topped so many times that it's basically a power bottom now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirrorcle
5 hours ago, Jjang said:

But they dominated simultaneously with digital sales (iTunes etc.) while streaming dominated at the expense of the digital era. They went hand in hand so it was more of an "added" medium to the industry and it's all pretty damn meaningless now. I remember in 2011 ringtone sales were at like 400m while in 2013-2014 they already fell to 20-50m. That field was extremely short lived and you cannot compare it to the streaming era. Get a grip. 

 

Also I love how you just got caught using dated figures for Katy in order to make Gaga's look better :rip:

 

giphy.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirrorcle
1 minute ago, superben said:

BR has been topped so many times that it's basically a power bottom now.

:lmao:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kool_Aid_King
12 hours ago, biblicalmonster said:

Rolling In The Deep? A good contender. The other ones don't stand a chance. PITUSA isn't as well known as Bad Romance in the international market, neither is Royals. None of these videos have iconic features, the last one doesn't even have any. :rip:

 

It doesn't only touch success, it's about iconography.

Is this thread about a Music video or what? I'm really confused what you're arguing. If it's some weird ass "trifecta" or video, song and impact, then Rolling in The Deep has outdone it. So has Formation, so has Single Ladies, so has Wrecking Ball, so has Shake It Off, so has Bad Blood, so has Work It by Missy, so has Lady Marmalade, so has Toxic, so has Crazy in Love... All hits with iconic music videos and actual tangible impact or insane success.

 

11 hours ago, IAMDOM said:

Big songs but not big videos. Do you know how many people cite BR video in interviews to this day?? The way the video sweeper awards all the way from the VMA’s to the Grammys, lorde or adele ain’t seeing her in that lane. Props to them tho, I was scared you were gonna say a rih or brit song :ahh:them lashings were on stand by already

Royals has sold more globally, streamed more & is definitely way more iconic. The song ushered in a brand new sound and impact that is insurmountable. Bad Romance did not usher anything in, it was just a nice pretty visual lmao. The way you guys have totally lied and deluded yourselves into believing the song was bigger and more important than it was. 

 

Adele's Rolling in the Deep also won the Grammy for MV (along with ROTY) and was nominated for the VOTY at the VMAs (losing to Katy Perry's Firework). I don't even need to explain that one but both of those songs have outdone Bad Romance. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
biblicalmonster
22 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

Is this thread about a Music video or what? I'm really confused what you're arguing. If it's some weird ass "trifecta" or video, song and impact, then Rolling in The Deep has outdone it. So has Formation, so has Single Ladies, so has Wrecking Ball, so has Shake It Off, so has Bad Blood, so has Work It by Missy, so has Lady Marmalade, so has Toxic, so has Crazy in Love... All hits with iconic music videos and actual tangible impact or insane success.

 

Royals has sold more globally, streamed more & is definitely way more iconic. The song ushered in a brand new sound and impact that is insurmountable. Bad Romance did not usher anything in, it was just a nice pretty visual lmao. The way you guys have totally lied and deluded yourselves into believing the song was bigger and more important than it was. 

 

Adele's Rolling in the Deep also won the Grammy for MV (along with ROTY) and was nominated for the VOTY at the VMAs (losing to Katy Perry's Firework). I don't even need to explain that one but both of those songs have outdone Bad Romance. 

 

It's a bunch of criteria to take into account. Iconography, commercial success, reference, outfit, music video, etc.. Do you really think, inside yourself, a song like "Formation" is more iconic than "Bad Romance"?! :skull: This song should be popular among the public first. Also "Bad Blood", I can't... :skull:

 

Anyways, I won't even dwell on the subject when I see answers filled with bad faith and ineptness.

 

And no, Bad Romance has outsold Royals worldwide.

 

Worldwide downloads: 

 

Bad Romance - 12,240,000

Royals - 9,300,000

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kool_Aid_King
12 minutes ago, biblicalmonster said:

It's a bunch of criteria to take into account. Iconography, commercial success, reference, outfit, music video, etc.. Do you really think, inside yourself, a song like "Formation" is more iconic than "Bad Romance"?! :skull: This song should be popular among the public first. Also "Bad Blood", I can't... :skull:

 

Anyways, I won't even dwell on the subject when I see answers filled with bad faith and ineptness.

 

And no, Bad Romance has outsold Royals worldwide.

 

Worldwide downloads: 

 

Bad Romance - 12,240,000

Royals - 9,300,000

Royals, with SPS, has outsold Bad Romance. I'm not talking about dated ass pure sales which were almost dead in 2013 compared to 2009 when BR was released. I believe Royals is at around 20M+ sold WW. BR likely 17-18M. 

 

And yes, I think Bad Blood (Grammy for MV and VOTY VMA) had impact with it's gorgeous visuals, theme & insane amount of cameos. It was truly a moment, just like BR was. Additionally a Billboard Hot 100 #1 single, not every "iconic" song has that to their credit :cm: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
istan4badgalriri
14 hours ago, Hot Volcano said:

Bitch please :

 

Daily streams

 

Spotify

 

Bad Romance : 492,971,013 (+429,478)

 

Youtube

 

Bad Romance : 1,320,852,270 (+559,940)

 

 

it's easily one of the most remembered female classics of all time :ahh:

Spotify

Umbrella +690,229

Bad Romance +429,478

[big gap]

 

YouTube (last 24 hours)

Bad Romance +572,374

Umbrella +565,449

[tiny gap]

 

Apple Music US

#500 Umbrella

N/A Bad Romance

[no comment]

 

Apple Music UK

#142 Umbrella

#969 Bad Romance

[no comment]

 

Oh my... looks like we can make a solid case for Umbrella being the bigger classic (because it is).

 

Nene Leakes Cheers GIF by Bravo TV

Link to post
Share on other sites
PMKARDASHIAN
14 hours ago, Edit0rz said:

Exactly. BR legacy does not need explanation nor a pointless thread to invite backlash. It WAS huge and anyone alive at that point is already aware. If there was another thread denying it's status or comparing classic songs of the '10 then by all means reply to that but this was childish and why Monsters are despised. I hate that Gaga's achievements are constantly undermined on this site but trying to shove all of her accomplishments down everyone else's throats like her success is incomparable is bound to cause resentment.

To all the monster's: EVERYONE already knows Gaga was that bish from '08 to '12 and that Shallow is a modern classic. You trying to remind them constantly causes other fan bases to point out her shortcomings. No one would deny her impact if we let it speak for itself and not let them get under our skins when they point out she doesn't ALWAYS beat every other artist in every metric.

 

Every. Single. Letter. Of. This. 
:clap3:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hot Volcano
28 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Spotify

Umbrella +690,229

Bad Romance +429,478

[big gap]

 

YouTube (last 24 hours)

Bad Romance +572,374

Umbrella +565,449

[tiny gap]

 

Apple Music US

#500 Umbrella

N/A Bad Romance

[no comment]

 

Apple Music UK

#142 Umbrella

#969 Bad Romance

[no comment]

 

Oh my... looks like we can make a solid case for Umbrella being the bigger classic (because it is).

 

the insecurity :ahh:

 

Who was even talking about Rihanna?!  :skull::skull::skull:

 

17adc0726ad5ac92e4529635b03db649.gif

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
1 hour ago, Hot Volcano said:

the insecurity :ahh:

 

Who was even talking about Rihanna?!  :skull::skull::skull:

 

17adc0726ad5ac92e4529635b03db649.gif

 

 

The title says br hasn't been topped.

People are showing proof that it has...the gag is that's not even Rihanna's best song going against gagas best single.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hot Volcano
1 minute ago, slw84 said:

The title says br hasn't been topped.

People are showing proof that it has...the gag is that's not even Rihanna's best song going against gagas best single.

It clearly means it hasn't been topped SINCE it was released, Umbrella is from 2006 :skull:  And the OP wasn't even talking about the commercial success :rip:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
2 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

It clearly means it hasn't been topped SINCE it was released, Umbrella is from 2006 :skull:  And the OP wasn't even talking about the commercial success :rip:

Wasn't talking about commercial success yet in another post the OP literally puts commercial success.

 

Well, the monsters will open this up for the navy, kats, Taylor swift, Adele fans etc to drag it 2009 serving the new 1999.

 

Its the lack or originality for me...but I'm perched:lee2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hot Volcano
6 minutes ago, slw84 said:

Wasn't talking about commercial success yet in another post the OP literally puts commercial success.

 

Well, the monsters will open this up for the navy, kats, Taylor swift, Adele fans etc to drag it 2009 serving the new 1999.

 

Its the lack or originality for me...but I'm perched:lee2:

but you can't deny it, you'd be very delusional to say BR didn't make an enormous impact and it being one of the most remembered singles from the 00s. And that is from an objective point of view. If you say otherwise, the receipts are there. :cm:  Now the question is, has it been topped since? Other than We Found Love and Someone Like You, I can't think of any other female singles that made as much of an impact.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

Is this thread about a Music video or what? I'm really confused what you're arguing. If it's some weird ass "trifecta" or video, song and impact, then Rolling in The Deep has outdone it. So has Formation, so has Single Ladies, so has Wrecking Ball, so has Shake It Off, so has Bad Blood, so has Work It by Missy, so has Lady Marmalade, so has Toxic, so has Crazy in Love... All hits with iconic music videos and actual tangible impact or insane success.

 

Royals has sold more globally, streamed more & is definitely way more iconic. The song ushered in a brand new sound and impact that is insurmountable. Bad Romance did not usher anything in, it was just a nice pretty visual lmao. The way you guys have totally lied and deluded yourselves into believing the song was bigger and more important than it was. 

 

Adele's Rolling in the Deep also won the Grammy for MV (along with ROTY) and was nominated for the VOTY at the VMAs (losing to Katy Perry's Firework). I don't even need to explain that one but both of those songs have outdone Bad Romance. 

 

Formation!?? Shake it Off!?? :deadbanana4:Weeeeeee... its about everything, sells, impact, success, accolades, and overall quality. Most of those songs have success yes, but not impact. Ain’t noooo one talking about how all these days later SIO or WB or those other videos were monumental in pop culture or that they served some next level visuals or sumn. Out of all the staple hits the last few years, Royals is easily the least mesmerizing video. They ain’t seeing Gaga let alone BR sis 

Link to post
Share on other sites
dirrtydiana

I’d call it the 2010s version of Oops!

 

-a smash at the start of the decade  

-an iconic video  

-self aware song  

-cheesy/campy  

-missed #1 on the hot100 

-mentions singers name  

-clone from their debut smash  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kool_Aid_King
5 hours ago, IAMDOM said:

Formation!?? Shake it Off!?? :deadbanana4:Weeeeeee... its about everything, sells, impact, success, accolades, and overall quality. Most of those songs have success yes, but not impact. Ain’t noooo one talking about how all these days later SIO or WB or those other videos were monumental in pop culture or that they served some next level visuals or sumn. Out of all the staple hits the last few years, Royals is easily the least mesmerizing video. They ain’t seeing Gaga let alone BR sis 

If you wanna talk about the total package, Adele Rolling in The Deep, Britney Toxic, Beyonce Crazy in Love, Miley Wrecking Ball & Rihanna Umbrella.

 

BR is good but I think you're vastly overestimating these "references" you speak of. THe only recent one was the Demi Lovato one and that's.... Demi Lovato.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...