No female has topped BR this century. Why?

biblicalmonster

13 minutes ago, biblicalmonster said:

Sis the thread wasn't only about success. It is in fact related to impact. BR is far more iconic than Dark Horse and this isn't even up to debate. Concerning commercial success, BR outdid Dark Horse on a global scale, it outperformed it on year-end charts, has higher units sold, is pulling higher recurrent streams, etc..

I understand that and it is to me the most iconic female pop song from the decade only rivaled by Pokerface BUT when concerning something like "most iconic" or "most impactful" it is far too subjective to argue for and up to the listener. As a Gaga stan I would never make claims like that because it is unprovable and will be torn apart. Stick to the facts and make statements like " Bad Romance was the biggest #2 hit of all time" "The Bad Romance video was the first MV to reach a Billion views and credited as reigniting MV's as events" These statements are inarguable no matter how you feel and won't get Monster's dragged.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• biblicalmonster

• Edit0rz

• L.B GAGA

• Earth Ripper

biblicalmonster
4 minutes ago, Edit0rz said:

I understand that and it is to me the most iconic female pop song from the decade only rivaled by Pokerface BUT when concerning something like "most iconic" or "most impactful" it is far too subjective to argue for and up to the listener. As a Gaga stan I would never make claims like that because it is unprovable and will be torn apart. Stick to the facts and make statements like " Bad Romance was the biggest #2 hit of all time" "The Bad Romance video was the first MV to reach a Billion views and credited as reigniting MV's as events" These statements are inarguable no matter how you feel and won't get Monster's dragged.

I brought a lot of evidence to support my claims.

1 minute ago, biblicalmonster said:

Digital downloads

Bad Romance: 12,2M

Roar: 11,7M

Dark Horse: 9,4M

Physical sales

Bad Romance: 200k

Roar: 20k

Dark Horse: 10k

Recurring streams on Spotify

Bad Romance: +429,478

Roar: 316,613

Dark Horse: +293,915

2. 2009 – Lady Gaga  Bad Romance [The Fame / The Fame Monster]  7,100,000

1. 2013 – Katy Perry  Roar [Prism]  3,940,000

3. 2013 – Katy Perry ft. Juicy J  Dark Horse [Prism]  3,710,000

Give it up, deelishis

A 500k lead in sales does not compensate for the fact that it's behind in 2 billion views and 100m streams (240m in DH's case) :rip:

Bad Romance went viral on TikTok a while ago, that's why it got a boost. You're nothing but delusional if you don't think Katy won't have a viral moment with Roar/DH at one point it's literally not that hard. Material Girl (a 1985 song) was getting 350k daily updates in 2019 when it went it viral there. 

Not using the "parent album" bull**** method :rip: According to that method Like A Virgin is bigger than All I Want For Christmas Is You. :rip:

Moral of the story is:

Gaga has 500k more sales, Katy has 2 + billion more streams. Give it up, deliishis! 

• #FreeBritney Activist
Erreur2 La Nature

Do Little Monsters claim biblicalmonster and Perfillusion ? Both of them are trolling so hard all the time :deadbanana2:

L.B GAGA
1 hour ago, unclefloprry said:

7 rings
Shake It Off

Dark Horse

Dont Start Now

Havana

:coffee2:

:rofl::rip:

biblicalmonster is driving the OGHs crazy, I love it

OT: Because Gaga is the queen of pop

14 minutes ago, Orsay said:

Bad Romance makes those videos look like high school art projects and no stats will change that!

It's literally a studio with a few high fashion glamour shots and an editing error in the middle :rip:Stop pretending like its the beethoven of visuals smh literally some videos in the 90's are more impressive.

L.B GAGA
1 hour ago, unclefloprry said:

7 rings
Shake It Off

Dark Horse

Dont Start Now

Havana

:coffee2:

:rofl::rip:

• #FreeBritney Activist
2 hours ago, biblicalmonster said:

Uhm... any problem :ryan2:

Maybe  you could suggest a Rihanna song that can compete with BR.

Umbrella, We Found Love, Diamonds, Love The Way You Lie?

IceBreaker

since this is about ICONOGRAPHY, not actual numbers, I feel free to claim Oblivion is WAY above BR.

BR is cute, love her video.

• #FreeBritney Activist
2 hours ago, keshasfillers said:

Kesha did :eli: 

BR couldn’t even outpeak Tik Tok back when Gaga was popular :lmao:

• #FreeBritney Activist
2 hours ago, Selena Gomez said:

Well, at least Lady Gaga stans are finally talking about a song whose success can be fully attributed to Gaga. :clap3:

Actually RedOne wrote and produced BR.

Earth Ripper

It was definitely a "moment" that will remain iconic but imo it's not as beloved or respected as some releases that came later. Because even at the time it was kind of that weird, kinda freaky and even joke-y release that was completely tied to Gaga's momentum as a public figure.

I feel like Billie at least had a very similar moment releasing Bury a Friend and Bad Guy. That entire era, really, topped Gaga's debut for me in terms of public appeal, interest, acclaim, and impact. Plus, I think those songs will survive longer, while BR is not even that fun to play anymore. Like I said, you almost play it as a kind of joke. It doesn't command a lot of respect which is why I think it's kinda laughable to compare it to Thriller and IWALY. It's just a "oh my god remember when this dropped?" nostalgia that doesn't really carry a lot of weight.

L.B GAGA
10 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Not using the "parent album" bull**** method :rip: According to that method Like A Virgin is bigger than All I Want For Christmas Is You:rip:

:deadbanana4:this thread serving kiiis. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 hour ago, IAMDOM said:

Big songs but not big videos. Do you know how many people cite BR video in interviews to this day?? The way the video sweeper awards all the way from the VMA’s to the Grammys, lorde or adele ain’t seeing her in that lane. Props to them tho, I was scared you were gonna say a rih or brit song :ahh:them lashings were on stand by already

Well Toxic is a bigger song and video than BR. What is there to lash?

Earth Ripper
5 minutes ago, Alexz said:

Actually RedOne wrote and produced BR.

And Francis Lawrence should be credited for the mv lol. I mean, she literally said she hired him 'cause she couldn't translate her vision into a mv that would work.

It's just her collaborating with the right people at the right time. Nothing wrong with that, it's standard for pop. Pop stars can't be credited for a lot of things lol.

L.B GAGA
4 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

It was definitely a "moment" that will remain iconic but imo it's not as beloved or respected as some releases that came later. Because even at the time it was kind of that weird, kinda freaky and even joke-y release that was completely tied to Gaga's momentum as a public figure.

I feel like Billie at least had a very similar moment releasing Bury a Friend and Bad Guy. That entire era, really, topped Gaga's debut for me in terms of public appeal, interest, acclaim, and impact. Plus, I think those songs will survive longer, while BR is not even that fun to play anymore. Like I said, you almost play it as a kind of joke. It doesn't command a lot of respect which is why I think it's kinda laughable to compare it to Thriller and IWALY. It's just a "oh my god remember when this dropped?" nostalgia that doesn't really carry a lot of weight.

The delusion. :toofunny2:

biblicalmonster
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Jjang said:

A 500k lead in sales does not compensate for the fact that it's behind in 2 billion views and 100m streams (240m in DH's case) :rip:

Bad Romance went viral on TikTok a while ago, that's why it got a boost. You're nothing but delusional if you don't think Katy won't have a viral moment with Roar/DH at one point it's literally not that hard. Material Girl (a 1985 song) was getting 350k daily updates in 2019 when it went it viral there. 

Not using the "parent album" bull**** method :rip: According to that method Like A Virgin is bigger than All I Want For Christmas Is You. :rip:

Moral of the story is:

Gaga has 500k more sales, Katy has 2 + billion more streams. Give it up, deliishis! 

Bad Romance got 129M Spotify streams in 2020, that's clearly superior to what Katy's songs did. It's not that Bad Romance is doing better than Katy's songs for the past few weeks, it has been the case SINCE THE BEGINNING OF 2020... Actually, it was already outdoing them during the ASIB era. So this excuse is pitiful, lamentable.

Their SPS according to ChartMasters:

Roar - 17,196,220

Bad Romance - 17,131,466

Dark Horse - 15,197,840

Only Roar and Bad Romance are close in terms of standalone units, but BR being part of an album that sold MUCH more millions largely overcomes that gap and makes it the #1 song. 

And why are you even bringing up Madonna's songs, LAV? :skull:

These were literally released in the 80s/90s a much healthier climate for album sales and they enjoyed several decades to generate Commensurate Sales.

So in conclusion, Gaga's hits have higher units overall AND are selling more units rn. :skull:

Edited by biblicalmonster
16 minutes ago, biblicalmonster said:

I brought a lot of evidence to support my claims.

I think all you proved was that BR was a huge hit at the time and a classic, I don't think anyone denies that. To say it's never been topped can not be proven. There are songs since that time that have had better chart runs or more views, more acclaim or better streams it's just not an undeniable fact and too many variables to prove one song is above all others. I think BR stands on its own merit and is proof that Gaga was the driving force of pop cultures resurgence and dominance of female led pop music at the time and it's undeniable superstar but no way to prove BR has not been topped.

Earth Ripper
1 minute ago, L.B GAGA said:

The delusion. :toofunny2:

Explain pls. Let's not be lazy.

biblicalmonster
19 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Do Little Monsters claim biblicalmonster and Perfillusion ? Both of them are trolling so hard all the time :deadbanana2:

I know you have a grudge against me because each time I quote your posts full of nonsense I push your loud mouth in. One shot. This is probably why you resort to personal attacks now :deadbanana:

Mr. Yoso

There's a lot of songs bigger than that trash song. This fad pop star has the most delusional stanbase ever. yikes

10 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

As one of the few monster's in this thread that is not trolling and trying to be unbiased as possible I would like to just point out that Billie owes a large part of her success to Gaga and the doors she opened for her. Billies entire esthetic and persona during that era was highly influenced by Gaga's early image. I also don't think Bury a friend or Bad Guy will be any less "jokey" in 10 years than BR is now.

L.B GAGA
8 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

In what universe did Billie Elish top Gaga's debut. Sis just quit the delusion, her impact was minuscule. Her sales are low in comparison to Gaga's debut, even her cultural impact was less than Gaga's. 

Literally even Ariana overshadows Billie in impact.