No female has topped BR this century. Why?

biblicalmonster

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 minute ago, biblicalmonster said:

There's literally no drag. All I see is that I'm clocking everyone. :siptea:

Well this one in particular, is pushing a certain narrative for the LMs and Gaga herself (at least on atrl)

not dragging (or even clocking that much, since most are concentrated on something else here)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• biblicalmonster

• Edit0rz

• L.B GAGA

• Earth Ripper

biblicalmonster
3 minutes ago, lonnie said:

Tik Tok (the song that blocked it), We Found Love, Rolling in the Deep etc were/are all bigger hits

Bad Romance certainly is among the biggest female hits of the century but there were bigger female songs before and after it was released

1887642870_ezgif.com-gif-maker(6).thumb.

The title implies the sound that is the most iconic, everything doesn't imply that the success. Bad Romance is a bigger hit than WFL and TiK ToK. Only RITD is bigger. :skull:

Bad Romance - 11x platinum

TiK ToK - 9x platinum

We Found Love - 9x platinum 

2. 2009 – Lady Gaga  Bad Romance [The Fame / The Fame Monster]  7,100,000

2. 2011 – Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris  We Found Love [Talk That Talk]  4,370,000

1 minute ago, perfillusion said:

We Found Love is unfortunately not a solo song, and according to rules set forth by members like yourself, cannot be compared to those solo songs you listed. Sorry!

Okay.....?

Y'all really need to get it together and I say this with no malice and good intentions. It's getting weird

33 minutes ago, lonnie said:

The call is coming from inside the house at this point. Why need the OGH when you can set up your fave and fanbase by yourself?

Exactly. BR legacy does not need explanation nor a pointless thread to invite backlash. It WAS huge and anyone alive at that point is already aware. If there was another thread denying it's status or comparing classic songs of the '10 then by all means reply to that but this was childish and why Monsters are despised. I hate that Gaga's achievements are constantly undermined on this site but trying to shove all of her accomplishments down everyone else's throats like her success is incomparable is bound to cause resentment.

To all the monster's: EVERYONE already knows Gaga was that bish from '08 to '12 and that Shallow is a modern classic. You trying to remind them constantly causes other fan bases to point out her shortcomings. No one would deny her impact if we let it speak for itself and not let them get under our skins when they point out she doesn't ALWAYS beat every other artist in every metric.

biblicalmonster
1 minute ago, unclefloprry said:

7 rings
Shake It Off

Dark Horse

Dont Start Now

Havana

:coffee2:

:ahh:

Insanity

If we are talking the 21st century I'd say Toxic, Umbrella and Crazy In Love are included among the best songs of this century by female pop stars

biblicalmonster
2 minutes ago, Insanity said:

If we are talking the 21st century I'd say Toxic, Umbrella and Crazy In Love are included among the best songs of this century by female pop stars

Good

By the Water
1 hour ago, bad guy said:

suburbannature

The fact that they were so offended they were being mentioned as well

ASfjOdN.thumb.gif.0b81819d7f33b4314c3b2b

biblicalmonster
3 minutes ago, By the Water said:

The fact that they were so offended they were being mentioned as well

We don't need to live in the past. Just last year, Rain On Me was a global hit.

By the Water
2 minutes ago, biblicalmonster said:

We don't need to live in the past. Just last year, Rain On Me was a global hit.

Ok? Doesn't change the fact that Ga Ga is a B-lister in 2021

57 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

Even if you had to think Objectively for a second (Which is difficult for you guys), the answer would probably be Royals by Lorde, Rolling in the Deep by Adele, or even Party in the USA by Miley. BR is ONE of the biggest, but it's definitely not the biggest. It was even below Bodak Yellow on the Decade end BB100 chart.

Big songs but not big videos. Do you know how many people cite BR video in interviews to this day?? The way the video sweeper awards all the way from the VMA’s to the Grammys, lorde or adele ain’t seeing her in that lane. Props to them tho, I was scared you were gonna say a rih or brit song :ahh:them lashings were on stand by already

8 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Ok? Doesn't change the fact that Ga Ga is a B-lister in 2021

The delusion by most Monster's in this thread is obvious but Gaga's name is still very much A-list. She is still very much in demand as represented by her inclusion with WHO and other disaster reief campaigns, constantly asked to give tribute performances for legends, the Academy award and Superbowl performances, upcoming film roles, her name being rumored in nearly every big budget movie (little mermaid, Cleopatra, Bayonetta, X-Men, Birds of prey...) and she could book any stage or platform off her name alone, which is as A-List as it gets.

biblicalmonster
1 minute ago, Edit0rz said:

The delusion by most Monster's in this thread is obvious but Gaga's name is still very much A-list. She is still very much in demand as represented by her inclusion with WHO and other disaster reief campaigns, constantly asked to give tribute performances for legends, the Academy award and Superbowl performances, upcoming film roles, her name being rumored in nearly every big budget movie (little mermaid, Cleopatra, Bayonetta, X-Men, Birds of prey...) and she could book any stage or platform off her name alone, which is as A-List as it gets.

Delusion? :rip:

But BR is indeed untouchable :sorry:

1 minute ago, biblicalmonster said:

Delusion? :rip:

But BR is indeed untouchable :sorry:

It is ONE of the biggest hits of the decade AND made huge impact but that does not mean other songs from that time pale in comparison. I don't like Katy Perry for example but to deny that something like Dark Horse song and video were every much as big as BR is absolutely arguable. They may not be as good in my opinion and I feel BR made a bigger impact and has a greater legacy but that is completely objective to the listener. 

biblicalmonster
4 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Rolling in the Deep, Someone Like You, Shake It Off & Roar/DH are bigger. 

Only those are bigger and the poll was about ICONOGRAPHY.

biblicalmonster
8 minutes ago, Edit0rz said:

It is ONE of the biggest hits of the decade AND made huge impact but that does not mean other songs from that time pale in comparison. I don't like Katy Perry for example but to deny that something like Dark Horse song and video were every much as big as BR is absolutely arguable. They may not be as good in my opinion and I feel BR made a bigger impact and has a greater legacy but that is completely objective to the listener. 

Sis the thread wasn't only about success. It is in fact related to impact. BR is far more iconic than Dark Horse and this isn't even up to debate. Concerning commercial success, BR outdid Dark Horse on a global scale, it outperformed it on year-end charts, has higher units sold, is pulling higher recurrent streams, etc..

biblicalmonster
2 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Bad Romance 

- 1.3b views 

- 492m streams 

Apple Music:

Roar 

- 3.3b views

- 596m streams 

Apple Music:

Digital downloads

Bad Romance: 12,2M

Roar: 11,7M

Dark Horse: 9,4M

Physical sales

Bad Romance: 200k

Roar: 20k

Dark Horse: 10k

Recurring streams on Spotify

Bad Romance: +429,478

Roar: 316,613

Dark Horse: +293,915

2. 2009 – Lady Gaga  Bad Romance [The Fame / The Fame Monster]  7,100,000

1. 2013 – Katy Perry  Roar [Prism]  3,940,000

3. 2013 – Katy Perry ft. Juicy J  Dark Horse [Prism]  3,710,000

Give it up, deelishis

ineedboxinggloves
2 hours ago, G'Day said:

Monsters living in the past once again :deadbanana2:

Honestly I can’t even defend this :deadbanana4:

13 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Bad Romance 

- 1.3b views 

- 492m streams 

Apple Music:

Roar 

- 3.3b views

- 596m streams 

Apple Music:

Dark Horse 

- 3b views 

- 737m streams 

Bad Romance makes those videos look like high school art projects and no stats will change that!