“Dated" The Fame album: 290K in 2020. Why?

perfillusion

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MrLovett

• perfillusion

• Katniss

• CruelSummer13

20 hours ago, biblicalmonster said:

It's already eligible for diamond.

Is it really? I'd imagine Just Dance is close to Diamond as well, but I didn't know the album was. 

perfillusion
29 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Then in the future, don't lie about streaming services. It'll save you the embarrassment. :coffee2:

Didn't play on streaming services in the US.

OT: The Fame brought dance music back to the US and still making people dance 13 years later :clap3:

17 minutes ago, perfillusion said:

Didn't play on streaming services in the US.

Still lying, I see. :coffee2:

Screen-Shot-2021-01-10-at-18-08-40.png

3 hours ago, MrLovett said:

Still lying, I see. :coffee2:

Screen-Shot-2021-01-10-at-18-08-40.png

are you ok?!....:deadbanana4:

the metdown.....other girls canxt even sell half of  of ASIB in 2020 with Disney backing them up:deadbanana4:

12 minutes ago, BawBaw said:

are you ok?!....:deadbanana4:

the metdown.....other girls canxt even sell half of  of ASIB in 2020 with Disney backing them up:deadbanana4:

I'm fine, thanks for checking dupe! Just clocking some lies.

FloridaKilos
On 1/9/2021 at 12:23 PM, StrangerInTheDark said:

Because it's basically GH album, has almost all her hits on it

Oh wow. :clap3:

UnusualBoy

The album is a classic for her but it is indeed DATED and that doesn't mean it's bad (Although the TF is filled with fillers but that's a topic for another thread), it just means that it sounds very of its time... :toofunny3:

Cryptique

ATRL calling it dated while stanning FUTURE NOSTALGIA and AFTER HOURS

:dies:

THE FAME remains as the blueprint of throwback but fresh Era methinks :giraffe:

teresaguidice
1 minute ago, Cryptique said:

ATRL calling it dated while stanning FUTURE NOSTALGIA and AFTER HOURS

:dies:

THE FAME remains as the blueprint of throwback but fresh Era methinks :giraffe:

what was it throwing back to? the 80s? i wouldn't say the references are overt enough on most tracks to call it a throwback. born this way is the throwback album. 

Cryptique
3 minutes ago, teresaguidice said:

what was it throwing back to? the 80s? i wouldn't say the references are overt enough on most tracks to call it a throwback. born this way is the throwback album. 

"Musically, The Fame is an electropop, synth-pop, and dance-pop album that displays influences from 1980s music."

both are influenced by 80s synth-pop. BTW just added Rock&Country influences to the mix

SilencePlease

No. But it does sound less dated than Chromatica, which is embarrasing.

perfillusion
20 minutes ago, SilencePlease said:

No. But it does sound less dated than Chromatica, which is embarrasing.

Well Chromatica is still charting. Gaga's peers did not have the same luck with their latest releases! So is ASIB. It seems like Gaga's music from the distant past (TF), the recent past (ASIB) and the present (Chromatica) continue to chart and be consumed. The GP must not find them dated like ATRL does, but then this place does live in its own bubble!

CakeLikeLG
19 hours ago, perfillusion said:

Well Chromatica is still charting. Gaga's peers did not have the same luck with their latest releases! So is ASIB. It seems like Gaga's music from the distant past (TF), the recent past (ASIB) and the present (Chromatica) continue to chart and be consumed. The GP must not find them dated like ATRL does, but then this place does live in its own bubble!

:soda:

RedOne produced not even half of the songs on the album. his sound is very distinct but most of the other songs (Summerboy, Eh Eh, Disco Heaven, Retro Dance Freak etc.) have a very obvious musical reference to disco and the 80s with a reinterpreted approach. I think the album is of its time for sure, but it was meant to be a throwback sound. 

Its sales are not surprising to me, it's a defining record for the time period and a lot of people may be rediscovering it in 2020. 

dated =/= bad, many people have a hard time getting this concept. most classique 80s/90s sings are dated, doesn't mean they aren't still praised and loved. TF is dated, period, but its hits are strong and carries the alberm longevity.

Pink Matter

Just want to point out that something being dated isn't a bad thing. It just means it sounds of it's time. Lot's of music sound like the decades they were released in, but that doesn't diminish their overall quality.

Anyways, congrats to Gaga! The Fame is a solid album :clap3: