“Dated" The Fame album: 290K in 2020. Why?

perfillusion

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MrLovett

• perfillusion

• Erreur2 La Nature

• Katniss

46 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

I literally defended your fave with this "essay" made of a few sentences but when you're not used to reading, your brain can't treat basic informations. It needs training.

42 minutes ago, Katniss said:

No you didn't and yes you literally said nothing :dies:

like...who's he trying to fool:rofl:

Marry Illusion Glory

It's a timeless album that is revered for its classics and fondly remembered by the GP even 12 years later. No surprise it is still good amount of moving units.

ATRL can stay pressedT.

perfillusion
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, supaspaz said:

Because she's fabulous for a throwback.

U know you've hit a nerve when even a mod who is supposed to lead by example can't stop himself from flamebait :laugh:

OT: seems like The Fame is *the* classic pop album of the 2000's!

Edited by perfillusion

It had the #1 European single of the year two years in a row and was the best selling European album 2 years in a row, so no I am not surprised! 

G.U.Y_Del_Rey

The definition of classic and legendary album :alexz:

DoctorIce
4 minutes ago, perfillusion said:

U know you've hit a nerve when even a mod who is supposed to lead by example can't stop himself from flamebait :laugh:

OT: seems like The Fame is *the* classic pop album of the 2000's!

Mods are still people you know? They can demonstrate their bitterness like any other user can. :coffee2:

Hot Volcano

this means it's probably coming for 7x Platinum next year :jonny5:

chosensparkles
3 hours ago, CruelSummer13 said:

Liddos stream the fame because they cant bear to listen to Chromatica ( of course I understand them and that's why its not even platinum in the US) :deadbanana4:

I see you're pressed love, what did Gaga do to hurt your feelings that much?

OT: classic album, the best debut ever in recent history

pablozedd
2 hours ago, ryoncé said:

every album eventually becomes dated....  i dont even get the point of this thread/people's love of calling TF dated

I mean everything Britney Spears has ever done sounds dated in 2021 but that doesnt have anything to do with quality. Every artist puts out art reflective of that time in art, culture, etc. and then as things naturally evolve, art becomes dated. It's not good or bad... just what IS.

The point is regardless of its relation to a point in time, does the art have quality. For The Fame, it is a resounding YES. 

This

The Fame is still a acclaimed album that impacted both veterans and new artists, musically, visually and performance wise.

Mrguilbeaux
3 hours ago, V3$$3L. said:

People like artifacts.

Why do you think museums are so popular?

Lol when you try and sound clever reading but you basically call the album a work of art :bibliahh:

3 hours ago, V3$$3L. said:

People like artifacts.

Why do you think museums are so popular?

I'm sorry but this comment made cackle big time :dies:

------

I Like It Rough  and Money Honey's bridge impact :alexz:

3 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Albums are not "forgotten" or "remembered". Hit songs can be though. Most people don't listen to album, especially nowadays which is why even when an artist debuts with 200k copies sold, it's considered impressive.

The Fame, coupled to The Fame Monster is Lady Gaga's best project for most people and her most famous one too. 

An album can be dated and sell. It can be trash and sell too (Not talking about TF). Selling all of this in 2020 is great though. It means that even if the album sounds old, people love to go back to Gaga's old music. The nostalgia effect is strong. Don't we all love The Fame and The Fame Monsters ? They might not be fresh but they're both great for a throwback. Found myself listening to Alejandro and Speechless the other day.

:clap3:It's dated and that is fine. There is no denying the album sounds of it's time but that does not mean it is bad. Most classics sound dated. She was at the height of her popularity at this time and when the general public thinks of Gaga this will always be the sound they resonate with due to nostalgia. She can get massive hits in the future and even add some signature songs like Shallow but with the exception of younger audiences this album is her magnum opus 

brainmaniac
2 hours ago, Katniss said:

No you didn't and yes you literally said nothing :dies:

That’s normal for him :dies:

12 minutes ago, Mrguilbeaux said:

Lol when you try and sound clever reading but you basically call the album a work of art :bibliahh:

Right:ahh:

biblicalmonster
1 hour ago, Hot Volcano said:

this means it's probably coming for 7x Platinum next year :jonny5:

It's already eligible for diamond.

• ATRL Moderator
supaspaz
1 hour ago, perfillusion said:

Where is the flamebait? You asked a question and I answered it. "Poker Face" is still Lady Gaga's best song.

• ATRL Moderator
supaspaz

If you make a thread inviting discussion and then attack everyone who replies, maybe you're the problem?

Hot Volcano
2 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

If you make a thread inviting discussion and then attack everyone who replies, maybe you're the problem?

Yea, like isn't it better to make a messy thread and just watch the mess from a distance? I always do that :eatpopcorn:

• #FreeBritney Activist
Erreur2 La Nature
1 hour ago, Edit0rz said:

:clap3:It's dated and that is fine. There is no denying the album sounds of it's time but that does not mean it is bad. Most classics sound dated. She was at the height of her popularity at this time and when the general public thinks of Gaga this will always be the sound they resonate with due to nostalgia. She can get massive hits in the future and even add some signature songs like Shallow but with the exception of younger audiences this album is her magnum opus 

Exactly but every time ATRL reads the words "dated" or "nostalgia" they take them as an attack. It sounds of its time and that is not a problem, TF and TFM are both very good.

It's weird how basic words are misinterpreted on this website. It's like they never went to school.

7 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Exactly but every time ATRL reads the words "dated" or "nostalgia" they take them as an attack. It sounds of its time and that is not a problem, TF and TFM are both very good.

It's weird how basic words are misinterpreted on this website. It's like they never went to school.

Everyone wants to think their fave is always at their peak and all their past hits would smash just the same today as they would at the time of their release. The fact is this is just not true, it's not difficult to appreciate past works for what they truly are. The Fame is a classic album and the majority of it's singles are legitimate classics. Add TFM and you have one of the most important pop era's off all time, there is no need to defend it, it speaks for itself.

It's dated and that is just fine, it's better to be remembered and that's the important thing.

4 hours ago, perfillusion said:

Fun fact: A Star Is Born also did over 500K in 2020 without the movie being on any major streaming platform like Netflix, Disney+, Hulu.

Screen-Shot-2021-01-10-at-00-04-15.png

Yeah, no streaming presence whatsoever. :coffee2: