“Dated" The Fame album: 290K in 2020. Why?

perfillusion

• #FreeBritney Activist

She tried to replicate the sound of TF/M (to some degree) on Chromatica

so she got a good boost effect on it :clap3:

doesn't change that it may sound forgotten tho

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MrLovett

• perfillusion

• Katniss

• CruelSummer13

every album eventually becomes dated....  i dont even get the point of this thread/people's love of calling TF dated

I mean everything Britney Spears has ever done sounds dated in 2021 but that doesnt have anything to do with quality. Every artist puts out art reflective of that time in art, culture, etc. and then as things naturally evolve, art becomes dated. It's not good or bad... just what IS.

The point is regardless of its relation to a point in time, does the art have quality. For The Fame, it is a resounding YES. 

SwiftLover

The album is dated & has cute recurrents. Both can be true . Exactly what was this thread supposed to prove? :dies:

alfonso12
8 minutes ago, CruelSummer13 said:

the way you ignore Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa and Ariana :deadbanana4:

OT: Monsters prefer the fame than Chromatica. They still live in the past :clap3:

I just find it ironic cause the same could've been said about Katy, TD was still charting some months ago while Smile wasn't. At least Chromatica is at like 800k and according to Mediatraffic was the 21th best selling album of the year WW, Smile in the other hand... :rip: 

Btw Ariana is not even in your sig.

Holiest Dreams
52 minutes ago, V3$$3L. said:

People like artifacts.

Why do you think museums are so popular?

:deadbanana: 

But yeah, her best album by a long shot (and her most hits, most iconic songs/imagery, most interesting melodies and production). Her music consistently declined after it, so I’m not surprised The Fame is her classic record.

47 minutes ago, ReverseWarholian said:

Smile for one :rip:

:rip: 

-

A classic :clap3: the fame is a very solid album btw, concept, lyrics, melodies, production all make sense 

Tremor Christ

Because people stream Just Dance & Pokerface. In streaming album units doesn't necessarily mean people are streaming the album. Those two songs are plastered all over playlists which are where most streams are coming from.

Edited by Tremor Christ
15 minutes ago, ryoncé said:

every album eventually becomes dated....  i dont even get the point of this thread/people's love of calling TF dated

I mean everything Britney Spears has ever done sounds dated in 2021 but that doesnt have anything to do with quality. Every artist puts out art reflective of that time in art, culture, etc. and then as things naturally evolve, art becomes dated. It's not good or bad... just what IS.

The point is regardless of its relation to a point in time, does the art have quality. For The Fame, it is a resounding YES. 

Exactly :clap3:

CakeLikeLG
2 minutes ago, Tremor Christ said:

Because people stream Just Dance & Pokerface. In streaming album units doesn't necessarily mean people are streaming the album. Those two songs are plastered all over playlists which are where most streams are coming from.

and what is your point sis?

Tremor Christ

2 minutes ago, Tremor Christ said:

Meanwhile at least 2 non singles are gold and one more other album track is inches away from being gold as well. Y’all should at least try to know what ur talking about, SCREAMING at the other mpg stans calling it dated when theirs are even MORE dated :bibliahh:

TF is practically the Thriller of this gen so no I’m not surprised it loved almost 300K units more than a decade after it came out. 

MrLovett

It selling 290k copies doesn't mean it's not still dated. :rip: But I see that thread got under the Monsters' skin. :toofunny3:

Rhiannon

The way The Fame still sound fresh and ahead of its time and GP agree makes ATRL seethe  luv it:gaycat4:

Lemme listen to Paparazzi, Paper gangsta and Disco heaven :WAP:

2 minutes ago, IAMDOM said:

TF is practically the Thriller of this gen so no I’m not surprised it loved almost 300K units more than a decade after it came out. 

tenor.gif?itemid=16084413

infrared
27 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

She tried to replicate the sound of TF/M (to some degree) on Chromatica

so she got a good boost effect on it :clap3:

doesn't change that it may sound forgotten tho

No she didn’t :bibliahh: 90s house is completely different from 80s synth

infrared
4 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

It selling 290k copies doesn't mean it's not still dated. :rip: But I see that thread got under the Monsters' skin. :toofunny3:

But I keep hearing that dated = no one’s listening to it. that’s literally the main argument you’re (ogh) using it for. That’s what the OP is saying. 

37 minutes ago, romonster said:

ATRL lives in a bubble that is disconnected from the real world and reality. 

The Fame is a timeless and classic modern pop album. It is not dated and very much remembered and revisited.

Tremor Christ
9 minutes ago, IAMDOM said:

Meanwhile at least 2 non singles are gold and one more other album track is inches away from being gold as well. Y’all should at least try to know what ur talking about, SCREAMING at the other mpg stans calling it dated when theirs are even MORE dated :bibliahh:

That is thanks to digital sales :skull: Starstruck and whichever album track was popular in 2009 not 2020, the delusion

MrLovett
1 minute ago, infrared said:

But I keep hearing that dated = no one’s listening to it. that’s literally the main argument you’re (ogh) using it for. That’s what the OP is saying.

No, the OP is whining that ATRL believes The Fame to be dated. Which it is. Nobody said people aren't listening to it. :rip:

33 minutes ago, ryoncé said:

:clap3: