Is Madonna respected by the GP or they see her as a joke?

Is Madonna respected?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Is Madonna respected?

• No at all.
    • Not as her peers are.
    • Yes, they love her.

2 hours ago, GlamSlam said:

Many Madonna album's (especially LAP and ROL) were critically acclaimed by well respected music critics / publications, so she hasn't "always been a joke" but of course you don't want to hear the truth, do you?

Rolling Stone said that Like a Prayer was “as close to art as pop music gets.”, and Pitchfork (who usually hate Madonna) give LAP a 9.0.

I could post every gushing review on those albums, but it'll be wasted on detractors like you.

and her record label didn't drop her either. Her contract with Interscope expired in 2020, making her a free agent.

In 2011, she signed a three-album deal with the Universal Music Group company which was fulfilled with her last album, Madame X. Try again.

I wouldn't even reply to that. A person who says she is that big only because she got some record deal - I have to laugh. There's literally thousand of other pop girls who get those deals, but they can't do a 1% what Madonna did and does to this day.

To answer a question - she is probably seen as joke to some, but who cares. Whole world can't like you. I bet Madonna is past that time when she worries if she is respected by some middle aged woman in Ohio. Bitch lives her life to the fullest.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangerInTheDark

• Jjang

• Earth Ripper

• C.Damen

JustHoran

Madonna is a joke to the GP. She has been for years. After she dies, she will prob be respected more for her old music, etc. but right now she's seen as a joke for tarnishing her own legacy and acting childish for a decade.

ArtForFreedom

lets see she doesn't use drugs, had any run ins with law enforcement, lives a pretty healthy life... Why are people so bothered? I guess because she's the Queen of Pop 

tumblr_m8i7sjaCHt1qhjm0go1_r1_500.gif

DoctorIce
19 hours ago, JustHoran said:

Madonna is a joke to the GP. She has been for years. After she dies, she will prob be respected more for her old music, etc. but right now she's seen as a joke for tarnishing her own legacy and acting childish for a decade.

Basically this. My mum used to listen to QAnonna when I was a kid and now she pretends that she never liked her music because her conspiratorial behaviour these days is so humiliating. :dies:

The only time she gets media coverage these days is when tabloids drag her horrible behaviour:

Four senior political figures in Malawi DIE from Covid-19 just days after Madonna, 62, appeared unmasked in the country

A Compendium of Madonna's Covidiocy

GoodGuyGoneGhetto
21 minutes ago, DoctorIce said:

Basically this. My mum used to listen to QAnonna when I was a kid and now she pretends that she never liked her music because her conspiratorial behaviour these days is so humiliating. :dies:

The only time she gets media coverage these days is when tabloids drag her horrible behaviour:

Four senior political figures in Malawi DIE from Covid-19 just days after Madonna, 62, appeared unmasked in the country

A Compendium of Madonna's Covidiocy

My Mom and aunts were huge fans of Madonna as adolescents in the 1980’s/early 1990’s and loved her as much as they did Whitney Houston, Janet Jackson, Anita Baker, Paula Abdul etc. I know this as they own (my Mom especially) practically every album of hers (between “Madonna” to “The Immaculate Collection/Erotica”) on vinyl including CD singles and the likes from that period.

Today, you couldn’t pay them to see her live let alone speak about her. :deadbanana4:

This isn’t a loss in Madonna’s pockets of course but, from what I’ve heard/read, this is the general consensus from most people who grew up with her until now. Her antics have completely changed/warped their perception of her.

That said, my 45 year old Gay cousin still stans her which is absolutely no surprise. :rip:

FloridaKilos

They don't think of her. 

The only time I ever hear Madonna is if they're doing an 80s mix. She'll forever be a gay iconic, though. But outside of the gay community she's not hailed by the GP like MJ, Whitney Houston, Prince, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, and the likes of them.

GoodGuyGoneGhetto
14 minutes ago, FloridaKilos said:

They don't think of her. 

The only time I ever hear Madonna is if they're doing an 80s mix. She'll forever be a gay iconic, though. But outside of the gay community she's not hailed by the GP like MJ, Whitney Houston, Prince, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, and the likes of them.

I just asked my Mom when did she stop listening to Madonna.

She replied...

”Wow! That was decades ago. I don’t know, maybe after that Babyface song which was really nice after the whole sex magazine stuff. She just went too far. I remember that because it was around the time you were born”.

This tells me everything I need to know. I-

:toofunny2:

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto
StrangerInTheDark
50 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

I just asked my Mom when did she stop listening to Madonna.

She replied...

”Wow! That was decades ago. I don’t know, maybe after that Babyface song which was really nice after the whole sex magazine stuff. She just went too far. I remember that because it was around the time you were born”.

This tells me everything I need to know. I-

:toofunny2:

You keep forgetting that people also grew back in the day and during those years they simply stop listening to music like they did when they were young. 

That has changed now when everyone is always surrounded by music thanks to easy way of listening to it. Music became part of life now. 

But I am also sure you will change your opinion on music and artists DECADES from now.

T.O.A.D.S.
1 hour ago, FloridaKilos said:

They don't think of her. 

Because they're dead, hun. And they all died tragically and unexpectedly, including John Lennon from The Beatles.

Cryptique
21 hours ago, JustHoran said:

:giraffe:

FloridaKilos
21 minutes ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

Because they're dead, hun. And they all died tragically and unexpectedly, including John Lennon from The Beatles.

She's not even as used by the GP or millennials unlike Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac, Diana Ross, Bruce Springsteen...it's not fair to use the excuse that they're dead - MJ, Prince and Bowie were all hailed and respected as legends by the GP well before they passed.

But perhaps if Madonna passed she would be immortalized with the GP. :mandown:

Edited by FloridaKilos

They love to hate on her, but they obviously still care about Madonna.

The second she drops dead, they will immediately christen her as a LEGEND in big capitals.

Girl, my parents and grandparents love Madonna to this day. What kind of delusional thread is this? Stop putting women down

StrangerInTheDark
17 minutes ago, FloridaKilos said:

MJ hailed and respected as legends by the GP well before they passed.

Why are you lying?

T.O.A.D.S.
23 minutes ago, FloridaKilos said:

She's not even as used by the GP or millennials unlike Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac, Dianna Ross, Bruce Springsteen...it's not fair to use the excuse that their dead - MJ, Prince and Bowie were all hailed and respected as legends by the GP well before they passed.

I'm gonna have to see some receipts to prove millennials are using Stevie Nicks, Diana Ross and Bruce Springsteen more than Madonna. 

Hashtag views on TikTok

- Fleetwood Mac - 571.0m

- Madonna 285.6m

- Stevie Nicks... 123.2m

- Diana Ross... 9m

- Bruce Springsteen... 5.7m

Most used sounds on TikTok

- Fleetwood Mac - Dreams - 611.0k videos

- Madonna - Material Girl - 185.1k videos 

- Stevie Nicks - Crystal - 15.8k videos

- Diana Ross - I'm Coming Out - 56.5k videos

- Bruce Springsteen - Jersey Girl (Live) - 6895 videos

Madonna is already hailed and respected as a legend. Whether you or anyone else wants to argue otherwise because she wears grills and posts a selfie from a bad angle on Instagram from time to time doesn't erase her legendary career that has spanned almost 40 years. 

MJ was unfortunately ridiculed by both the GP and critics following his trials. After he passed everyone served a "we love him again" tease. The same situation happened to Whitney who was dragged in the press for appearing drunk just a few days before she passed. If the GP could overlook those situations, I'm sure Madonna and her "antics" will be forgiven too. 

Edited by T.O.A.D.S.

People know she’s iconic, but they cringe at her present output. Time is usually cruel to celebs anyway no matter who you are, especially if you’re a woman. 

She's not even as used by the GP or millennials unlike Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac, Diana Ross, Bruce Springsteen...it's not fair to use the excuse that they're dead - MJ, Prince and Bowie were all hailed and respected as legends by the GP well before they passed.

Michael Jackson was the star of i don't know how any satires. He was made fun of in movies, songs, music videos, etc in a way that not even Madonna is. Even his music was only well received until like early 90's. From HIStory on it was just okay :deadbanana4: 

Only when he passed did that changed for him. 

And GP and Millenials don't use Madonna but use "Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac, Diana Ross, Bruce Springsteen"? And "MJ, Prince and Bowie were all hailed and respected as legends by the GP well before they passed" but they aren't getting the same streaming metrics as Madonna? (except MJ)

Spotify Listeners: 

Michael Jackson: 25M

Fleetwood Mac: 23M

Bruce Springsteen: 18.5

David Bowie: 15.7

Madonna: 14.4M

Prince: 9.4M

Diana Ross: 7.1M

Stevie Nicks: 6.6M

Youtube views:

Michael Jackson: 4.4M

Madonna: 2M

Bruce Springsteen: 0.686M

Fleetwood Mac: 0.367M

Prince: 0.304M

David Bowie: 0.076M

Diana Ross: ---

Stevie Nicks: ---

Seems like Madonna is doing fine? Even Fleetwood Mac were doing Madonna numbers before going viral in TikTok last month...

Just stop lying already. MJ was laughing stock before he died. 

Lead Cenobite

When she dies:

"What an icon! I've always been a fan! What a trailblazer! My favorite song! She was so visionary!" Hypocrites.

Fine, disagree with her current antics but to diminish her accomplishments, legacy and career is beyond delusional.

Lead Cenobite
1 hour ago, Ayanaa said:

Just stop lying already. MJ was laughing stock before he died. 

Right!? What planet are they living on?

Dozens of shows like SNL/MadTV and movies like Scary Movie 3 constantly made fun of him. Him dangling a baby over a balcony, the sexual molestation charges, the growing change to his physical appearance, he was a joke. The tide turned somewhat when he announced his last tour and when he died. Then it's become "He was the king" but people forget how he was pretty much a punching bag and a billboard for child abuse in the public's eyes.

DoctorIce
4 hours ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

Madonna is already hailed and respected as a legend. Whether you or anyone else wants to argue otherwise because she wears grills and posts a selfie from a bad angle on Instagram from time to time doesn't erase her legendary career that has spanned almost 40 years. 

Erm, straw man alert.

No one cares about her selfies. Madonna is rightfully dragged for peddling dangers coronavirus conspiracy theories (and conspiracies in general), dragging children across five different countries maskless during the height of a pandemic and a host of other very tasteless and insensitive things that she has said or done. 

It hasn't erased her career but it certainly has gone some way in erasing her cultural significance and legacy. The general perception of these days is... not pretty.

T.O.A.D.S.
18 minutes ago, DoctorIce said:

Erm, straw man alert.

No one cares about her selfies. Madonna is rightfully dragged for peddling dangers coronavirus conspiracy theories (and conspiracies in general), dragging children across five different countries maskless during the height of a pandemic and a host of other very tasteless and insensitive things that she has said or done. 

It hasn't erased her career but it certainly has gone some way in erasing her cultural significance and legacy. The general perception of these days is... not pretty.

Everyone cares about her selfies. Her selfies make worldwide news and have done so ever since she started using Instagram more frequently during the Rebel Heart era. People have dragged her social media antics long before covid-19 was ever a thing. The conversation around her bad selfies always leads back to "she's trying to hard to be relevant", "give it up grandma" etc. https://atrl.net/forums/topic/209432-madonna-reveals-new-wig/