Is Madonna respected by the GP or they see her as a joke?

Is Madonna respected?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Is Madonna respected?

• No at all.
    • Not as her peers are.
    • Yes, they love her.

StrangerInTheDark
34 minutes ago, Jjang said:

But you will argue that they love Mariah, no? Then why don't they buy her tickets, let alone spend $400 on average on them like they did with Madonna? Why doesn't she have multiple 1m+ liked posts on Instagram like Madge despite being a Gen Z darling? Why did her "I made it without social media" Tweet get more likes (across all social media platforms, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) than any Mariah tweet this year sans the Ariana/Christmas one? Genuine questions. No shade to Mariah so let's not even approach this as a stan war. 

Has Madonna done a lot of cringey stuff? Yes. Has she ****ed up so so many times? Absolutely. Is her reputation in a good place? Also no. 

But stop acting like it's a black and white topic when we're talking about Madonna here. She is never going to be a Gee Pee darling, but simultaneously she will also never be the mere joke ATRL wants to paint her to be. 

Sis Mariah is queen of twitter. She has tweet with over 1m likes there. Madonna's recent tweets can't even get to 4k :deadbanana4:

There is no comparison between Madonna and Mariah on twitter. Mariah wipes the floor with her. And not just on her own page but with viral tweets too

Edited by StrangerInTheDark
Edited
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangerInTheDark

• Jjang

• Earth Ripper

• C.Damen

1 minute ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

Sis Mariah is queen of twitter. She has tweet with over 1m likes there. Madonna's recent tweets can't even get to 4k :deadbanana4:

She literally has like 20m more followers than Madonna and they get similar likes ratios unless it's Christmas/Meme related, don't try it sis. Had it been reversed you'd be like "omg it's embarrassing Madonna has so many fake bots followers and still only gets 10k likes a tweet :cm:"  and what about Instagram? You know, the platform with 770 million more active users than Twitter, where Madonna is bigger? Is that just a dimension in reality your mind can't explain?

Earth Ripper
5 minutes ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

Edit: Already clocked I see :gaycat2:

Edited by Earth Ripper
StrangerInTheDark
4 minutes ago, Jjang said:

She literally has like 20m more followers than Madonna and they get similar likes ratios unless it's Christmas/Meme related, don't try it sis.

Sis stop with delusion, do you want me to post their last 10, 20, 30 tweets? Mariah has average of +25k per tweets, Madonna is struggling to get past 5k.

I see you're talking about IG too but you don't wanna get to that topic because Madonna's decline is just as evident as the one on twitter. 

Edited by StrangerInTheDark

Sis stop with delusion, do you want me to post their last 10, 20, 30 tweets? Mariah has average of +25k per tweets, Madonna is struggling to get past 5k.

Obviously no because these tweets are Christmas themed or/and are memes. Post their regular posts (for instance, a random selfie, a photoshoot, a career throwback, Mariah promoting her book/current music etc) and then compare it to Madonna's of the same vein. What's the difference going to be? Mariah having like 5-10k more likes despite being 20m more followers.

Meanwhile, on Instagram, Madonna's most liked post has 700k more likes than Mariah's most liked, but that doesn't play to your narrative so again, your brain will automatically delete that folder. 

StrangerInTheDark
5 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

Edit: Already clocked I see :gaycat2:

Ok, I see you want receipts

Their last 10 tweets

Mariah: 12,1k, 27,7k, 9,2k, 24k, 9,1k, 20,2k, 21,7k, 28,5k, 4,9k, 27k (you're lucky the one with 100k is 11th) - average 18,44k 

Madonna: 7,3k, 2,2k, 4,2k, 3,9k, 6,3k, 4,7k, 2,8k, 3,2k, 4,4k, 4,7k - 4,37k

Clocked indeed. 

1 hour ago, KillingYourCareer said:

I mean, here where she's still famous she is seen as a joke by the most. All that she has left is an aging but faithful fanbase that'll allow her to have decent stats, but ask anyone else and they won't have much positive to say about her.

Second person (19) answered 

aTWP0Be.jpg

Edited by Jjang
lemme edittt thankssss
StrangerInTheDark
2 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Obviously no because these tweets are Christmas themed or/and are memes. Post their regular posts (for instance, a random selfie, a photoshoot, a career throwback, Mariah promoting her book/current music etc) and then compare it to Madonna's of the same vein. What's the difference going to be? Mariah having like 5-10k more likes despite being 20m more followers.

Meanwhile, on Instagram, Madonna's most liked post has 700k more likes than Mariah's most liked, but that doesn't play to your narrative so again, your brain will automatically delete that folder. 

Mariah's last picture on IG has over 300k likes, last time Madonna had over 300k was months ago. 

this is still going on?

these kinda threads have been made every year bla, bla, bla

fact is she's the best-selling female artist of all time aka THE queen of Pop.

so who cares if the geepee sees ha as a joke.

the geepee already gave ha all their money making ha THE QUEEN so who is the real joke here?

the senseless back and forth in here is a cringefest.

Mariah's last picture on IG has over 300k likes, last time Madonna had over 300k was months ago. 

Simply because she's been posting tons of videos lately which gets less likes --> affects the algorithm for the following posts. And again, the pictures you're referencing are holiday season pictures. Go back to their October/September/August/July etc... posts and see who frequently gets more likes. But no, no, you're absolutely right... these people randomly died in November and will never like her pics again. :monkey:

Earth Ripper
13 minutes ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

Ok, I see you want receipts

Their last 10 tweets

Mariah: 12,1k, 27,7k, 9,2k, 24k, 9,1k, 20,2k, 21,7k, 28,5k, 4,9k, 27k (you're lucky the one with 100k is 11th) - average 18,44k 

Madonna: 7,3k, 2,2k, 4,2k, 3,9k, 6,3k, 4,7k, 2,8k, 3,2k, 4,4k, 4,7k - 4,37k

Clocked indeed. 

I don't need receipts. Twitter and Insta followers don't have anything to do with this topic, which is whether or not she's respected. If that logic was legit, they're both equally respected since Madonna has a lot more followers than Mariah on Insta.

The point is you brought up another misleading/false fact to distract from the broader argument which is that, contrary to your claims, there is a (limited) culture of positivity surrounding Madonna that involves her legacy of female empowerment and her impact on the music industry, two qualities that are part of the foundation of the respect she receives.

So whenever you're finally ready to tackle that, bring it. Otherwise, stop wasting our time.

KillingYourCareer

:ahh: if I ever take something so trivial seriously to the point I have to post Whatsapp screenshots of conversations with my friends, please send me help. Madonna's persona isn't respected by most here, where she's still famous and the GP got to see her latest moves that are the main reason why she isn't taken seriously. That Eurovision performance alone and the reaction it got speaks volumes. :michael:

19 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

:ahh: if I ever take something so trivial seriously to the point I have to post Whatsapp screenshots of conversations with my friends, please send me help. Madonna's persona isn't respected by most here, where she's still famous and the GP got to see her latest moves that are the main reason why she isn't taken seriously. That Eurovision performance alone and the reaction it got speaks volumes. :michael:

Imagine thinking my trivial response to your trivial argument is serious, sis. I dedicated 7 seconds to send a Whatsapp message, if you think that requires any form of significant effort/time then I'm so so so sorry for your productive/academic life, sis. 

Anyway, now that we established that the "just ask anyone!!" argument is trash. We can now move on to real arguments, where you have no business discussing so you can comfortably exit this thread and go back to streaming your precious Tricon :heart:

Edited by Jjang
exist changed to exit
8 hours ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

I agree. But then again she was hardly anywhere. It just happened that everytime she was on TV she was panned. It's not award shows. It's her.

How do you expect her to fix her image and clean her reputation if she is not visible to GP? By uploading single remixes on Spotify?

She can fix her image later. At this point she just needs to make sure it doesn’t get any worse. :rip: People do NOT want her around right now at all. I hate to say it but she needs to just go away...

As for her social media just I hope it returns to its 2017-18 state which I don’t doubt will happen. She only stirs things up during an album era (COVID was just her wanting attention). 

When she’s ready to come back out she just needs a 2018 Met Gala moment which I’m sure will come up for her . If she gets REALLY  lucky she can get some award and use that somehow (like the woman of the year thing)

5 hours ago, KillingYourCareer said:

This thread shows how out of touch with reality many of you guys are. It's asking whether she's respected by the GP. It's not about the quality of her music (Madame X was a solid record, but not many people check out her latest project), it's about her all around persona... which clearly isn't respected and widely considered cringeworthy, tryhard and attention seeking.

Talking about reality when you can't prove your point. 

Once again, how do yo measure the respect? 

Here, for example, you have Madonna as the 11th most admired woman in 2019.

https://today.yougov.com/topics/international/articles-reports/2019/07/18/2019-worlds-most-admired

Is so easy to talk without proofs and then claim REALITY REALITY THE GP 

brainmaniac

The GP doesn’t really look at artists lovingly as legends unless they’re like The Beatles or Elvis

They do think many artists are jokes like Britney Spears or Justin Bieber, but I don’t think that label necessarily or completely applies to Madonna either 

Madonna’s reputation has been more or less the same for most of her career

They still think of a provocative sexual trouble maker. She’s definitely gained a bit more respect for her longevity though and her reputation is definitely above many of her peers and much less polarizing than say Michael Jackson, where many people believe he is a pedophile 

Beautiful Garbage

People will start worshiping her once she's dead and gone, just like they do with almost everybody else (i.e. "peado" Michael Jackson or junkie Amy Winehouse).

Some already recognize her as a trailblazer in pop music, especially when it comes to females. However all her life she's been pictured as a try hard by people who are less acquainted with the music she is but is aware of the image she portrays. 

All in all, I'd say most people respect her despite her current misses. 

Iaintsorry

She’s polarizing for sure, but I’d say she’s still respected by the majority. 
She’s like MJ, where half respect her legacy and the other half question her behaviour.

• #FreeBritney Activist
Erreur2 La Nature

I know some people that dislike Madonna but no one disrespects her. 

kudmips7890
19 hours ago, Jjang said:

GP respect comes and goes. They hated MJ, they loved MJ. They hated Amy, they loved Amy. They hated Elvis, they loved Elvis. They hated Whitney, they loved Whitney. They even managed to love your precious Gaga again, remember? 

It's clear that the GP is easily swayed by Pop culture momentums, but rest assured, with someone like Madonna, who is the most critically acclaimed female artist of all time, a rock n roll hall of fame inductee and carries an unmatched legacy, it's hard to bet against her long term :)

This (excluding that weird Gaga jab). Are that many ATRL users unaware of this woman's 30+ year legacy? She'll be fine. For everyone outside of the ATRL bubble Madonna's name evokes her pop culture legacy and classics. Of course they respect her...unless what you're equating respect with how much she's mentioned nowadays. 

*insert that video of Naomi Campbell "I have my career. You want what I have."*

19 hours ago, BrooklynBoy said:

She never got as much RESPECT from the GO as the artists that were mentioned.

Whitney's respect dwindled down in the late 90s til the early 2010s.

StrangerInTheDark
25 minutes ago, Iaintsorry said:

She’s polarizing for sure, but I’d say she’s still respected by the majority. 
She’s like MJ, where half respect her legacy and the other half question her behaviour.

But that's quiet insulting to Madonna, like what has she even done to be compared to him IN THAT WAY? And the sad truth is that even fter she is gone, she won't be as elevated and untouchable as he is now.

10 hours ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

Mariah was even in worse situation and not only she managed to turn things around, regain respect she also has so mich positive buzz around her in GP,

:lmao:

6 hours ago, KillingYourCareer said:

t's asking whether she's respected by the GP.

You and the rest of ATRL don't speak for the GP and you guys don't know what the general public even thinks.

How would you guys even know what over 300 million people think of ONE person?

:psyduck: