Jump to content

Is Madonna respected by the GP or they see her as a joke?


Is Madonna respected?  

190 members have voted

  1. 1. Is Madonna respected?

    • No at all.
      60
    • Not as her peers are.
      49
    • Yes, they love her.
      76


Recommended Posts

StrangerInTheDark
10 minutes ago, tellem said:

A bit of a joke yes. I think she needs to avoid events like award shows for one entire year, MAYBE just appearing at the MET Gala if she brings her absolute best. 

 

I agree. But then again she was hardly anywhere. It just happened that everytime she was on TV she was panned. It's not award shows. It's her.

 

How do you expect her to fix her image and clean her reputation if she is not visible to GP? By uploading single remixes on Spotify?

 

She's at the point of no return. 

 

Just to think that 4-5 years ago Mariah was even in worse situation and not only she managed to turn things around, regain respect she also has so mich positive buzz around her in GP, and you can tell, she loves every second of it. She enjoys her legacy years.

 

Madonna is so stubborn that she would rather destroy everything than admit that she is wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • StrangerInTheDark

    18

  • Jjang

    13

  • Earth Ripper

    8

  • C.Damen

    6

StrangerInTheDark
14 minutes ago, tellem said:

A bit of a joke yes. I think she needs to avoid events like award shows for one entire year, MAYBE just appearing at the MET Gala if she brings her absolute best. 

 

I agree. But then again she was hardly anywhere. It just happened that everytime she was on TV she was panned. It's not award shows. It's her.

 

How do you expect her to fix her image and clean her reputation if she is not visible to GP? By uploading single remixes on Spotify?

 

She's at the point of no return. 

 

Just to think that 4-5 years ago Mariah was even in worse situation and not only she managed to turn things around, regain respect she also has so mich positive buzz around her in GP, and you can tell, she loves every second of it. She enjoys her legacy years.

 

Madonna is so stubborn that she would rather destroy everything than admit that she is wrong.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Earth Ripper
14 minutes ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

Actually it's the opposite. Last few years were horrible and career low for her. 

 

Pose and Drag Race have same target as her fanbase.

 

Last time she actually had some kind of positive buzz was in 2015 when she fell. Even if we only focus on her work, do you remember Medellin premiere? Audio had almost as much as dislikes as likes, on her IG there were only NEGATIVE comments posted to the point where Mirwais had to justify himself. She cemented herself and her status with that Eurovision performance and she will never be able to recover from it. MXT already struggled to sell out. And a lot of stans hated the tour and her attitude on it (talking about politics for 45 minutrs on stage is sure not what GP respects). In 2010s she only had touring reputation left, but even that is gone now.

 

Fan made videos on youtube are not indicator of anything.

 

Her movie will be final nail. You seriously think biopic DIRECTED and WRITTEN by Madonna about Madonna will do anything positive for her? Critics are already ready to destroy it and her. There is no positive buzz around her to make movie work. She will be seen as egomaniac.

 

Automatic hostility against her is at its peak.

Career low? Hostility at its peak? You must not know much about her career :deadbanana:

 

I'm seeing a lot of fake facts here. Medellín backlash is super exaggerated, her tour did not struggle to sell out, her stans supposedly hating on the tour is completely irrelevant to this subject, she didn't talk about politics on stage for 45 minutes and did not receive GP backlash for it (quite the contrary), and since it's a theater tour her status as a touring monster hasn't been affected by it (hence no negative media coverage of her numbers).

 

Also, these are not fanmade videos, you clearly didn't read what I was saying carefully. The biopic doesns't have positive buzz? Again: pay attention.

 

Her current rep can be interpreted in multiple ways, yes, and the Eurovision thing was a disaster (one that's not referenced a lot anymore though, that joke has passed) but there's no clear indicators that there's a culture of hostility against her. Even stuff like her BIM performance on Fallon is getting tons of views and mainstream praise when people couldn't make enough fun of it when it aired (just look at the comment section). I think you're exaggerating a ton.

Edited by Earth Ripper
Link to post
Share on other sites
StrangerInTheDark
3 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

Career low? Hostility at its peak? You must not know much about her career :deadbanana:

 

I'm seeing a lot of fake facts here. Medellín backlash is super exaggerated, her tour did not struggle to sell out, her stans supposedly hating on the tour is completely irrelevant to this subject, she didn't talk about politics on stage for 45 minutes and did not receive GP backlash for it (quite the contrary), and since it's a theater tour her status as a touring monster hasn't been affected by it (hence no negative media coverage of her numbers).

 

Also, these are not fanmade videos, you clearly didn't read what I was saying carefully. The biopic doesns't have positive buzz? Again: pay attention.

 

Her current rep can be interpreted in multiple ways, yes, and the Eurovision thing was a disaster (one that's not referenced a lot anymore though, that joke has passed) but there's no clear indicators that there's a culture of hostility against her. Even stuff like her BIM performance on Fallon is getting tons of views and mainstream praise when people couldn't make enough of it when it aired (just look at the comment section). I think you're exaggerating a ton.

I am 100% sure you're the only person thinking that. Like, imagine saying in 2021 that Madonna has a lot of positive buzz and no negativity at all :deadbanana2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

Career low? Hostility at its peak? You must not know much about her career :deadbanana:

he's a hater who's in need of attention.

me thinks it's kinda cute. :fan:

 

OT

love the poll results hihi

Link to post
Share on other sites

her old music is loved and respected but Madonna as a person (meaning her life choices, personality and talent) is definitely not respected 

Edited by Kimi
Link to post
Share on other sites
allforyou
8 minutes ago, Kimi said:

her old music is loved and respected but Madonna as a person (meaning her life choices, personality and talent) is definitely not respected 

:cm: People laugh at her IG posts and other headlines in the media but they will still listen to her clasics like La Isla Bonita etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
Earth Ripper
1 hour ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

I am 100% sure you're the only person thinking that. Like, imagine saying in 2021 that Madonna has a lot of positive buzz and no negativity at all :deadbanana2:

Not what I said. Annoying convo. Moving on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
aesthetic bih

GP will love her again if she releases ROL 2.0. :gaycat1:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

 Pose and Drag Race have same target as her fanbase.

What... 

 

Pose and Drag Race have a huge young following. Gay and straight. Heck, even TikTok videos of Pose scenes get millions of likes. We no longer live in the 90's where gay media is basically a small cult :rip:It's 2021, sis. These shows are consumed by the mainstream masses. OR unless it doesn't count in your book if it doesn't impact the average Football watching macho that never liked Madonna in the first place? 

 

 

 

All comments from the past couple of months for this 1990 performance: 

 

Quote

She was really doing a full drag queen performance in front of the straights in the 80s lol 

 

-10,000+ likes

 

 

Quote

Madonna had gays on stage with her at a time when she was the biggest star in the world, and when most gay men had a stigma against them that was further exacerbated by the AIDS epidemic. That's a true ally, and I cannot express how much I love Madonna. She should be respected and admired for everything that she has done.

 

-4,000 + likes

 

 

 

Quote

This performance is so iconic that no one has ever complained this was lipsynced so unapologetically she didn't even wore a mic.

- 5,000 + likes

 

 

Quote

 

The reason Madonna is lip-syncing without a mic, is because she is putting on a drag show, as a fabulous queen (Marie Antoinette), to pay respect to the drag queens and gays in the black NY ball scene.  (drag queens don't use microphones)  She learned everything about "Voguing" from them, and she was very into the scene.  She was representing them... and she brought it.

 

- 2,000 + likes 

 

Quote

 

Producer: How iconic do you want this to be? Madonna: Yes.

 

- 3,000 + likes 

 

Quote

 

Remember when the MTV Awards used to be this interesting?

 

- 7,500 + likes 

 

 

Material Girl went viral on tiktok last year and is approaching 200 million streams on Spotify alone. Hung Up / Don't Stop Now also went viral and Hung Up became her biggest daily gainer on Spotify (350k+ streams on NYE), almost triple of last year's. 

 

How is that not good will in comparison to her situation in 2014/2015? :deadbanana4:

 

 

 

Edited by Jjang
added something and removed smt
Link to post
Share on other sites
GreatestLoveofAll
11 hours ago, Cute said:

i think the GP respects her for her achievements and trailblazing careers but drag her for her interactions with celebs/how she raises her children, so them seeing her as a joke doesnt have to do with her music but her personality 

Yeah i think this is the best answer and tbh that's what will last when its all said and done so it really just is what it is for now cause people will always have opinions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
StrangerInTheDark
7 minutes ago, Jjang said:

So obviously the "hate tide" is not as evident as before and it's shifting. Whether you, as an obsessed hybrid of hater/stan, don't like to see it. 

 

 

I'm sorry but are you writing this from parallel universe where that is actually happening? Because everyone knows it's not happening on Earth.

 

I would've understand this fan fiction if we were still in 2017/18, but ever since Madame X era and after, how can you even submit reply believing that, it's beyond me...

 

Trust me, I would've been over the moon if that was true, but it's simply not, and it's not changing. Like, ever. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
KillingYourCareer

This thread shows how out of touch with reality many of you guys are. It's asking whether she's respected by the GP. It's not about the quality of her music (Madame X was a solid record, but not many people check out her latest project), it's about her all around persona... which clearly isn't respected and widely considered cringeworthy, tryhard and attention seeking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StrangerInTheDark said:

I'm sorry but are you writing this from parallel universe where that is actually happening? Because everyone knows it's not happening on Earth.

The same earth where her streams tripled in the last 2 years. :heart:

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

This thread shows how out of touch with reality many of you guys are. It's asking whether she's respected by the GP. It's not about the quality of her music (Madame X was a solid record, but not many people check out her latest project), it's about her all around persona... which clearly isn't respected and widely considered cringeworthy, tryhard and attention seeking.

But you will argue that they love Mariah, no? Then why don't they buy her tickets, let alone spend $400 on average on them like they did with Madonna? Why doesn't she have multiple 1m+ liked posts on Instagram like Madge despite being a Gen Z darling? Why did her "I made it without social media" Tweet get more likes (across all social media platforms, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) than any Mariah tweet this year sans the Ariana/Christmas one? Genuine questions. No shade to Mariah so let's not even approach this as a stan war. 

 

Has Madonna done a lot of cringey stuff? Yes. Has she ****ed up so so many times? Absolutely. Is her reputation in a good place? Also no. 

 

But stop acting like it's a black and white topic when we're talking about Madonna here. She is never going to be a Gee Pee darling, but simultaneously she will also never be the mere joke ATRL wants to paint her to be. 

Edited by Jjang
changed got to get thanks
Link to post
Share on other sites
bestfiction
8 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

This thread shows how out of touch with reality many of you guys are. It's asking whether she's respected by the GP. It's not about the quality of her music (Madame X was a solid record, but not many people check out her latest project), it's about her all around persona... which clearly isn't respected and widely considered cringeworthy, tryhard and attention seeking.

This kinda makes you wonder if her ~personality~ has ever been respected if so. Cause she's been perceived as attention ***** since the day 1. Kinda makes the whole thread pointless

Link to post
Share on other sites
KillingYourCareer
Just now, Jjang said:

But you will argue that they love Mariah, no? Then why don't they buy her tickets, let alone spend $400 on average on them like they did with Madonna? Why doesn't she have multiple 1m+ liked posts on Instagram like Madge despite being a Gen Z darling? Why did her "I made it without social media" Tweet got more likes (across all social media platforms, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) than any Mariah tweet this year sans the Ariana/Christmas one? Genuine questions. No shade to Mariah so let's not even approach this as a stan war. 

 

Has Madonna done a lot of cringey stuff? Yes. Has she ****ed up so so many times? Absolutely. Is her reputation in a good place? Also no. 

 

But stop acting like it's a black and white topic when we're talking about Madonna here. She is never going to be a Gee Pee darling, but simultaneously she will also never be the mere joke ATRL wants to paint her to be. 

I mean, here where she's still famous she is seen as a joke by the most. All that she has left is an aging but faithful fanbase that'll allow her to have decent stats, but ask anyone else and they won't have much positive to say about her.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Brinny Baby
12 hours ago, wanderlust said:

what else do you need?

the raves about LAP? the quotes from rolling stone calling BAT the best tour of the decade? or the untouchable praise and madness during ROL-Music. (or Evita-Confessions if you count Europe and latin america) You're really trying to tell me britney got this type of respect for her artistry? :ace: 

Why are you bringing up publications when the question at hand is about the public?

Link to post
Share on other sites
KillingYourCareer
2 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

This kinda makes you wonder if her ~personality~ has ever been respected if so. Cause she's been perceived as attention ***** since the day 1. Kinda makes the whole thread pointless

But back in the 80s her persona was considered super cool, now it's quite the opposite.

Link to post
Share on other sites
bestfiction
Just now, KillingYourCareer said:

But back in the 80s her persona was considered super cool, now it's quite the opposite.

Well lots of things were cool back then. and she was still causing controversies on a consistent basis, the media tried to write her off but I guess her popularity was enough to overcome these obstacles. Ofc now it's not the case cause no one is gonna play pop music made by a 60 year old lady. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KillingYourCareer said:

I mean, here where she's still famous she is seen as a joke by the most. All that she has left is an aging but faithful fanbase that'll allow her to have decent stats, but ask anyone else and they won't have much positive to say about her.

"ask anyone" is not an argument, but ok, I will. I just asked 3 different people (19, 22, 22) and I will report back. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quiqui4eva
13 hours ago, Don't Stop Me Now said:

She’s not respected as a person, but her artistry and musical contributions will always have respect.

This

Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't think people really care about her anymore after half time show but the gp still knows her legacy very well.

Edited by unino
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KillingYourCareer said:

I mean, here where she's still famous she is seen as a joke by the most. All that she has left is an aging but faithful fanbase that'll allow her to have decent stats, but ask anyone else and they won't have much positive to say about her.

Ok so person 1 (22) answered, we're awaiting 2 more (19, 22) :coffee:

 

QvRqNNR.jpg

 

 

 

Edited by Jjang
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...