Why is ATRL so determined to deny MR is a hit?

biblicalmonster

• #FreeBritney Activist
Erreur2 La Nature
22 minutes ago, biblicalmonster said:

Why was it consumed by 3 million people in the US though? :ryan2:

I think it outsold some #1s by a another blonde pop star that spent 5 weeks/11 weeks inside the top 10. :skull:

You opened a thread to have a discussion and there you are posting flamebait comments on artists you hate simply because people disagree with you. That doesn’t sound very mature and won’t help you convince anyone, biblicalmonster. 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• biblicalmonster

• Hot Volcano

• Earth Ripper

• hungrymuffin

DELE2125
5 minutes ago, biblicalmonster said:

LOTB was released before MR. MR outsold Bodak Yellow in the US (if we're sticking to digital copies). In fact, MR outdid all the other singles in US downloads except Havana, but as I specified in the OP,  no female solo song post MR reached higher pure units than it in the United States. :siptea:

Are you saying that MR selling 150k more than other songs that had less discounts and less promo and that were released in WORSE sales climate is impressive? :toofunny2: A song released in 2018 and afterwards selling 1M pure IS impressive. Not to mention that all those songs OBLITERATE MR in the streaming department...

unclefloprry
9 minutes ago, biblicalmonster said:

LOTB was released before MR. MR outsold Bodak Yellow in the US (if we're sticking to digital copies). In fact, MR outdid all the other singles in US downloads except Havana, but as I specified in the OP,  no female solo song post MR reached higher pure units than it in the United States. :siptea:

with discount... wbk 

KillingYourCareer

The proof of this claim is the year-end chart, but honestly, a 3x Platinum song is a HIT.

biblicalmonster
1 hour ago, naval23 said:

It didn't make the year-end chart and only spent 1 week in the top 10 (and 2 weeks in the top 20?)

It's still impressive it sold 1M+ pure and is 3x platinum, but it's chart run kind of told a different story. But if "Chained to the Rhythm" was a hit, then "Million Reasons" was definitely a hit, it all depends what you consider a "hit".

Totally. I always love your posts!

Baby Boy
12 minutes ago, perfillusion said:

ATRL considers Britney's bombs that peaked outside the Top 20 "hits" so you can't take this forum's opinion on what constitutes a hit seriously :rip:

Funny enough, I came here to say that it’s most likely downplayed because of how often Liddos do it to every other pop girl whose singles might not have perfect chart runs, peaks etc. 

OT: MR’s overall push/promo/discounts to actual chart run ratio is embarrassing but it’s neither a flop or a hit. It’s just a Lady Gaga single. 

Hi_im_new

Award show & late night performances, radio interviews, non stop discounts and to top it off, a performance in front of 100+ million people and the song is only f’n 3x platinum. 

There are so many random songs by lesser known artist that got bigger single certifications that year. The song is not a hit by any stretch of the word.

biblicalmonster
16 minutes ago, Jooj said:

It's a hit in my book but remember Superbowl pretty much saved it :cupid:

Anyways it's not as big as Malibu, CTTR, Delicate, and other hits from its time when it comes to overall SPS. Plus it flopped anywhere else outside the US.

Actually, MR outsold all three on a worldwide scale too according to ChartMasters. Malibu, CTTR, Delicate. 

Look it up:

Million Reasons: 5,541,133

Malibu: 5,221,653

CTTR: 4,602,100

Do you have any other questions, dear?

biblicalmonster
17 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

You opened a thread to have a discussion and there you are posting flamebait comments on artists you hate simply because people disagree with you. That doesn’t sound very mature and won’t help you convince anyone, biblicalmonster. 

I'm just curious why do you think Million Reasons isn't a hit. Present well-founded arguments perhaps? I don't know. You seem to have high standards regarding HITS. :deadbanana:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, alejandreaux said:

monsters want people to think it’s a smash. OGHs want people to think it’s a bomb. I feel like most other people can acknowledge that it’s somewhere in the middle: a solo ballad that became a cute lil AC hit from her Super Bowl performance and has had some good recurrent streams due to it being used on talent competitions and such. nothing to brag about necessarily but it was still successful for what it was and has maintained a presence on streaming and otherwise that shouldn’t be overlooked either.

Between the pressed OGHs and some of the more insufferable liddos, it's nice to see some logic and tea in here. 

biblicalmonster
2 minutes ago, Juanny said:

Between the pressed OGHs and some of the more insufferable liddos, it's nice to see some logic and tea in here. 

I hope I don't belong to that insufferable category. :noparty:

Badboidami
1 hour ago, ineedboxinggloves said:

Bitch Better Have My Money is 2x Platinum 

Million Reasons is 3x Platinum

5-C80-D18-E-656-D-4-C31-8-DCD-58665333-E

No little monster said this is one of the biggest songs from our last gen mgps last 5 years either. 

We think it's a moderate hit at best, delusional OGH

RIHANNA    BITCH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY    2X PLATINUM    July 25, 2016

LADY GAGA    MILLION REASONS    3X PLATINUM    March 27, 2020

Wait until it gets updated.

Million Reasons did horribly despite the extensive promo. You could see the song everywhere yet look at its poor Billboard run and shoved down GP's throat numbers.

Badboidami
44 minutes ago, biblicalmonster said:

LOTB was released before MR. MR outsold Bodak Yellow in the US (if we're sticking to digital copies).

Totally irrelevant. Welcome to the streaming era. Bodak did over 10M SPS in the US.

Hvl4Bhl.png

biblicalmonster
4 minutes ago, Badboidami said:

Totally irrelevant. Welcome to the streaming era. Bodak did over 10M SPS in the US.

Hvl4Bhl.png

Completely irrelevant answer to my post. I don't know what you're trying to prove with this, but I was only responding to the person who quoted me. No female solo song post MR's release has managed to outsell it in US downloads.

teresaguidice

i don't know but it's a really bad song either way. perfect illusion should've gotten the super bowl bump :allears:

istan4badgalriri

It has the numbers of a moderate hit, but was promoted absolutely everywhere, in such ways that you would think it was the biggest hit of 2016-17, thus making its numbers look disappointing and underwhelming.

Nene Leakes Cheers GIF by Bravo TV

istan4badgalriri
1 hour ago, ineedboxinggloves said:

Bitch Better Have My Money is 2x Platinum 

Million Reasons is 3x Platinum

No little monster said this is one of the biggest songs from our last gen mgps last 5 years either. 

We think it's a moderate hit at best, delusional OGH

Bitch Better Have My Money is eligible for 4x Platinum.

OT: Because it was one of the most promoted songs of the past decade.

DirtyPony87

People being so intentionally dense in here. 💀 

One shouldn’t conflate a song single metric to determine if it’s a hit. “Well, if x song has same amount of streams as y song, then x and y both hits.” No that’s not how it works. There’s various metrics to determine if a song is a hit. Especially for artists who perform significantly better in some metrics than others. I think if you can point to moderate to great success in a few metrics, then that song could arguably be a hit. It’s mentally exhausting and mind-numbing to see people throw random songs around with x amount of streams as if that’s the only metric to be considered in this conversation. Those other songs aren’t hits, and you know they aren’t; stop being deliberately obtuse to fit your narrative.

4 hours ago, biblicalmonster said:

Actually, MR outsold all three on a worldwide scale too according to ChartMasters. Malibu, CTTR, Delicate. 

Look it up:

Million Reasons: 5,541,133

Malibu: 5,221,653

CTTR: 4,602,100

Do you have any other questions, dear?

Those seem outdaded. Plus i've seen somewhere Chained is around 6M SPS.

But thank goodness i never denied MR was a hit so those stats were brought to back up my claims instead of deny them :clap3:

biblicalmonster
2 hours ago, Jooj said:

Those seem outdaded. Plus i've seen somewhere Chained is around 6M SPS.

But thank goodness i never denied MR was a hit so those stats were brought to back up my claims instead of deny them :clap3:

MR outsold both...

Hot Volcano
6 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

It has the numbers of a moderate hit, but was promoted absolutely everywhere, in such ways that you would think it was the biggest hit of 2016-17, thus making its numbers look disappointing and underwhelming.

It gained 90% of it's streaming numbers AFTER all that promo, meaning it was natural with a ton of longevity.

biblicalmonster
1 minute ago, Hot Volcano said:

It gained 90% of it's streaming numbers AFTER all that promo, meaning it was natural with a ton of longevity.

Your profile pic i-

2 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

Wait but who’s in your avi 

aesthetic bih

MR is a hit to me. I mean 3x Platinum and almost 500M streams on Spotify alone sounds like one to me. Its chart run is ugly but that shouldn't dictate the fate of the song in the end on whether it will be remembered or not. :michael:

10 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

exactly.

it's a FLOP. With all that money and promotion being put into MR the GP still said no. 

If it weren't for the SB it would have peaked at #52 :skull: