Why is ATRL so determined to deny MR is a hit?

biblicalmonster

because it's a corny ass sing that tarnished her reputation and don't even deserve to be mentioned, liddos should open their eyes/ears

5-C80-D18-E-656-D-4-C31-8-DCD-58665333-E

Edited by TipToe
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• biblicalmonster

• Hot Volcano

• Earth Ripper

• istan4badgalriri

Earth Ripper
1 minute ago, biblicalmonster said:

Sorry but even ChartMasters seems to support my opinion. It was a song accompanied by substantial NUMBES, in other words SUCCESS. There... it is... a hit...

'but its follow up Million Reasons did well enough by 2016 standards, at 1.72 million units sold."

'Impressively, Million Reasons climbed all the way to #5 among her top streaming hits. Of course, the market was healthier, but with the strong ongoing streams of her catalog hits, plus its own soft start, it was hard to expect such a nice conclusion.'

Singles CSPC results

14. 2016 – Lady Gaga  Million Reasons [Joanne]  1,400,000

But that's the point: it did surprisingly well compared to her recent releases. It was a while since a Gaga song broke into the mainstream bubble, which is why it became her new signature song and people generally knew about its existence. It's outside of that Gaga specific context where it's just not impressive enough to be considered a hit, imo :huh:

24 minutes ago, alejandreaux said:

monsters want people to think it’s a smash. OGHs want people to think it’s a bomb

23 minutes ago, IAMDOM said:

MR wasn’t a hit, it was a SMASH hit 

15 minutes ago, Badboidami said:

This tells me enough.

76 - 57 - 57 - 96 - 52 - 62 - 70 - 83 - 86 - 96 - OUT - 97 - OUT - 4 (Super Bowl) - 18 - 30 - 30 -29 - 38 - 46 - 37 - 41 - OUT *20 weeks*

Literally the Super Bowl effect

1 week in the Top 10/Top20

It spent most of its time Outside of the Top50 than inside it

It wasn't a natural hit at least :rip:

6 minutes ago, ineedboxinggloves said:

Bitch Better Have My Money is 2x Platinum 

Million Reasons is 3x Platinum

BBHMM last certification update was 4.5 years ago while MR's last update was like ~10 months ago. It's 3x Platinum eligible by now.

6 minutes ago, ineedboxinggloves said:

No little monster said this is one of the biggest songs from our last gen mgps last 5 years either. 

We think it's a moderate hit at best, delusional OGH

26 minutes ago, IAMDOM said:

one of the biggest solo songs from our last gen mpg’s last 5 years

tenor.gif?itemid=4200996

Edited by Fnooky
biblicalmonster
6 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

There is not a single fanbase but Monsters that thinks MR was a hit song. If it only was from a few haters that’d be laughable but... it was not a hit for anyone.

It did horrible everywhere. It did good in Italy and moderate in the US after being one of the most forced single. At the end of the day; it peaked high after the SB, but that’s it. 

Why was it consumed by 3 million people in the US though? :ryan2:

I think it outsold some #1s by a another blonde pop star that spent 5 weeks/11 weeks inside the top 10. :skull:

Peroxide
28 minutes ago, alejandreaux said:

monsters want people to think it’s a smash. OGHs want people to think it’s a bomb. I feel like most other people can acknowledge that it’s somewhere in the middle: a solo ballad that became a cute lil AC hit from her Super Bowl performance and has had some good recurrent streams due to it being used on talent competitions and such. nothing to brag about necessarily but it was still successful for what it was and has maintained a presence on streaming and otherwise that shouldn’t be overlooked either.

... seconded

37 minutes ago, Konan said:

Hot 100:

#76 - / - #57 - #57 - #96 - / - #52 - #62 - #70 - #83 - #86 - #96 - / - #97 - / - #4 - #18 - #30 - #30 - #29 - #38 - #46 - #37 - #41 - /

:bibliahh:

OT: Because it was OUT everywhere until 1 week of the Superbowl.

ineedboxinggloves
5 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

US: #4 (1 week at top 10)
-----------------------

CAN: #16

FR: #29

AUS: #34

UK: #39

GER: #85

IRL: #88

Welp not only ATRL say that. :coffee2:

OGH's literally said peaks are irrelevant when ROM had high peaks and now that she has low peak's they're suddenly important now :ahh:

500M streams WW 

3x Platinum in US

3x Platinum in Italy

2x Platinum in Poland 

2x Platinum in Brazil

1x Platinum in Australia 

1x Platinum in Norway

and multiple gold certifications world world. 

"Welp not only ATRl says that":ahh:

fentypark

bc the monsters gas it and it's little #4 hot100 peak (#thankyoupepsisuperbow) but neglect to say it free fell afterwards..

anyways.. the true HITS from 2016 are AT LEAST 5x platinum.. and that's without the superbowl 

Queenyoncee
41 minutes ago, Konan said:

Hot 100:

#76 - / - #57 - #57 - #96 - / - #52 - #62 - #70 - #83 - #86 - #96 - / - #97 - / - #4 - #18 - #30 - #30 - #29 - #38 - #46 - #37 - #41 - /

:rip:

biblicalmonster
3 minutes ago, Twilish said:

If MR is a hit then so is NRO 

Trisha Paytas Is Dancing Nonstop GIF - TrishaPaytasIsDancingNonstop GIFs

Million Reasons sold 1,1m downloads in the US, NRO below 200k. Both Million Reasons and Never Really Over are getting the same amount of daily streams on Spotify and MR is ahead, so NRO won't probably ever surpass. Million Reasons has 350M+ combined views on YouTube, NRO 136M. 

Plus, MR is attached to an album that sold 1,3M pure sales... NRO is attached to... Daisies :skull:

Therefore they aren't on the same boat, but I'd say NRO is a tiny hit? I actually don't know. 

ineedboxinggloves
3 minutes ago, Fnooky said:

BBHMM last certification update was 4.5 years ago while MR's last update was like ~10 months ago. It's 3x Platinum eligible by now.

tenor.gif?itemid=4200996

I didn't see his comment:skull: Still kind of true tho

Idk what monsters said B!tch Better Have My Money is a flop, but clearly it isn't! I was just providing stats to show BBHMM isn't bigger than MR

DELE2125

The LIES in the OP... MR is not the last female song to sell 1M pure in the US :toofunny2: “Love On The Brain” released around the same time sold over 1M pure, “Bodak Yellow” released in 2017 also did it, “Look What You Made Me Do” released in 2017 as well, “Havana” also from 2017 did it, “You Say” from 2018 by Lauren Daigle did it too, “Without Me” by Halsey as well...

Anyways, MR is not a hit and never will be. Stop trying to push that narrative. It didn’t even chart in the year end charts. I mean...

5 minutes ago, biblicalmonster said:

Million Reasons sold 1,1m downloads in the US, NRO below 200k. Both Million Reasons and Never Really Over are getting the same amount of daily streams on Spotify and MR is ahead, so NRO won't probably ever surpass. Million Reasons has 350M+ combined views on YouTube, NRO 136M. 

Plus, MR is attached to an album that sold 1,3M pure sales... NRO is attached to... Daisies :skull:

Therefore they aren't on the same boat, but I'd say NRO is a tiny hit? I actually don't know. 

this paragraph and yet my point still stands. Interesting 

Trisha Paytas Is Dancing Nonstop GIF - TrishaPaytasIsDancingNonstop GIFs

AidanUnderYou

ATRL moves the goalposts each time :rip: It gets more recurrent Spotify streams than numerous hits that were bigger on the charts of its time. I don’t know how anyone can try and deny that this 3x platinum song is a hit. And people that are like “b-b-but discounts!!” as if anyone held a gun to the purchasers head and forced them to buy it for a marginally cheaper than full price song. If they didn’t want the song they wouldn’t buy it.

Also it’s funny how to ATRL longevity is more important than quick peaks and here is a song that’s recurrent Spotify streams are way more impressive than its chart run (even though it still went top 5) but suddenly that’s not important anymore. Make up your mind.

DELE2125
39 minutes ago, biblicalmonster said:

Hot 100 doesn't provide the whole consumption of a song.

Million Reasons keeps getting 200k+ daily streams on Spotify, it outsold songs that made it into your beloved year-end chart, such as CTTR, Praying, Malibu, What About Us, Delicate, Water Under The Bridge, Sorry, et cetera.

So this clearly shows that charts don't show the reality :sorry:

Are you REALLY comparing Million Reasons to Water Under The Bridge??? :deadbanana2:First of all, WUTB was the FOURTH single from an album that sold 9.6 M pure copies :ace: Second of all, WUTB was never discounted, not even once and still sold around 600k pure sales. Thirdly, it didn’t even have a music or lyrics video and Adele only performed it once on live TV during “25” release week. How many times was MR promoted and how many weeks was it discounted? How much did Joanne sold? :rip:

The song was performed in

- The Dive Bar Tour

- Saturday Night Live

- Japanese show SMAPxSMAP

- American Music Awards

- The Ali Forney LGBT Community Centre

- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

- Carpool Karaoke

- London's Shepherd's Bush Westfield Shopping Center

- The X-Factor UK

- The Royal Variety Performance show

- Alan Carr's Happy Hour

- Super Bowl Halftime Show

- The Joanne World Tour

And it reached the Top 5 in

- USA

- New Zealand

More power to Gags for trying so hard to make it happen but it's a local moderate hit at best and it didn't even make the Top 100 in the USA Year-End chart.

I'm convinced Monsters cling to this AWFUL song just because it's the only "hit" from the 2014-2017 chart drought but she has done so much better since then that there's no need to pretend this is top tier Gaga :rip:

It's a hit in my book but remember Superbowl pretty much saved it :cupid:

Anyways it's not as big as Malibu, CTTR, Delicate, and other hits from its time when it comes to overall SPS. Plus it flopped anywhere else outside the US.

perfillusion

ATRL considers Britney's bombs that peaked outside the Top 20 "hits" so you can't take this forum's opinion on what constitutes a hit seriously :rip:

54 minutes ago, Yanko said:

Atrl downplays everything that has to do with gaga. This isnt anything new. 

This. 

biblicalmonster
6 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

The LIES in the OP... MR is not the last female song to sell 1M pure in the US :toofunny2: “Love On The Brain” released around the same time sold over 1M pure, “Bodak Yellow” released in 2017 also did it, “Look What You Made Me Do” released in 2017 as well, “Havana” also from 2017 did it, “You Say” from 2018 by Lauren Daigle did it too, “Without Me” by Halsey as well...

Anyways, MR is not a hit and never will be. Stop trying to push that narrative. It didn’t even chart in the year end charts. I mean...

LOTB was released before MR. MR outsold Bodak Yellow in the US (if we're sticking to digital copies). In fact, MR outdid all the other singles in US downloads except Havana, but as I specified in the OP,  no female solo song post MR reached higher pure units than it in the United States. :siptea: