Why is ATRL so determined to deny MR is a hit?

biblicalmonster

6 minutes ago, Konan said:

Hot 100:

#76 - / - #57 - #57 - #96 - / - #52 - #62 - #70 - #83 - #86 - #96 - / - #97 - / - #4 - #18 - #30 - #30 - #29 - #38 - #46 - #37 - #41 - /

3 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

:rip: 

2 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

:bibliahh:

Lovely by Billie Eilish peak: #64

Youtube: +1 billion views 

Spotify: +1 billion streams

ITs not a hit :juanny::juanny::juanny:

:rofl::dies:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• biblicalmonster

• Hot Volcano

• Earth Ripper

• istan4badgalriri

monster_enriquer
4 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

A Thousand Years by Christina Perri peaked at #31 and spent only 26 weeks on the Hot 100, it is certified 9x Platinum, according to this logic it wasn't a hit? :ahh:

500m streams on Spotify without ever being on TTH or any major playlist, you can't discount streams, SUFFER! :ahh:

Get her!

MR wasn’t a hit, it was a SMASH hit and that’s why its success gets shunned on here. It’ll be 4,5x platinum here in a few years too :WAP: one of the biggest solo songs from our last gen mpg’s last 5 years

suburbannature
1 minute ago, Hot Volcano said:

the point is, both songs didn't have a good chart-run, meaning chart-run doesn't mean much when certain songs have longevity and become hits over time.

don't make me pull out chart-runs of some Mariah #1 singles

ASfjOdN.thumb.gif.0b81819d7f33b4314c3b2b

Mariah has more weeks at #1 than any other artist and by a margin of about half a year. 17/19 are multi-week #1s. Stay on topic.

would this forum even still be up if there wasn't people trying to diminish everything gaga does tbh

TheFameMonster
1 minute ago, Sugden said:

would this forum even still be up if there wasn't people trying to diminish everything gaga does tbh

:cm:

Badboidami

This tells me enough.

76 - 57 - 57 - 96 - 52 - 62 - 70 - 83 - 86 - 96 - OUT - 97 - OUT - 4 (Super Bowl) - 18 - 30 - 30 -29 - 38 - 46 - 37 - 41 - OUT *20 weeks*

5-C80-D18-E-656-D-4-C31-8-DCD-58665333-E

Edited by Badboidami
biblicalmonster
9 minutes ago, Fnooky said:

Because it had the longest running discount on iTunes of all time

Is it a crime? :oxygen:

ineedboxinggloves
4 minutes ago, DirtyPony87 said:

It’s a hit - even if it’s just a moderate one - and it’s a remembered one. You’d have to be a fool or just deliberately obtuse to deny that. The numbers don’t lie.

3 minutes ago, alejandreaux said:

monsters want people to think it’s a smash. OGHs want people to think it’s a bomb. I feel like most other people can acknowledge that it’s somewhere in the middle: a solo ballad that became a cute lil AC hit from her Super Bowl performance and has had some good recurrent streams due to it being used on talent competitions and such. nothing to brag about necessarily but it was still successful for what it was and has maintained a presence on streaming and otherwise that shouldn’t be overlooked either.

This. A Multi-Platinum #4 peaking song with 20 week's on the billboard 100 and nearly 500M streams is average:clap3: 

14 minutes ago, Konan said:

Hot 100:

#76 - / - #57 - #57 - #96 - / - #52 - #62 - #70 - #83 - #86 - #96 - / - #97 - / - #4 - #18 - #30 - #30 - #29 - #38 - #46 - #37 - #41 - /

11 minutes ago, Fnooky said:

This :rip:

11 minutes ago, Fnooky said:

not true

also literally everyone at that time was discounted as well.

Just now, biblicalmonster said:

Is it a crime? :oxygen:

No, but it shows how forced its minimal success is.

Little Monsters call singles from other girls with similar stats bombs yet they want us to believe MR is a massive solo smash hit. :rip:

15 minutes ago, alejandreaux said:

monsters want people to think it’s a smash. OGHs want people to think it’s a bomb. I feel like most other people can acknowledge that it’s somewhere in the middle: a solo ballad that became a cute lil AC hit from her Super Bowl performance and has had some good recurrent streams due to it being used on talent competitions and such. nothing to brag about necessarily but it was still successful for what it was and has maintained a presence on streaming and otherwise that shouldn’t be overlooked either.

I love the unbias :clap3:

Edited by naval23
biblicalmonster
2 minutes ago, Badboidami said:

This tells me enough.

76 - 57 - 57 - 96 - 52 - 62 - 70 - 83 - 86 - 96 - 97 - 4 (Super Bowl) - 18 - 30 - 30 -29 - 38 - 46 - 37 - 41 - OUT *20 weeks*

It's more appropriate to take consumption units into account in determining success rather than year-end chart positions. A single such as Delicate, that was top 25 on Billboard YEC, is 2x platinum while like Paparazzi was out of the top 30 of its respective but it's certified 5x platinum there. :skull:

Hot Volcano
3 minutes ago, Fnooky said:

No, but it shows how forced its minimal success is.

Little Monsters call singles from other girls with similar stats bombs yet they want us to believe MR is a massive solo smash hit. :rip:

so people were forced to buy a discounted song? :skull:  Care to explain how come not every discounted song reaches #1 on iTunes? 

And what is minimal about it's success? A 2017 ballad selling 1.3m copies and having 500m streams on Spotify without TTH is far from "minimal"

Just give up already :dies:

Bitch Better Have My Money: 541m Spotify streams

Little Monsters: BOMBED! :bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

Million Reasons: 497m Spotify streams

Little Monsters: one of the biggest solo songs from our last gen mpg’s last 5 years :WAP:

Edited by Fnooky
Earth Ripper

It became her signature song for a few years, that's not the same as being a hit...

ineedboxinggloves
17 minutes ago, Konan said:

Hot 100:

14 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

13 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

:bibliahh:

Literally Born This Way spent 20 week's on the chart's. Rain On Me spent 20 week's on the charts. Million Reasons spent 20 week's on the charts and it peaked LOWER. This chart-run isn't horrible. 

19 minutes ago, Watson! said:

Define hit. Tell us a song that it had a similar level of success.

16 minutes ago, Fruity said:

Probably because it literally isn't one.

Isn't Love On The Brain a hit in the US? (I heard it a lot here) It's 3x Platinum and has 660M streams:michael: Million Reasons isn't as big but it's not too far considering LOTB was much larger initially.  I'm sure theres more songs you guys consider hit's that performed similar to Million Reasons :eek:

unclefloprry

US: #4 (1 week at top 10)
-----------------------

CAN: #16

FR: #29

AUS: #34

UK: #39

GER: #85

IRL: #88

Welp not only ATRL say that. :coffee2:

biblicalmonster
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

It became her signature song for a few years, that's not the same as being a hit...

Sorry but even ChartMasters seems to support my opinion. It was a song accompanied by substantial NUMBERS, in other words SUCCESS. Therefore... it is... a hit...

'but its follow up Million Reasons did well enough by 2016 standards, at 1.72 million units sold."

'Impressively, Million Reasons climbed all the way to #5 among her top streaming hits. Of course, the market was healthier, but with the strong ongoing streams of her catalog hits, plus its own soft start, it was hard to expect such a nice conclusion.'

Singles CSPC results

14. 2016 – Lady Gaga  Million Reasons [Joanne]  1,400,000

Edited by biblicalmonster
Erreur2 La Nature

There is not a single fanbase but Monsters that thinks MR was a hit song. If it only was from a few haters that’d be laughable but... it was not a hit for anyone.

It did horrible everywhere. It did good in Italy and moderate in the US after being one of the most forced single. At the end of the day; it peaked high after the SB, but that’s it. 

ineedboxinggloves
5 minutes ago, Fnooky said:

Bitch Better Have My Money: 541m Spotify streams

Little Monsters: BOMBED! :bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

Million Reasons: 497m Spotify streams

Little Monsters: one of the biggest solo songs from our last gen mpg’s last 5 years :WAP:

Bitch Better Have My Money is 2x Platinum 

Million Reasons is 3x Platinum

No little monster said this is one of the biggest songs from our last gen mgps last 5 years either. 

We think it's a moderate hit at best, delusional OGH

Erreur2 La Nature

There is not a single fanbase but Monsters that thinks MR was a hit song. If it only was from a few haters that’d be laughable but... it was not a hit for anyone.

It did horrible everywhere. It did good in Italy and moderate in the US after being one of the most forced single. At the end of the day; it peaked high after the SB, but that’s it.