Top Posters In This Topic

• Jjang

• Earth Ripper

• Sugden

• Si Hoo

1 hour ago, Earth Ripper said:

Clearly never seen a recent Ari performance :rofl:

There's plenty of them in this thread. Have fun :hug:

I watched the excuse me, i love you thing and I wasn't impressed. Sorry bout  it :rofl:

Earth Ripper
1 minute ago, Ken Lee said:

I watched the excuse me, i love you thing and I wasn't impressed. Sorry bout  it :rofl:

And this did?

If so, your opinion is objectively invalid :gaycat2:

6 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

And this did?

If so, your opinion is objectively invalid :gaycat2:

My understanding is that swt is considered Ariana's vocal peak

I don't think any LM would claim Enigma as Gaga's, so I'm not sure this is the best comparison

It's refreshing to see a show with some level of creativity though :celestial5:

Ariana has a wider range, vocal agility, more versatility, a more pleasant tone (imo), and her vocal technique and overall use of her voice has only gotten better as time has gone on. I truly don't think we've seen her vocal peak yet. People come for her enunciation and "thin" vocals because of the use of her head voice but that seems like more of a stylistic choice on her part as we've seen her perform covers and such live where her diction and resonance are quite clear. 

The only thing Gaga would beat her out in is breath control but her overall vocal technique has been on a decline recently.

Earth Ripper
2 hours ago, Ken Lee said:

I don't think any LM would claim Enigma as Gaga's, so I'm not sure this is the best comparison

What's the point of posting a bunch of years old performances to prove Gaga is (not was) a better singer than Ari though? :coffee2:

None of Gaga's recent performances can beat Ari's technically, and she's had PLENTY of opportunities. The women were side by side at the VMA's ffs. So no, your arguments still don't make sense.

2 hours ago, Ken Lee said:

It says a lot when Ariana's vocal peak is a full 2 hours show worth of stunning vocals while the only thing the monsters can come up with is a good yet flawed performance from 2015 that she trained 9 months for. Heck, Ariana's Pop show has better vocals than Gaga's Jazz show where she doesn't even sing her own songs. There's no excuse sweetie. 

kudmips7890
4 hours ago, Jjang said:

lmfao who is this dupe 

I'm the one that doesn't wait for the clock to strike the moment I'm unbanned to make an OGH thread. 

On 1/9/2021 at 12:53 PM, Jjang said:

Dated 8 year old receipt. Definitely not a  " celestial5.gif "  

LOL you're one to talk. Guess it's only "dated receipts" if it's not YOUR fave or who you hide behind. We love OGH logic! :heart:

On 1/9/2021 at 1:44 PM, R.E.M. said:

Because it's ATRL and Little Monsters refuse to admit that their fav isn't the best at something :rip: This could've been:

• Gaga vs. Bey better dancer
    • Monsters would've said: b-b-b-but Gaga!1!! and inserted a tired dance breakdown from some obscure German award show in 2009. 
  • Gaga vs. Adele bigger album sales
    • Monsters would'e said: b-b-b-but ASIB is top 40 in France 2 years later!1!!
  • Gaga vs. Taylor more acclaimed
    • Monsters would've said: bb-b-b-but the Oscar!!

I can't imagine how tiring it is to act as my fav's personal PR agent :toofunny3: Your fav doesn't need to be the best at everything, just support her music by focusing on the positive rather than arguing till you're blue in the face with homosexuals on a pop music forum.

Um...every base does this? Refuses to admit that their fave might be great at something? Will just briefly mention (so as to not go completely off topic) the discussion about the bigger "impact" between Reputation vs Bey's selftitled and there were points to be made and MANY OF THE HIVE AND SWIFTIES REFUSAL TO ADMIT FAVES MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN AS IMPACTFUL AS THEY WERE but lol sure it's just us. How about you take that advice and apply it to everyone else too? Or is it just because you have a bone to pick with the monsters?:alexz2:

On 1/8/2021 at 5:26 PM, Sugden said:

the fact the all these performances he posted as bad outsings madonna any day of her whole carrer :rip:

^It's the fact that cherry-picking and the Ronniesus behavior (the iconic "you stan zara larsson" guy on twitter lol) except with hate towards Gaga instead of Demi (and the hiding behind other arists) combined with OP's so-called "expertise" that has me baffled. Like we can also pick days where your fave wasn't the best? But I guess those would be "old receipts" or something. Idk. OP comes and guys on a ban cycle or fades into obscurity in another base so hopefully there won't be anymore of these OGH threads.

On 1/11/2021 at 11:56 AM, HauntinglyHollow said:

i love a discussion about a subject which the participants know nothing about besides their preference

^This. 

4 hours ago, Jjang said:

Oh please lol Gaga trained 9 months vocally for that one Oscar performance and she still had 2 major **** ups. There's nothing technically incredible about her. 

^Love the fact that you think you're an expertise on vocals and are knowledgeable about the intricacies behind singing. Lol. Complain harder, I guess. The 2015 Sound of Music performance is heavenly. :heart:

On 1/12/2021 at 8:36 AM, ariananext said:

the fact that ariana won in a forum ruled by monsters and OAHs swifties says a lot

^It's the fact you think there haven't been polls where Gaga has lost or monsters didn't want to engage with known trolls or just you know...didn't engage to not engage (especially with known OGHs) that says a lot about your ignorance on how this site works. I guess keep thinking these polls mean something...especially one made by a known OGH with all the other OGHs bandwagoning lol

____________________________________________________________________________________________

OT:

On 1/12/2021 at 9:21 AM, Pikachoo said:

Theyre both different styles of singers so you cant really compare.

^This. I'd also point out that I'm glad people have noticed how grating Gaga's voice can be at times. I really hope she stops doing that. 

3 hours ago, Jjang said:

It says a lot when Ariana's vocal peak is a full 2 hours show worth of stunning vocals while the only thing the monsters can come up with is a good yet flawed performance from 2015 that she trained 9 months for. Heck, Ariana's Pop show has better vocals than Gaga's Jazz show where she doesn't even sing her own songs. There's no excuse sweetie. 

I personally wouldn't select the 2015 Oscar's performance as Gaga's best

And I simply do not agree that Ariana's pop show had better vocals than Gaga's jazz show. I'm also not sure what singing one's own songs has to do with vocal quality

3 hours ago, Earth Ripper said:

What's the point of posting a bunch of years old performances to prove Gaga is (not was) a better singer than Ari though? :coffee2:

None of Gaga's recent performances can beat Ari's technically, and she's had PLENTY of opportunities. The women were side by side at the VMA's ffs. So no, your arguments still don't make sense.

I didn't post any performances so I'm not sure what to tell you there

Sure they were side by side at the VMAs but I don't think either of them fully demonstrated their vocal ability in the performance. Like Gaga literally speaks on the bridge :skull:

Regardless, we don't have to solely rely on live performances. Ariana doesn't have any vocal performances in her song catalog that match or surpass Gaga's best vocal moments (i.e. ASIB ballads)

I personally prefer Gagas tone (when she doesn't sound like a drunk old opera singer) but Ariana is obviously the better vocalist, her reach >

6 hours ago, Ken Lee said:

Regardless, we don't have to solely rely on live performances. Ariana doesn't have any vocal performances in her song catalog that match or surpass Gaga's best vocal moments (i.e. ASIB ballads)

You're joking. :deadbanana4:

brainmaniac

Gaga by far. 

Gaga can hold her own in her duets with Beyonce and Christina Aguilera, but Ariana gets eaten alive in her duets with JHUD, Jessie J, and Gaga herself 

Price of Fame

I'm glad that Ariana has actually starting focusing on technique apparently cause she was on track to start losing her voice by the time she was Gaga's age the way she sang. her enunciation is still hot garbage though

If her technique has started to improve, then I go Ariana on every other front too (range, tone, etc)

3 hours ago, brainmaniac said:

Gaga by far. 

Gaga can hold her own in her duets with Beyonce and Christina Aguilera, but Ariana gets eaten alive in her duets with JHUD, Jessie J, and Gaga herself 

1 - There's nothing vocally challenging about Telephone, It's not that kind of song nor did she ever perform it live with Bey. 

2 - Her performance of Do What U Want with Christina was a hot ****ing mess.

3 - Did you even watch the VMA's? 

1 hour ago, Ken Lee said:

Well name one then :celestial5:

I'm more curious to what ASIB songs you think are that vocally impressive? Surely not the nasal Whitney rip off IWNLA or the vocally overproduced ITA? that she never attempted live? :cm: Like what do you even consider a studio performance sweetie? You wanna consider vocal layers and harmonies into the picture? Ariana literally is a master in that field while Gaga never displayed any impressive harmonies or creative background vocals besides maybe like Venus which was all pitch corrected anyway and she always strained when she attempted them live. 

But anyway, from her last album alone:

Edited by Jjang
had to add something ggg
Earth Ripper
15 hours ago, Ken Lee said:

we don't have to solely rely on live performances. Ariana doesn't have any vocal performances in her song catalog that match or surpass Gaga's best vocal moments (i.e. ASIB ballads)

At this point I'm just gonna conclude you have no ear for music, 'cause that is pure insanity. There's nothing wrong with saying you prefer Gaga's tone or even her technique, but come on now :huh:

Whatever, we're not gonna convince you and we don't have to. But just watch a couple more recent Gaga performances and realize she has not once replicated the quality of the studio vocals from the ASIB album whereas Ari is literally making her songs twice as hard to sing live and is still delivering with perfect technique :gaycat2:

6 hours ago, Jjang said:

You wanna consider vocal layers and harmonies into the picture? Ariana literally is a master in that field

:dies: Ariana is literally a master of nothing. All of her vocal runs and harmonies are very repetitive. I agree Gaga doesn't do much layering (but the thread isn't who is the better layerer)

The only song on that... album that I would consider vocally "impressive" is pov

But I digress. We're just not going to agree

55 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

There's nothing wrong with saying you prefer Gaga's tone or even her technique, but come on now :huh:

Whatever, we're not gonna convince you and we don't have to.

But just watch a couple more recent Gaga performances and realize she has not once replicated the quality of the studio vocals from the ASIB album whereas Ari is literally making her songs twice as hard to sing live and is still delivering with perfect technique :gaycat2:

It's really not just a preference for me. In fact I probably prefer Ariana's tone (but Gaga's technique)

I agree :heart2:

I also agree with parts of this. Ariana outdoes her studio recordings live, while Gaga has never even performed some of her biggest vocal moments. However, these Gaga studio recordings >>>>> Ariana's live performances, imo

6 hours ago, Jjang said:

You wanna consider vocal layers and harmonies into the picture? Ariana literally is a master in that field

:dies: Ariana is literally a master of nothing. All of her vocal runs and harmonies are very repetitive. I agree Gaga doesn't do much layering (but the thread isn't who is the better layerer)

The only song on that... album that I would consider vocally "impressive" is pov

But I digress. We're just not going to agree

1 hour ago, Earth Ripper said:

There's nothing wrong with saying you prefer Gaga's tone or even her technique, but come on now :huh:

Whatever, we're not gonna convince you and we don't have to.

But just watch a couple more recent Gaga performances and realize she has not once replicated the quality of the studio vocals from the ASIB album whereas Ari is literally making her songs twice as hard to sing live and is still delivering with perfect technique :gaycat2:

It's really not just a preference for me. In fact I probably prefer Ariana's tone (but Gaga's technique)

I also agree with parts of this. Ariana outdoes her studio recordings live, while Gaga has never even performed some of her biggest vocal moments. However, these Gaga studio recordings >>>>> Ariana's live performances, imo

Earth Ripper
28 minutes ago, Ken Lee said:

Fair enough :skull: I'm not super knowledgeable about singing but I genuinely think I know enough about it to understand that what Gaga's doing is incredibly easy technically (and she still ****s up regularly even with that said) while Ariana is obliged to master a ton more technical skill to do what she's doing on the regular these days. But I get that that's not everyone's genuine conviction :eddie:

They're two completely different voices so differences of opinion are bound to arise, I guess. Just keep an eye on both of their upcoming performances is all I'm gonna add :foxaylove3:

ABeyBraith

Ariana. Gaga is good but I can’t stand her voice, she sounds like she’s yawning when she belts. Her national anthem was horrible and people had the absolute audacity to compare it to Whitney’s. She didn’t even come close.