• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jjang

• Earth Ripper

• Sugden

• Si Hoo

5 minutes ago, Kimi said:

a real kii is that madonna stan is hiding behind ariana to talk about vocal technique

this man just wanna hate gaga

lets talk about terrible vocals

Edited by Sugden
MrLovett

Ariana, and it's not even close. Gaga really strains in her upper chest, it's so unpleasant to listen to. Not to mention her tone. :mazen: But that's at least subjective.

Rhiannon
5 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Monsters using 8 year old receipts to justify a 2021 argument? Color me shocked. :cm:

As if Gaga were on britney's level or something after 8 years:deadbanana2:

Her best performances were literally a few years ago (2015,2016 and 2017), not 8 years ago, so who cares if the website isn't active anymore?

the result would have been the same:michael:

Edited by Rhiannon
Breathe On Moi

The everytime singer is truly an angelic singer and always delivers. 

• ATRL Moderator

Both have amazing voices, I love stanning two VOCALISTS :clap3: 

I do prefer Ariana’s tone though. 

the fact the all these performances he posted as bad outsings madonna any day of her whole carrer :rip:

Earth Ripper
2 minutes ago, Sugden said:

queen of vocal technique :dies:

Dude why are you posting TUN performances. She's a nervous wreck every time she's about to perform this because it's a personal ass song. She cried on tour regularly to this song. It's the equivalent of Gaga's Dope.

Now I will admit that she is almost never in good vocal shape on award shows. She gets nervous and ****s up, that's the tea. But that never happens on her own shows. Clearly, looking at the other vids posted. Meanwhile the vids from Enigma/Jazz & Piano were abominable. So play fair.

here you have recent gaga performance when she's showcasing her allegedly damaged voice :oh:

2 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

Dude why are you posting TUN performances. She's a nervous wreck every time she's about to perform this because it's a personal ass song. She cried on tour regularly to this song. It's the equivalent of Gaga's Dope.

Now I will admit that she is almost never in good vocal shape on award shows. She gets nervous and ****s up, that's the tea. But that never happens on her own shows. Clearly, looking at the other vids posted. Meanwhile the vids from Enigma/Jazz & Piano were abominable. So play fair.

so when she sings bad is just emotion? right...

also this enigma narrative isn't even true, when she is singing like this.

Rhiannon
2 minutes ago, Kimi said:

here you have recent gaga performance when she's showcasing her allegedly damaged voice :oh:

Gaga's greatests live performances are all from 2015-2020 , her voice sounds better than ever :heart2:

Earth Ripper
1 minute ago, Kimi said:

This is totally mediocre singing though. (Also completely wrong vocal style for this song.) You think Ari can't do this lmfao. This thread should be about who can keep up with who. It's kind of embarrassing how Ari supporters get to post sensational career highlight type vocal moments while y'all are coming with... this to prove Gaga's better. Really?

Melancholy
38 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

It's not :rip: They have updated it recently. Their descriptions are also updated. This site has totally LOST it :rip:

"updated it recently" while all of their examples are still "see Emotions" "marry the night" "break free" "(around 2013)" "do what u want" :ahh:

1 minute ago, Kimi said:

How can you sit through the fake Judy Garland accent, the faux "opera" vocals and those Grade B singer vocal warm ups and not cringe your life away? Literally any Jazz singer from your local bar can give you something more original and creative. Gaga is a mimic, that's all she does, she just mimics what she thinks actual singers of those genres are supposed to sound like. Hence why when she's given an opportunity to be creative on the fly, or original, or improvise she almost always ****s up. Do you want me to post like 10 additional Jazz and Piano bad performances? Trust me I can good sis... just request! 

But yes, she can "do much more with her voice" than someone who recorded this out of sheer boredom:

1 minute ago, Earth Ripper said:

This is totally mediocre singing though. (Also completely wrong vocal style for this song.) You think Ari can't do this lmfao. This thread should be about who can keep up with who. It's kind of embarrassing how Ari supporters get to post sensational career highlight type vocal moments while y'all are coming with... this to prove Gaga's better. Really?

And you coming with these tour clips when she lipsyncs half of the performances, there is even proof because the high notes always sound the ****ing same. :rip:

Earth Ripper
3 minutes ago, Sugden said:

so when she sings bad is just emotion? right...

also this enigma narrative isn't even true, when she is singing like this.

I didn't say that, I literally admitted she usually doesn't sing well on award shows... That song is just a special case so you shouldn't post it, just like I shouldn't post Gaga's iconic Dope performance trainwreck because she was going through a rough time then and literally cried while singing. It's not hard to understand.

What is impressive about this video btw? The only impressive moment was at 3:09 and it wasn't challenging to sing whatsoever for her. Again: you think Ari can't sing this? We should be posting vids that show what the other artist CAN'T do.

1 minute ago, Jjang said:

How can you sit through the fake Judy Garland accent, the faux "opera" vocals and those Grade B singer vocal warm ups and not cringe your life away? Literally any Jazz singer from your local bar can give you something more original and creative. Gaga is a mimic, that's all she does, she just mimics what she thinks actual singers of those genres are supposed to sound like. Hence why when she's given an opportunity to be creative on the fly, or original, or improvise she almost always ****s up. Do you want me to post like 10 additional Jazz and Piano bad performances? Trust me I can good sis... just request! 

But yes, she can "do much more with her voice" than someone who recorded this out of sheer boredom:

You say that like ariana doesn't sing exatcly like mariah on her songs, how original.

Earth Ripper
3 minutes ago, Sugden said:

And you coming with these tour clips when she lipsyncs half of the performances, there is even proof because the high notes always sound the ****ing same. :rip:

loooooooooool

She hits high notes every time, she must be lip syncing!! She literally changes up her vocal runs every ****ing night. But go off. Done replying to you. That is the most clownish desperation I've ever seen on a forum.

I prefer Gaga but I can certainly see the argument for Ariana. When you are at their level it is preffrence. 

Ariana mostly does one thing and does it very well and to a high ability. She knows what works for her and has a particular sound she sticks to. There is absolutely nothing wrong with knowing your strengths and leaning into them.

Gaga is by far the better vocal chameleon and vocal actress. She does not always sound pleasant and is inconsistent but it is more interesting and entertaining to me. People sometimes want to group Gaga in with other mainstream singers but she is much more akin to musical theatre. When you listen to Gaga sing she is leading with emotion and performance, and will sacrifice technique in the process. Her voice is also much more powerful than Ari who sounds quiet without a mic. 

I didn't say that, I literally admitted she usually doesn't sing well on award shows... That song is just a special case so you shouldn't post it, just like I shouldn't post Gaga's iconic Dope performance trainwreck because she was going through a rough time then and literally cried while singing. It's not hard to understand.

What is impressive about this video btw? The only impressive moment was at 3:09 and it wasn't challenging to sing whatsoever for her. Again: you think Ari can't sing this? We should be posting vids that show what the other artist CAN'T do.

Of course ariana can sing these songs, doesn't mean she sings them better that's the whole point.

loooooooooool

She hits high notes every time, she must be lip syncing!! She literally changes up her vocal runs every ****ing night. But go off. Done replying to you. That is the most clownish desperation I've ever seen on a forum.

Even her fans know she lipsyncs high notes, is not a crime but is true. There is literally proof everywhere.

Human voice doesn't work like this, you just don't sound the exact same during 100 shows is not realistic.

INTOBISH
1 minute ago, Sugden said:

There is literally proof everywhere.

*proceeds to post a compilation of old videos from 2013-2014*:rip:

3 minutes ago, INTOBISH said:

*proceeds to post a compilation of old videos from 2013-2014*:rip:

but what is it, she doesn't do it or she only did it in the past?

you guys need to make up your minds

Edited by Sugden
Earth Ripper
1 minute ago, Sugden said:

Even her fans know she lipsyncs high notes, is not a crime but is true. There is literally proof everywhere.

Human voice doesn't work like this, you just don't sound the exact same during 100 shows is not realistic.

lol, again these "receipts" from three tours prior omg. She literally admitted this and then stopped doing it for her last two tours. Every Ari fan knows this. She's improved her technique and stage skills since those times so she doesn't have to worry about missing these notes anymore.

Examples:

Try again.