• slw84

• Badboidami

• Breathe On Moi

• mellenthin

rihannabiggestfan
13 hours ago, Cosmikel said:

She’s on thin ice anyway I heard Onikavoodoo kills :cm:

:clown: :clown: :clown:

She deserves hell and back for the misery she's been inflicting on her husband's rape victim. I wish her the worst in the life. 

Miss Anthropocene

Didn’t realise you could be sued for an unreleased song :deadbanana4:

So if I record myself singing Rain On Me I could be sued? Ludicrous

Kool_Aid_King
On 1/11/2021 at 5:10 PM, Miss Anthropocene said:

Didn’t realise you could be sued for an unreleased song :deadbanana4:

So if I record myself singing Rain On Me I could be sued? Ludicrous

No, this is different. You can do whatever you want as long as you're not profiting off of it. Nicki was not granted rights to release the song, and it was leaked... Likely by Nicki Minaj and she owes her money for that since it was played on an official radio station. Tracy sued for two different things, one was the fair use clause, which was denied (meaning you can sample Rain on Me and do whatever you want with it) and for the wrongful leak. Nicki didn't really lose, she just settled out of court so it never went to an official courtroom situation.

The same thing happened with Miley Cyrus. She was sued for "We Can't Stop" and an un-credited sample. Miley didn't technically lose cause they settled out of court. 

Miss Anthropocene
19 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

No, this is different. You can do whatever you want as long as you're not profiting off of it. Nicki was not granted rights to release the song, and it was leaked... Likely by Nicki Minaj and she owes her money for that since it was played on an official radio station. Tracy sued for two different things, one was the fair use clause, which was denied (meaning you can sample Rain on Me and do whatever you want with it) and for the wrongful leak. Nicki didn't really lose, she just settled out of court so it never went to an official courtroom situation.

The same thing happened with Miley Cyrus. She was sued for "We Can't Stop" and an un-credited sample. Miley didn't technically lose cause they settled out of court. 

Thanks for explaining :heart: