Madonna Defending Janet Jackson after SuperBowl #TBT

Thinking Of You

I think the most funniest thing about it is the fireworks going off late after. Even the fireworks was like “What the f-oh **** my cue!”

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aerosol

• Stankonia

• C.Damen

• BraveNewSeth

JohnCrawford
15 hours ago, Swag said:

:clap3:

I was distracted by the hot Tom of Finland. cop behind her. I want him to destroy me like JT destroyed Janet's career

15 hours ago, Stankonia said:

The way you're obsessed with that quote from 27 years ago :skull: Let it go sis

13 hours ago, Hongbin said:

Why are you still being bitter over shade from the 90s?

Janet fans telling others to move on from shade over 100 years ago?

:eek:

10 hours ago, Love4Janet said:

Let me stop you right there, because Madonna tried coming for Janet when promoting her own flop Superbowl performance and got booed by the audience.

Clearly it was more of a dig at herself because Madonna exposed every body part of hers in 1992.

:skull:

dabunique
37 minutes ago, C.Damen said:

Clearly it was more of a dig at herself because Madonna exposed every body part of hers in 1992.

exactly like our bitch wasn't naked all da 90's ...

MESSIAH13
1 hour ago, C.Damen said:

Right?! Some people are so literal...

MESSIAH13
1 hour ago, Don't Stop Me Now said:

Of course that white man didn’t face any repercussions. 

What does Madonna have to do with Janet's performance?:deadbanana4:

Stankonia
16 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Wait, did she really? :deadbanana2:

OT: Janet deserved so much better than what happened to her post-Nipplegate

Before her Super Bowl XLVI gig in February, Madonna guaranteed there would be no “wardrobe malfunction” during her performance, akin to Janet Jackson’s slip during halftime of the 2004 Super Bowl.

Madge ripped those kind of on-stage antics as cheap attention grabs.

“You don’t have to show your nipples to be interesting, and it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re cutting-edge if you do,” Madonna lectured back then.

The hypocrisy when she has shown both of her nipples and her coochie a gazillion times  :deadbanana4: I understand that there was a lot of pressure from the NFL that she did nothing controversial but she was a mess for this comment

• #FreeBritney Activist
BraveNewSeth
6 minutes ago, Stankonia said:

The hypocrisy when she has shown both of her nipples and her coochie a gazillion times  :deadbanana4: I understand that there was a lot of pressure from the NFL that she did nothing controversial but she was a mess for this comment

She has the audacity to say that and then a few months later she's flashing her saggy **** all across the Middle East? :toofunny3: 

Stankonia

16 years have passed and Madonna stans are still so invested in Janet's superbowl, truly the most iconic halftime show of all time:jonny:

It's truly sad and off-putting that some of y'all still feel the need to shade and put down a woman who faced repulsive misoginy and racism, all because of a nipple shown for less than one second.

6 hours ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

Doesn't change the fact that she was the only one defending her back in 2004. 

Now imagine if that happened to Madonna in 2004 instead, Janet would be the first to drag her in every single interview and media :bibliahh:

Girl stop lying :rip:It was nice of Madonna to defend her at the time but she was far from the only one to do so. Alanis Morissette, Monique, Usher, Missy Elliott, Kelly Osbourne off the top of my head vigorously defended her. The black community especially had Janet's back.

And Janet only spoke about Madonna in 1993 (and in 2012 to congratulate her for her superbowl HTS when asked about it despite the fact that Madonna had just shaded her in an interview :skull:) not you painting Janet sweetheart-always-minding-her-business Jackson as as some deranged OMH when never said a word about the countless attention stunts your fave indulged in over her career :dies:

Stankonia
1 hour ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

He didn't get the same blame because he apologized. And it wasn't him who flashed his private parts. 

Narrative has switched a lot last few years, I don't know why are you denying it. 

Can you please stop spreading fake news? You obviously don't know **** about how things went down. Janet apologized on national TV, even before Justin did.

And even if she didn't it still wouldn't justify the racist and misogynistic witch hunt she was put through :biblio: 

And nipples aren't "private parts" wtf

I'm sure you didn't have a problem when Adam Levine's nipples were showing during his entire superbowl HTS.

Stankonia
1 hour ago, Aerosol said:

And these takes from the fanbase all these years later don't help either.

One of the reasons this conversation has gone in an endless cycle for the past 2 decades is that too many of y'all waste energy on still trying to convince people it was an accident instead of arguing why it doesn't matter either way: They both were involved and only one got punished.

I agree.

Here's my theory. The red lace explanation was most likely not true. I'm guessing that she had no choice but to come up with it because she couldn't admit that it was planned for legal reasons regarding the lawsuit against MTV.

I believe it was a stunt but it didn't go the way it was planned and that is what nobody ever mentions. The 2004 halftime show's executive producer Beth McCarthy-Miller confirmed that Justin ripped off Janet's breast cup too early. On "gonna have you naked by the end of this song" instead of "gonna have you naked by the end of this song"

Her nipple was not supposed to be broadcasted for half a second. We were only to see Justin ripping off her breastcup and then the camera switching to the fireworks.

Gil probably thought it was going to be a cute headline in the news about her titty coming out off camera but because of Justin's mistake it completely got out of control.mp3

Don't Stop Me Now
2 hours ago, dabunique said:

exactly like our bitch wasn't naked all da 90's ...

Send me a copy of her iconic sex book.:alexz:

Stankonia
39 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

She has the audacity to say that and then a few months later she's flashing her saggy **** all across the Middle East? :toofunny3: 

Spoiler

BfV8nVD.gif

Literally a few months after she said it :lmao:

1 hour ago, Stankonia said:

And nipples aren't "private parts" wtf

ricardoazevedo
1 hour ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Did you know that women doens`t have no rights in Middle East. That`s why she showed her nipple. She is a female performing in a sexist country. That`s a political statement. Can you see the difference?

Stankonia
23 minutes ago, C.Damen said:

You do know that women's nipples are not genitals, right?

iZg4Zxg.gif

wanderlust
2 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

and here we go again with the ageism. at least we saw a beautiful natural looking boob while janet's looked like a bad boobjob.

anyway, you janet fans always try to spin it a different way. Here we have a video of madonna supporting janet and defending her, yet janet fans STILL TRY IT.

What she also said is that silly things tend to get really big reactions in america. she pointed out that nudity always upsets the puritanical states of america. she used sexuality as well to get points across, and isn't afraid to say it like it is and that despite using sex, it's also the easy way to get americans talking. 

you people are so literal and black/white in your thinking. I hope it's just trolling, cuz..

Edited by wanderlust
Stankonia
25 minutes ago, ricardoazevedo said:

Did you know that women doens`t have no rights in Middle East. That`s why she showed her nipple. She is a female performing in a sexist country. That`s a political statement. Can you see the difference?

lmao first of all Madonna flashed her nipple in Turkey - as well as other countries outside of the middle east - which is a democracy, part of the european union and where women do have rights.

And are you implying that the US is not a "sexist country"? :deadbanana4:

8 minutes ago, wanderlust said:

and here we go again with the ageism. at least we saw a beautiful natural looking boob while janet's looked like a bad boobjob.

Madge stans: It's her body, stop judging her choices!

Also Madge stans: Boob job! :juanny:

The Madonna fanbase is the biggest bunch of hypocrites. Always the first to cry about feminism and ageism, but only as it relates to Madonna. Wouldn't be caught dead speaking up for any other gal.

wanderlust
1 minute ago, Aerosol said:

Madge stans: It's her body, stop judging her choices!

Also Madge stans: Boob job! :juanny:

The Madonna fanbase is the biggest bunch of hypocrites. Always the first to cry about feminism and ageism, but only as it relates to Madonna. Wouldn't be caught dead speaking up for any other gal.

wtf. I hate playing this "but he started it" childish game, but look at the post I quoted!

Here we have a topic celebrating a woman defending another woman when everyone was silent, and yet we have fans of this woman TRASHING her yet AGAIN.

And the truth is, we KNOW, even you do, that janet would NEVER have defended madonna!

She was the first to trash her during Erotica!

Hypocrite my ass!! Look at yourselves!

Stankonia
19 minutes ago, wanderlust said:

anyway, you janet fans always try to spin it a different way. Here we have a video of madonna supporting janet and defending her, yet janet fans STILL TRY IT.

What she also said is that silly things tend to get really big reactions in america. she pointed out that nudity always upsets the puritanical states of america. she used sexuality as well to get points across, and isn't afraid to say it like it is and that despite using sex, it's also the easy way to get americans talking. 

you people are so literal and black/white in your thinking. I hope it's just trolling, cuz..

2 minutes ago, wanderlust said:

wtf. I hate playing this "but he started it" childish game, but look at the post I quoted!

Here we have a topic celebrating a woman defending another woman when everyone was silent, and yet we have fans of this woman TRASHING her yet AGAIN.

And the truth is, we KNOW, even you do, that janet would NEVER have defended madonna!

oh shut up with the tired victim complex

as always the walking madeads were the first to get messy, literally on the first reply of this thread :zzz:

and not a Madonna stan talking about botched surgeries :skull:

3 minutes ago, wanderlust said:

You...literally addressed nothing here. Whew that really flew over your head didn't it. Once again, the Madonna stans praise her supposed trailblazing feminism but **** on any woman who isn't Madonna (or Britney occasionally lmao good job.)

ricardoazevedo