Madonna Defending Janet Jackson after SuperBowl #TBT

StrangerInTheDark
10 hours ago, bliaz said:

I still don't understand why people were so shocked by a nipple on TV, I don't understand 

It was 2004.

Family show.

Biggest ratings of the year.

Primetime.

Sponsors.

And you are shocked why were people offended by nudity... These kids today...

Ofc you wouldn't be shocked today when nudity is all around us.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stankonia

• Aerosol

• C.Damen

• StrangerInTheDark

Gesamtkunstwerk

Can someone explain to me something I never got about this incident 

Why did Timberlake rip her bra off, was something planned? He clearly did it on purpose, but what was it supposed to do instead of flashing her nipple ? :deadbanana:

• #FreeBritney Activist
6 minutes ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

Why did Timberlake rip her bra off, was something planned? He clearly did it on purpose, but what was it supposed to do instead of flashing her nipple ? :deadbanana:

It was planned. She even had that ring around her nipple. 

Gesamtkunstwerk
1 minute ago, Alexz said:

It was planned. She even had that ring around her nipple. 

Okay, but.. why ? :skull:

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 minute ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

Okay, but.. why ? :skull:

Maybe she wanted a big moment of controversy to sell her new album. But something didn’t go as planned, obviously.

11 hours ago, Lover said:

Celebrity 90s madonna GIF on GIFER - by Moogutaur

The “class” jumped OUT with her boob at the super bowl 💀

OT: Nice of Madonna to be supportive to her peers, we love a secure woman. 

worldwide angel

the girls in here trying to make janet some sort of bitter pervert :rip: 

Bloodflowers.

she heard My Baby on Damita Jo and decided to support this LEGEND :clap3: 

Oktober Knight
3 hours ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

They didn't plan any reveal during rehearsals. Janet came up with ripping her top off the day of the show and they rehearsed it in her dressing room. It was meant to reveal her corset underneath but instead everything came off when Justin pulled it and revealed her entire boob. 

However, I'm not 100% sold on this story - I think Janet knew exactly what she was doing and didn't tell Justin about it so it looked like a genuine accident. 

26 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

They didn't plan any reveal during rehearsals. Janet came up with ripping her top off the day of the show and they rehearsed it in her dressing room. It was meant to reveal her corset underneath but instead everything came off when Justin pulled it and revealed her entire boob. 

However, I'm not 100% sold on this story - I think Janet knew exactly what she was doing and didn't tell Justin about it so it looked like a genuine accident. 

They both knew. He literally got off stage and told Entertainment Tonight "We love to give y'all something to talk about."

They thought it would be a watercooler moment and then forgotten. They severely misjudged.

Edited by Aerosol
StrangerInTheDark
34 minutes ago, Aerosol said:

They both knew. He literally got off stage and told Entertainment Tonight "We love to give y'all something to talk about."

They thought it would be a watercooler moment and then forgotten. They severely misjudged.

Omg yes, finally someone else remembers this lol

There was a video back in the day of them getting off the stage and looking proud and giving that comment or something lol a lot of articles referenced it back in the day because it showed that it was staged. But video is impossible to find today which is why her PR machinery is rewriting history last few years...

41 minutes ago, Aerosol said:

Janet's look on her face after it was ripped never gave me the indication that the bra was supposed to come off. 

Auping-Jackson-Timberlake-Super-Bowl.jpg

3 minutes ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

her PR machinery is rewriting history last few years...

I mean, I don't know what you're trying to say here. Her official stance has always been that it was an accident. It's a lie, but...

Most of the conversation the last few years doesn't even revolve around that aspect anymore. It's literally that it doesn't matter one way or the other, it never should have been blown that much out of proportion.

1 minute ago, Hector said:

Janet's look on her face after it was ripped never gave me the indication that the bra was supposed to come off. 

Auping-Jackson-Timberlake-Super-Bowl.jpg

Well it was.

The fact is, it was ill-conceived. They didn't think it through. How it would look, how easily people would be able to poke holes in the "accident" excuse. Like I said, they cooked it up as a quick moment that people would talk about, but failed to realize just how much backlash that would get and how much people would be able to figure out it was planned.

StrangerInTheDark
3 minutes ago, Hector said:

But you do realize that there was nothing below ripped part? How can anyone deny the fact that it was staged when black part was suppose to be ripped and show nothing below it. 

2 minutes ago, Aerosol said:

I mean, I don't know what you're trying to say here. Her official stance has always been that it was an accident. It's a lie, but...

Most of the conversation the last few years doesn't even revolve around that aspect anymore. It's literally that it doesn't matter one way or the other, it never should have been blown that much out of proportion.

There has been PRd movement putting all the blame to JT like he violated her while ignoring the facts surrounding it. 

1 minute ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

There has been PRd movement putting all the blame to JT like he violated her while ignoring the facts surrounding it. 

False. People are still angry that he got none of the blame like she did. Nobody says he assaulted her.

StrangerInTheDark
3 minutes ago, Aerosol said:

False. People are still angry that he got none of the blame like she did. Nobody says he assaulted her.

He didn't get the same blame because he apologized. And it wasn't him who flashed his private parts. 

Narrative has switched a lot last few years, I don't know why are you denying it. 

Just now, StrangerInTheDark said:

He didn't get the same blame because he apologized. And it wasn't him who flashed his private parts. 

Narrative has switched a lot last few years, I don't know why are you denying it. 

She apologized. First actually. It was aired on every news broadcast in the country. He apologized at the Grammys because he didn't want to miss out on his first ceremony as a solo artist. You're not going to outdo me when it comes to knowledge on this subject. Thanks for playing.

StrangerInTheDark
1 minute ago, Aerosol said:

She apologized. First actually. It was aired on every news broadcast in the country. He apologized at the Grammys because he didn't want to miss out on his first ceremony as a solo artist. You're not going to outdo me when it comes to knowledge on this subject. Thanks for playing.

You mean apology that she pulled back and said she was forced to release it? :skull:

Don't Stop Me Now

Of course that white man didn’t face any repercussions. 

Thinking Of You
4 hours ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

Anyway. Ignore that other user spreading lies. It was apart of the choreography. He was supposed to rip the part of her corset off to reveal a red lace bra underneath. Hence the lyrics “I’m going to get you naked by the end of this song”. 

StrangerInTheDark
3 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Anyway. Ignore that other user spreading lies. It was apart of the choreography. He was supposed to rip the part of her corset off to reveal a red lace bra underneath. Hence the lyrics “I’m going to get you naked by the end of this song”. 

Red lace was attached to black part of the corset, there was just... lace. That was not supposed to cover anything.

Here's the inside look.

Janet Jackson Is Not A Victim When Looking Back At Nipplegate

1 minute ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

You mean apology that she pulled back and said she was forced to release it? :skull:

Years later? And what about it? She realized it made no difference since she was still treated unfairly anyway.

Here's the bottom line: I've seen your takes on this before, and those of people like you. They're ice cold. They both did it, even you said you remember him basically admitting it. But somehow you want to absolve him because...why? In your case I guess it's because you stan Madonna (and maybe Justin idk) and hate Janet. That's fine. But don't make excuses as to why the rest of the world placed their blame the way they did. Hint: It wasn't about apologies or things said years later.

7 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

And these takes from the fanbase all these years later don't help either.

One of the reasons this conversation has gone in an endless cycle for the past 2 decades is that too many of y'all waste energy on still trying to convince people it was an accident instead of arguing why it doesn't matter either way: They both were involved and only one got punished.