Jump to content

Madonna Defending Janet Jackson after SuperBowl #TBT


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Aerosol

    11

  • Stankonia

    11

  • C.Damen

    9

  • StrangerInTheDark

    8

I still don't understand why people were so shocked by a nipple on TV, I don't understand 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Oktober Knight

Queens supporting Queens :clap3:

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lover said:

Celebrity 90s madonna GIF on GIFER - by Moogutaur

Does this quote still haunt you or something?? :skull:

~

Back when she was a well-spoken and respected artist. :clap3:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Stankonia
16 minutes ago, Lover said:

Celebrity 90s madonna GIF on GIFER - by Moogutaur

The way you're obsessed with that quote from 27 years ago :skull: Let it go sis

 

OT: And then she switched like a f word and shaded her when promoting her own superbowl :dies:

Link to post
Share on other sites
aesthetic bih

This was nice of her ! :clap3: Janet didnt deserve that backlash that she got

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
BraveNewSeth
14 minutes ago, Stankonia said:

OT: And then she switched like a f word and shaded her when promoting her own superbowl :dies:

Wait, did she really? :deadbanana2:

 

OT: Janet deserved so much better than what happened to her post-Nipplegate

Link to post
Share on other sites

this was before my time but whenever I read about the hate the media gave Janet and the way her music started underperforming after it is makes me sad because it totally did hinder her legacy. She is still obviously viewed as one of the greats and a legend but I feel like her legend status would have been even greater because she certainly would have lasted through out the 2000s and that would have allowed her to access and entire new generation of ppl who will sing her praises for many more decades to come. Now she is sort of a low key kind of legend. As in she is 100% respected but I know for a fact the youth do not know her as much as other legends like Mariah and Madonna since they managed to get many hits throughout the 2000s. Janet actually started the 2000s stronger than both Mariah and Madonna in the US but that super bowl stunted her career and I HATE that. All because of a damn nipple...like damn

Link to post
Share on other sites
dreampop
47 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

this was before my time but whenever I read about the hate the media gave Janet and the way her music started underperforming after it is makes me sad because it totally did hinder her legacy. She is still obviously viewed as one of the greats and a legend but I feel like her legend status would have been even greater because she certainly would have lasted through out the 2000s and that would have allowed her to access and entire new generation of ppl who will sing her praises for many more decades to come. Now she is sort of a low key kind of legend. As in she is 100% respected but I know for a fact the youth do not know her as much as other legends like Mariah and Madonna since they managed to get many hits throughout the 2000s. Janet actually started the 2000s stronger than both Mariah and Madonna in the US but that super bowl stunted her career and I HATE that. All because of a damn nipple...like damn

ikr! Her All For You album sold 650k in its first week in 2001. She came in the 2000s strong!

Link to post
Share on other sites
FINEWEATHER

Janet was obviously hated on behind the scenes because there’s no way in heaven,hell, or earth that a simple nip slip was THAT detrimental. I mean, she’s a Jackson so they were obviously WAITING for an excuse to lash out.......

Link to post
Share on other sites
Oktober Knight
8 minutes ago, FINEWEATHER said:

Janet was obviously hated on behind the scenes because there’s no way in heaven,hell, or earth that a simple nip slip was THAT detrimental. I mean, she’s a Jackson so they were obviously WAITING for an excuse to lash out.......

It was, I lived through it. The media and NFL acted like she murdered someone on live TV. Her album followed just weeks later and bombed because she was blacklisted on radio and nobody would touch her. 

 

This caused the NFL to be very picky and choosy about who did the HTS after Janet cause they didn't want another fiasco. When they agreed to have Madonna on, she claimed they had several meetings about them warning her to not do anything controversial. I'm sure to this day, there are contracts in place banning any nudity or explicit content. All of this because of a nip slip. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lover said:

Celebrity 90s madonna GIF on GIFER - by Moogutaur

Hello? Is everything okay at home? Why are you still being bitter over shade from the 90s? If there's something wrong at home, let us know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pop Life

Madonna was (and is) sex shamed constantly so its only natural that she would leap to the defense of her peers. The talking points she brings up in this clio are things she's been discussing in interviews since the 80s.

 

I know the climate has regressed alot the past few years, but still America was a very different place in 2004. Evangelicals were at their influential peak and crossing them was practically a death sentence. Factor in racism and the way that little boy Britney used to date placing all the blame on Janet and the deck truly was stacked against her.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Daydream
1 hour ago, PrinceMichaelFan said:

Considering madonna is jackson member it was only right! :clap3:

Madonna is a what now? :ryan2:

 

I don’t think so. Michael didn’t claim her and neither does Janet.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Afterglow
4 hours ago, Lover said:

Celebrity 90s madonna GIF on GIFER - by Moogutaur

She looks like a straight up barbie doll here :heart2:

 

Theres no POPSTAR like Janet tbh. 

 

Ot: madonna, equally as iconic. Love this video, never knew she supported Janet at this time.

Edited by Afterglow
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Pop Life said:

Madonna was (and is) sex shamed constantly so its only natural that she would leap to the defense of her peers. The talking points she brings up in this clio are things she's been discussing in interviews since the 80s.

 

I know the climate has regressed alot the past few years, but still America was a very different place in 2004. Evangelicals were at their influential peak and crossing them was practically a death sentence. Factor in racism and the way that little boy Britney used to date placing all the blame on Janet and the deck truly was stacked against her.

justin was innocent.

he didn't know what janet has planned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
ricardoazevedo
10 hours ago, bliaz said:

I still don't understand why people were so shocked by a nipple on TV, I don't understand 

Right. And that almost destroy her career.

Link to post
Share on other sites
StrangerInTheDark
10 hours ago, Stankonia said:

The way you're obsessed with that quote from 27 years ago :skull: Let it go sis

 

OT: And then she switched like a f word and shaded her when promoting her own superbowl :dies:

Doesn't change the fact that she was the only one defending her back in 2004. 

 

Now imagine if that happened to Madonna in 2004 instead, Janet would be the first to drag her in every single interview and media :bibliahh:

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...