The Pretty Reckless f/ Tom Morello - "And So It Went"

Ok 25 and now what appears to be another serve look wise? We stan again

excited for this song

Listening right now in Australia, and I can say it's a serve!! Any other artists like this? 

Huh I like it but also her singing at the beginning of each verse sounds too soft and slow for how heavy the music is in the background for me

itll grow on me without a doubt tho

Edited by Gavin.
6 hours ago, Colbygg said:

Listening right now in Australia, and I can say it's a serve!! Any other artists like this? 

My fave female fronted bands similar to TPR would be Halestorm (first 3 albums are the best), In This Moment (albums 4,5, and 6 are my faves but 2-6 are all good), and Evanescence (they have a new album coming out soon! They aren’t hard rock like the other two tho). And check out Meg Myers! She has become one of my all time favorite artists. Also Flyleafs first two albums, again not hard rock but a rock female fronted band

Also idk how familiar you are with TPR but their first two albums are masterpieces (their third is alright but general opinion among the fans is it’s the worst) 

41 minutes ago, Gavin. said:

My fave female fronted bands similar to TPR would be Halestorm (first 3 albums are the best), In This Moment (albums 4,5, and 6 are my faves but 2-6 are all good), and Evanescence (they have a new album coming out soon! They aren’t hard rock like the other two tho). And check out Meg Myers! She has become one of my all time favorite artists. Also Flyleafs first two albums, again not hard rock but a rock female fronted band

Also idk how familiar you are with TPR but their first two albums are masterpieces (their third is alright but general opinion among the fans is it’s the worst) 

Thanks for your recs! I really want to get more into this type of music, preferably female fronted vocals like you mentioned. I appreciate those who actively reply and give music recs, I love checking out new music but haven't found the right place to start, I have been bored as of late listening to the same artists. 

10 minutes ago, Colbygg said:

Thanks for your recs! I really want to get more into this type of music, preferably female fronted vocals like you mentioned. I appreciate those who actively reply and give music recs, I love checking out new music but haven't found the right place to start, I have been bored as of late listening to the same artists. 

Not a problem! What is your main genre you are into right now? My taste is all over the place but pretty much mainstream artists only cause I don’t explore indie that much cause I’m a flop lol

4 minutes ago, Gavin. said:

Not a problem! What is your main genre you are into right now? My taste is all over the place but pretty much mainstream artists only cause I don’t explore indie that much cause I’m a flop lol

I'm the same lol! From the metal/rock projects that ATRL knows, I loved 'I Disagree More', 'My Agenda', and Plastic Hearts in the last year. As of late, Petals for Armour really grew on me, I love the chill art pop sound & My Friend is my favorite. 

mypaintoyou

Probably my favorite song from the album so far 

so far the songs released this era are so good

their last album wasn’t my cup of tea

ive been loving them since they came out in 2010

Their debut album was flawless 

jesus del rey
10 hours ago, Colbygg said:

I can recommend PJ Harvey (She is very experimental and she always serves excellence with every album), Patti Smith (She is the godmother of punk movement in NYC in the 70s, has lots of classics), Meg Myers (She has an amazing voice, her song Numb is my favorite), Anna Calvi (She is also very experimental, her cover of Strange Weather is amazing), and PVRIS (very cool band, their last album is a very good mix of electro and rock sounds). 

12 hours ago, Colbygg said:

I'm the same lol! From the metal/rock projects that ATRL knows, I loved 'I Disagree More', 'My Agenda', and Plastic Hearts in the last year. As of late, Petals for Armour really grew on me, I love the chill art pop sound & My Friend is my favorite. 

Omg how did I forget Hole! Their second album is so good. Courtney is a mess but her music is amazing. And Petals For Armour was a slight let down for me. I love Dead Horse but the album was a little too chill art pop for me haha. It made me realize I’m a Paramore fan not a Hayley fan 

oh and also Spelles! Probably the most unknown person I listen to lol. Wild Heart by her made my top 100 of last decade list

10 hours ago, jesus del rey said:

I can recommend PJ Harvey (She is very experimental and she always serves excellence with every album), Patti Smith (She is the godmother of punk movement in NYC in the 70s, has lots of classics), Meg Myers (She has an amazing voice, her song Numb is my favorite), Anna Calvi (She is also very experimental, her cover of Strange Weather is amazing), and PVRIS (very cool band, their last album is a very good mix of electro and rock sounds). 

Ok but listening to Patti Smith now. I’ve never heard of her! Thank you for the recommendation! Gloria is pretty good. I’ll have to check out PJ Harvey and Anna Calvi. And also glad there is another Meg stan here! @Changes got me into her a few years ago and I’ve never looked back 

Edited by Gavin.
SpaceOddity

Thankfully everything they've come out with lately points to an actually good album this time around. 

13 hours ago, jesus del rey said:

Thank you! The experimental recs sound very much catered to my taste as I'm just getting into the genre, omg I'm gonna have so much fun checking out these artists

3 hours ago, Gavin. said:

Omg how did I forget Hole! Their second album is so good. Courtney is a mess but her music is amazing. And Petals For Armour was a slight let down for me. I love Dead Horse but the album was a little too chill art pop for me haha. It made me realize I’m a Paramore fan not a Hayley fan 

oh and also Spelles! Probably the most unknown person I listen to lol. Wild Heart by her made my top 100 of last decade list

Ok but listening to Patti Smith now. I’ve never heard of her! Thank you for the recommendation! Gloria is pretty good. I’ll have to check out PJ Harvey and Anna Calvi. And also glad there is another Meg stan here! @Changes got me into her a few years ago and I’ve never looked back 

Thanks gavin! I've heard of Courtney but never checked her out. I will genuinely listen to all these acts, love all these new listening ideas !!

side note feel like I'm low key taking over this comment section, so I'm gonna dip lol 

fagsturbation

Taylor is such a gorgeous girl I like the glam rock aesthetic she seems to be going for this era

Robburro
On 1/7/2021 at 8:43 PM, Colbygg said:

Try PVRIS first and second album. Someone above said about the last album but Use Me is basically a pop album with some guitars here and there.