THERE IS ALREADY A THREAD FOR THE ETERNALS SPOILER. STOP MAKING NEW ONES.

Olivia Rodrigo - "drivers license"

Goofy

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FAN

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Baby Judas

• ArmyBlink

8 minutes ago, FAN said:

of course it was :clap3: Do we know the total Spotify streams to date?

I think 925 million

• 5 weeks later...

Rodrigo is no stranger to show business. But the success of “Drivers License” was something else. “Oh, my gosh, that was the craziest time of my life,” she says, noting that she was in Utah filming “HSMTMTS” when the song came out. “I was sitting in a grocery-store parking lot, and I called my A&R guy. It had just gone No. 1 on Apple Music, which is hard for a pop act to do. We were looking at each other on FaceTime, speechless, and just stared at each other for a minute. ‘What do we do?’ ‘I don’t know.’ That was the moment that I knew that it was going to be something bigger than I expected.”

Rodrigo’s manager, Kristen Smith of Camp Far West, says the song offered a “collective cry” after a heartbreaking year of pandemic. “But I don’t think anyone could have predicted what happened, mainly because some of it has never been done.”

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/olivia-rodrigo-drivers-license-sour-high-school-musical-1235038112/

chills

8 hours ago, youngpopariana said:

Does anyone know if Driver's License is still charting on the Hot 100 ?

Nope, despite already reaching one billion streams on Spotify, radio dropped it like a rock.

On 8/12/2021 at 3:17 AM, FAN said:

Nope, despite already reaching one billion streams on Spotify, radio dropped it like a rock.

Oh alright I see. Good 4 U will chart on the Hot 100 longer than DL. That's for sure.

Thanks for the insight btw.