Olivia Rodrigo - "drivers license"

Russell22
15 minutes ago, thedamnking said:

Thanks for the update, I didn’t know about it, I’m gonna keep my eye on her stuff and check out the HSM reboot (I must confess I didn’t for two reasons: 1. I became a grumpy nostalgic b*tch, so I didn’t want to get HSM ruined for me and 2. I think we all can agree that Disney Channel/Or whatever they call it nowadays hasn’t served quality for a few years now), anyway, I really liked this song and music video, her sound is amazing 

It wasn’t a reboot. It’s a spinoff and was quite enjoyable and it’s on disney+. I haven’t checked disney channel in ages but disney+ does have some killer series. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Baby Judas

• FAN

• ArmyBlink

Russell22
8 minutes ago, Augmented said:

#5 on US Spotify oh wow :jonny:

Has she ever performed live? That’s pretty much going to seal the deal for me if she’s amazing live as well 

She’s great! This is her cover of Cruel Summer

Can’t wait for her debut performance

Augmented
18 minutes ago, Russell22 said:

She’s great! This is her cover of Cruel Summer

Can’t wait for her debut performance

Oooh she does sound really good here!

Also this is #10 on UK iTunes as well :clap3:

the fact that she would be #2 on AM right now of it wasn't for the surprise-drop of a country dude :eek:

I tried listening to this because of the Spotify numbers but the first verse lyrics are already extremely childish and tween-y, but good for anyone enjoying this

I don't like the cursive singing she does at the beginning but it sounds like she actually she has pipes that she shows off later into the song. there's lots of potential here for sure :alexz2:

2 hours ago, Hunter_13 said:

Insane and that’s with 3 Morgan songs above it. :deadbanana: . #46 WW Spotify, looks like it’s just the US who is hooked so far. 

3 minutes ago, Cain said:

I tried listening to this because of the Spotify numbers but the first verse lyrics are already extremely childish and tween-y, but good for anyone enjoying this

I thought the same thing, you have to hang in until the 2:30 mark and then it turns into a gorgeous song. 

aliciavikanders
5 minutes ago, raven said:

I don't like the cursive singing she does at the beginning but it sounds like she actually she has pipes that she shows off later into the song. there's lots of potential here for sure :alexz2:

Yeah, her potential is what's the most exciting. 

This isn't a bad song by any means — but I'm interested to see what she does when her songwriting improves and she stops using the avocado indie girl voice (it was only really prevalent in the first verse tho). She can sing, so she doesn't need it.

Also, the fact she's working with Dan Nigro on her first EP is kind of ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, aliciavikanders said:

Yeah, her potential is what's the most exciting. 

This isn't a bad song by any means — but I'm interested to see what she does when her songwriting improves and she stops using the avocado indie girl voice (it was only really prevalent in the first verse tho). She can sing, so she doesn't need it.

Also, the fact she's working with Dan Nigro on her first EP is kind of ridiculous.

my point exactly :cm: 

I'm hoping her EP/album isn't just ballads. I'd love to hear her on some mid-tempos as well 

Mark Rih

The song itself is interesting, but her voice sounds quite bland to me. Her debut numbers are impressive, we'll see how far she goes

badgirlriri

It was already a cute song, the bridge just gave it an unexpected huge touch :giraffe:

All of her songs on HSM have been very ballad-esque thus far, some more slower or uptempo then others though, and she chose to cover a ballad for the Holiday Special, I would get used to that being what she'll mostly serve :celestial5:

Edited by badgirlriri

okay I won’t lie I came in here wanting to hate it bc she’s been getting spammed here lately 

it was a cute song, albeit generic, then the bridge HIT. whew! I wish the whole song was like the bridge

thanks atrl payola u might’ve finally got me onto something good :jonny: ill keep up w her from now on

I was expecting a lot better based off the hype and Lorde comparisons, kinda bland

beautiful player

I love all of this, I was almost moved into tears but the cursive singing put a damper on my mood. It's so tacky and NEEDS TO STOP. Leave it behind in 2020. PLEASE.

l0Iy2DvG8MyEjnijC.gif

Anyway I'll be keeping an eye on her, there is potential. 

Delirious

Omg it's THAT voice. I hate it so much it's so irritating. Also she doesn't show off her talent in this song - it sounds super restrained.

Also the bridge is definitely the best part of the song but it isn't that good to make up for the song's bad stuff.

I really thought I was gonna enjoy this but unfortunately it's...well kinda bad (apart from the bridge) :rip::deadbanana2:

reputation1989
58 minutes ago, FAN said:

Insane and that’s with 3 Morgan songs above it. :deadbanana: . #46 WW Spotify, looks like it’s just the US who is hooked so far. 

UK is def getting there too!! 😍 top 10 on iTunes, 34 on Apple Music (& rapidly climbing, it wasn’t top 50 earlier today!) and I’m expecting a big spotify climb tomorrow!

I’m so ready for this to smash, obsessed ❤️

Lady Claire

Some of you calling the song teen or else - she's only 17. She IS a teenager :deadbanana:

And this is only her first single. She did quite well for that and there's room for a lot of improvement obviously.

DaddyIssuesX

:deadbanana2:the fact she’s 17 and she’s releasing better singles than some of the veteran girls lates efforts should be enough to know this girl has potential 

OnikaSlays

nnn i was trying to figure out who this girl was and why she seemed to already have a following. good for her tho on her success, the song is cute.

She's going to be BIG, the song is so good, the emotions, the writing, so much talent at 17 years old my god :eek: