Olivia Rodrigo - "drivers license"

duybeeGAshantiGA

But the song really only elevates from the bridge towards the end. I wish it was longer. Cuz prior to that it was a bit boring and her voice sounds avocado indie gorl at times. I find that style of singing / accent brings fake emotions. Lana never sings that way yet her music still has thay indie / alternative vibe.

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Baby Judas

• FAN

• ArmyBlink

Scandalous

wait a new disney girl debut getting 5 pages on ATRL :eek: had no idea so many people were checking for her

i was not expecting this sound from her but this song is so great

I think this is a strong debut for a Disney actress. The production and vocal lines on the bridge feel reminiscent of New York by St. Vincent and Writer in the Dark by Lorde.

aliciavikanders

Lorde, ha impact can't be denied

O9BIxh7.gif

Gen Z Disney Channel girls swearing in their debut singles :deadbanana4: The times have really changed. 

selsfetish

ngl im surprised shes doing so well outside of stan twt; how do the gp know about the song is it playlisted a lot or?

If it's doing this well on Apple Music, I wonder what its Spotify debut is going to be like. Pop songs usually do better on Spotify than AM so it could end up having a really strong US debut :jonny:

5 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

What a smasha:jonny5: 

Already?!?!? :deadbanana2:

usedtothis
27 minutes ago, selsfetish said:

ngl im surprised shes doing so well outside of stan twt; how do the gp know about the song is it playlisted a lot or?

tiktok/social media presence 

13 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

Oh my god :deadbanana2: I genuinely can't remember the last time a debut single from a female artist did THIS well on its first day. It'll be interesting to see if its strong start can hold for the rest of the week.

Russell22
1 minute ago, shelven said:

Oh my god :deadbanana2: I genuinely can't remember the last time a debut single from a female artist did THIS well on its first day. It'll be interesting to see if its strong start can hold for the rest of the week.

Probably only Ariana with The Way? 

selsfetish

nnnn I knew she'd become a future main pop/alt girl the second I heard her song but I had no idea this song would smash out the gate 

Apple Music Daily:

Global #26

US #21 *#5 without Morgan songs*

45 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

What in the world :eek: I’d never heard of this girl until today. First SZA, now Olivia, 2021 serving female TALENT at the top of the charts already :clap3:

For Spotify - Not on TTH and only #15 on NMF & #12 on Pop Rising. Should be interesting to see how it does there.