• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FAN

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Baby Judas

• ArmyBlink

24 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

US. iTunes:

1. Olivia Rodrigo - drivers license (Explicit)

15. Olivia Rodrigo - drivers license (Clean)

:jonny:

Can't even imagine how ruined the bridge is in that clean version :deadbanana4: 

59 minutes ago, FAN said:

The fact she was allowed to release an explicit is the real kii

she's not with hollywood records

4 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

Can someone explain why there are so many pressed users though? Like, what has Olivia done to warrant hate? I understand if you don't vibe with the song but going after a seventeen year who is seeing some success is just...

OT: Listened to this three times in a row on my walk today and WHEW it just hits in the New England winter 

Most of ATRL are gays pushing 30 who hate to see anyone younger than them succeeding because it reflects poorly on their unaccomplished lives. Same reason why people keep whining about how they don't "get" Billie and call her a one-hit wonder when she's clearly not.

An iconic debut :alexz: 

Just wanna post here cause i'm proud. Finally a Filipina / South East Asian main pop girl :jonny5:

and she's destroying all our main pop girls faves :jonny:

I feel so old right now cause I just don’t get it.. 😂

it’s a very Gen Z song I guess.

On 1/9/2021 at 2:55 AM, Beyonnaise said:

I keep saying it whenever a new young girl debuts but the indie girl voice trend has robbed us of so many great singers :deadbanana: Like I just can’t get past the weird pronunciation.

The song is pretty good otherwise. Nice to hear that she’s on Interscope and not rotting on Hollywood.

The pronunciation is my problem I think. I just don’t like this way of singing but it seems to be clicking with people so good for her.

1 hour ago, Stapi said:

Who was her inspiration? I did not understand the name.

38 minutes ago, Alexz said:

Who was her inspiration? I did not understand the name.

59360917_001_b?$xlarge$&fit=constrain&ql

1 hour ago, Prison said:

Most of ATRL are gays pushing 30 who hate to see anyone younger than them succeeding because it reflects poorly on their unaccomplished lives. Same reason why people keep whining about how they don't "get" Billie and call her a one-hit wonder when she's clearly not.

This. Y'all grown af pressed over a minor :rip: go start a career and buy a house 

The guy she’s singing to responded back with his perspective (not actually him)

Edited by Buffy

On 1/5/2021 at 3:39 AM, Lady Claire said:

Is she under Hollywood Records? Because if it's the case poor girl is DOA

O9BIxh7.gif

Curious to hear the song though, loved the aesthetic

On 1/5/2021 at 11:52 PM, badgirlriri said:

Joshua's had some lowkey success with his songs, hopefully she can as well :jonny6:

not these girls about to be blown away by how big she's gotten the past 3 days :WAP: biggest artist on the PLANET. Britney teas.

My niece, my nephew, and I all stanned this song and video today. Something for all generations :jonny5:

21 mil. up 122% in streams from Friday to Saturday, and another 32% from Saturday to Sunday.

x+(2.22x)+(2.22x*1.32)=21mil

6.15x=21 mil

x=3.4 mil day 1 streams

7.5 mil day 2 streams

9.9 mil day 3 streams

Spotify: 7.6 mil first 3 days. So about 36% of the streams came from Spotify.

Youtube US
Fri: 1.4 mil
Sat: 2.2 mil = 3.6
Sun: 2.7 mil = 6.3 mil first 3 days. About 30% of the streams came from Youtube.
Mon: 3.4 mil = 9.7

Rhythmic

8    OLIVIA RODRIGO    drivers license    Geffen/Interscope    Stations

1 minute ago, Baby Judas said:

Rhythmic

8    OLIVIA RODRIGO    drivers license    Geffen/Interscope    Stations

Wow that’s wild. I really hope she has a strong follow up to this in the future so she doesn’t become a one hit wonder. 

The song is blowing up on radio now already!  :duca: 

imagine if todays numbers are bigger...

O9BIxh7.gif

Interesting discussion between Bill Werde (ex Billboard) who speculates "there’s something fishy with the campaign" and Neil Shah (in the following thread/replies) who reviews music for the WSJ.

Bill Werde might not be a complete fan (also Alex Young from CoS)

The way things are going, Olivia might not be too bothered though.

Edited by Letemtalk
formatting and rewording

38 minutes ago, Letemtalk said:

Interesting discussion between Bill Werde (ex Billboard) who speculates "there’s something fishy with the campaign" and Neil Shah (in the following thread/replies) who reviews music for the WSJ.

Bill Werde might not be a complete fan (also Alex Young from CoS)

The way things are going, Olivia might be too bothered though.

BWerde seems completely out of touch ..thats normal.

How are people STILL believing this is some sort of payola or suspicious campaign? :deadbanana: If you could rig your way to 5.5 million daily US streams on Spotify, why would the very first example of that be Interscope doing it for a Disney+ star? :rip: Why wouldn't every big artist's label be doing it? And just how powerful would they need to be for this campaign to work on Apple Music, Spotify, YouTube AND iTunes?

I don't understand what's so difficult to get that this girl and this song are just the perfect storm of going peak viral. Initial name recognition from a successful Disney+ show + going viral on Tik Tok + her having relationship drama that Gen Z teens care about + the song being a good song that's easy to replay + her getting a notable co-sign from a huge artist like Taylor. It's really not THAT surprising that the song keeps rising like this.