Olivia Rodrigo - "drivers license"

badgirlriri
12 minutes ago, Baby Judas said:

I always thought that it's the girl who played Gina who will make it big outside Disney. :rip: She gave me a popstar vibe. 

Hopefully her success will bring in more audience for Season 2 and hopefully will also open doors for the other cast (Joshua :eli: ) . I love that show. 

I really think it can be a show that produces multiple stars :cries:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Baby Judas

• FAN

• ArmyBlink

Supervillain
57 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

This is a 4 minute song getting such huge streams! That's really appreciable in streaming Era.

Maybe she will end the 2:30 songs trend :WAP: 

Baby Judas
13 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Really?  I honestly thought the actress only sung because her character in the show was required to do so. All the other girls on the show eclipsed her in that department.. I wonder if drivers license's hype will rub off on the show. Season 1 felt pretty under the radar and very niche. Which makes this overnight sensation story even more puzzling. 

Agree though. The other girls are better than her vocally, but the Gina girl can perform. Idk, she's giving me some popstar vibes with weak vocals but strong stage presence. :eli: 

badgirlriri
23 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Really?  I honestly thought the actress only sung because her character in the show was required to do so. All the other girls on the show eclipsed her in that department.. I wonder if drivers license's hype will rub off on the show. Season 1 felt pretty under the radar and very niche. Which makes this overnight sensation story even more puzzling. 

The show is actually much more popular than people gave it credit for, its just mostly contained to Gen-Z crowd. I agree that Sofia doesn't seem to interested in being a star. 

Also the huge filter from the counter to chart streams show how much people have this song on repeat, we got the smash of 2021 :jonny6:

Edited by badgirlriri

Literally just randomly saw this at the top of iTunes and Spotify in the UK today and I’m baffled so I came here for answers. :rip:

cruelhprince
16 minutes ago, astrorep said:

#1 on TTH :WAP:

I fear tomorrow's and wednesday's updates :jonny5:

Edited by cruelhprince

Cute song but very Spotify playlist filler-y. I fear I definitely grew out of the pop (as in popular) world. 

The fact I live in a world where this is #1 but nobody cares for Weyes Blood is incredibly tragic. 

I dont get it ? Why is this song successful ? Nothing screams hit and she aint a songwriting prodigy. Im not gonna compare her to anyone but seriously i DONT get the hype. Can someone explain why?

Digitalism
11 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Cute song but very Spotify playlist filler-y. I fear I definitely grew out of the pop (as in popular) world. 

The fact I live in a world where this is #1 but nobody cares for Weyes Blood is incredibly tragic. 

Can wait for the critic to praise this so you can do the switch up

Augmented
30 minutes ago, astrorep said:

#1 on TTH :WAP:

A lot of people would be scared here...

Multiweek no.1 SMASH incoming :WAP:

12 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

Can wait for the critic to praise this so you can do the switch up

You can wait for that sis, I never switched because of anyone, let alone a critic. This is not a bad song but I'm not interested in charts anyway. Just weird that always the knock offs get the most of the shine? 

The way it’s probably going to increase AGAIN on Spotify tomorrow now that it’s #1 on TTH :jonny2:

just here to type about the bridge again.

:jonny5:

Edited by LCTV
heavyreplover

All I Want her REVENGE:jonny6: Disney finally launched a superstar after YEARS (the last one was Zendaya). Glad that she isn't in Hollywood Records:alexz:

Thinking Of You
1 hour ago, kayliah said:

I dont get it ? Why is this song successful ? Nothing screams hit and she aint a songwriting prodigy. Im not gonna compare her to anyone but seriously i DONT get the hype. Can someone explain why?

The girl is from the High School Musical series on Disney+ so she already had support and she already went viral on TikTok with another song last year (from the HSM soundtrack). So, it was just a matter of time. Plus, the lyrical content of the song is teen Gen Z bait. But yes, the song is very bland and nothing special. We’re all surprised.

2 hours ago, P!nk said:

Literally just randomly saw this at the top of iTunes and Spotify in the UK today and I’m baffled so I came here for answers. :rip:

I first heard of her today by logging into ATRL and I am so confused lmao does this mean I’m old now? :rip: