Olivia Rodrigo - "drivers license"

Ampersand13

I would argue iTunes is actually pretty impressive for an up and coming artist to perform so well on. She also had a great streaming debut. Looks like she could really become a musical force :clap3:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Baby Judas

• FAN

• ArmyBlink

everything bout this sudden success reminds me of Ari's "The Way" :weeps: I'm so happy to see talent thriving

DancingShoes

After a few listens, I really like it! It’s giving me Lorde vibes.

Holy **** I was not checking for her at all (her character was my least favorite in HSMTM) but this is AMAZING. 

I guess we don’t even need Lorde if Olivia is gonna serve **** like THIS :clap3: 

normanikordeix

Wow! We’re watching a star bloom before our eyes. This song reminds me of a combo between Lorde and Sara Baraielles(?)!! I want more... now!!

Arcadius

She has a gorgeous voice and this is a really good debut single. Also glad she’s not with Hollywood records. 

It's #35 on Apple Music with 26 tracks from Morgan Wallen's album above it :jonny:

If Interscope handles her right, she can be huge. I'm shocked at how insanely good of a first day this is having.

3 minutes ago, shelven said:

It's #35 on Apple Music with 26 tracks from Morgan Wallen's album above it :jonny:

If Interscope handles her right, she can be huge. I'm shocked at how insanely good of a first day this is having.

I think word of mouth is helping a lot. It's excellent!! :jonny6:

Michael196

2 hours ago, Goofy said:

everything bout this sudden success reminds me of Ari's "The Way" :weeps: I'm so happy to see talent thriving

right??? when I saw the positions and numbers... this is the first thing that came I thought of!

I don't recall anyone starting like that even the 5h girls who already established a fanbase prior to their solo debuts.

the way's debut was insane, the way she was selling on par with tay and jt from the get go was ridiculous and the fact that she debuted with a debut single at #10 in 2013 when when everyone was releasing and SMASHING:deadbanana2:  

Edited by Michael196
Michael196

can we discuss the SWIFT-print :alexz:

© 2021 Olivia Rodrigo, under exclusive license to Geffen Records

Arcadius

She has a gorgeous voice and this is a really good debut single. Also glad she’s not with Hollywood records. 

Beyonnaise

I keep saying it whenever a new young girl debuts but the indie girl voice trend has robbed us of so many great singers :deadbanana: Like I just can’t get past the weird pronunciation.

The song is pretty good otherwise. Nice to hear that she’s on Interscope and not rotting on Hollywood.

The bridge is nice but the rest is giving very much Billie Eilish wannabe teas but there's potential there

selsfetish

the fact shes 17 and a Disney girl serving this type of artistry for her debut single is shocking tbh

and like everyone else has said u can tell how Lorde and Taylor is her inspiration, it really reminds me off something from melodrama

I love the lyrics so much especially the bridge but also I love how much of a nice voice she has like usually songwriters aren't strong singers but shes good at both

anyways yeah I know she'll be big Interscope worked with Billie from the beginning and they def did well with making her big also this song is doing really well for a debut song