Olivia Rodrigo - "drivers license"

QueenofCopyPaste

As for what’s next for Olivia? — “Figuring out what I want my own music to sound like has been hella challenging but so much fun,” she said on her official website. “I still write songs in my bedroom almost everyday too. I learn more about myself and songwriting everyday, and I think that’s so fun. I feel really lucky. I’m so stoked for the future and I feel so grateful that I get to make songs and call it work.” Olivia is currently putting the finishing touches on her first EP.

She's going for the Meghan Trainor route

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Baby Judas

• FAN

• ArmyBlink

Tremor Christ
6 minutes ago, Phoenixstar said:

Are you even suprised?

She has a good fanbase from her Disney show + a very well written song about a girl missing boyfriend and devastated at the break up. Aka what the gen z are these day.

Hype it up on tik tok and have Taylor swift "approve" her of songwriting. Boom. :cm:

You know what I thought I would get attacked & regretted posting, so thank you. I'm getting more distant with "what's new" each day :rip:

Tremor Christ
2 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

I see these labels are following the Tinashe print with these artist backstories

njaz3xklx.thumb.gif.265596515ba7f8d959c1

aliciavikanders
29 minutes ago, Tremor Christ said:

"becoming one of the biggest songs of all time in two days!!!"

istg some of you get impressed by the hype so easily.

It’s her debut single and she clearly has potential to improve in the future :giraffe:

Is this song reductive? Yes. Is some of the songwriting—like rhyming “blue” with “through” and the line “how could I ever love someone else”—cringe and infantile? Yes. 

But is the bridge a major pop moment? Absolutely. And is this song an example of a very good and competent pop song? 100% 

She writes her music, can outsing literally every “new” pop girl bar Ariana, and had good taste in influences. I’d rather this girl be a pop star than someone else.

Edited by aliciavikanders
Tremor Christ
1 minute ago, aliciavikanders said:

It’s her debut single and she clearly has potential to improve in the future :giraffe:

Is this song reductive? Yes. Is some of the songwriting—like rhyming “blue” with “through” and the line “how could I ever love someone else”—cringe and infantile? Yes. 

But is the bridge a major pop moment? Absolutely. And is this song an example of a very good and competent pop song? 100% 

She writes her music, can ousting literally ever “new” pop girl bar Ariana, and had good taste in influences. I’d rather this girl be a pop star than someone else.

I'm not interested enough to have an opinion on her and understand I'm not her target audience. Less talented people have been successful & it's been never about talent anyway, so yeah.

aliciavikanders
8 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

Good. 

I listened to some of her snippets and... they’re not bad, but they aren’t good, either. 

Capitalize on this hype by putting out the EP in the next month or two, then get in the studio to come up with something better for the album. Love that for her! Also, Aaron Dessner just followed her on Instagram. Might as well just become Taylor 2.0 and hit him up, sis. 

Love Galore

this song is awful. not surprised another mediocre white girl is trying to sing. a dixie damelio or whatever teas

aliciavikanders
4 minutes ago, Love Galore said:

this song is awful. not surprised another mediocre white girl is trying to sing. a dixie damelio or whatever teas

She’s half-Filipino. 

greeneyedsoul

atrl will fume even more once they realize she's Asian excellence and they won't be able to use "another white girl" narrative.

Edited by greeneyedsoul
QueenofCopyPaste
11 minutes ago, Love Galore said:

She's Asian

Ephemeral

Olivia actually looks Filipino, but the amount of people who think she's white....

Anyway, people expect way too much from a 17 year old :rip: 

51 minutes ago, Tremor Christ said:

"becoming one of the biggest songs of all time in two days!!!"

istg some of you get impressed by the hype so easily.

likely to become one of the biggest female songs of all time:eli:

Let's see what happens

Edited by Arrows

idg why everybody on this site hates this, i went in to listen expectin a horrible song, instead it was very nice, feels heartfelt and is actually decently written for a pop song by a teenage artist. she writes the songs, she has the potential, the melodies are good, the production is okay - do yall hate it just because it's successful all of a sudden? i mean it's not an exceptional song (and i cannot relate to it directly cause those teenage days are gone for me but i imagine it is quite relatable for someone who is in that same age span) but it's very good and i've heard much worse stuff released by seasoned veterans tbh

Edited by itsjem
Baby Judas

Wait. All I Want is charting at #70 on US Spotify.. :rip:  Hopefully the good sis can also re-peak. :jonny: 

Puttanesca

She's got a really great voice but I wish these young girls would drop the indie/Lorde baby voice in their songs. It's not it. :emofish:

aliciavikanders
7 minutes ago, itsjem said:

idg why everybody on this site hates this, i went in to listen expectin a horrible song, instead it was very nice, feels heartfelt and is actually decently written for a pop song by a teenage artist. she writes the songs, she has the potential, the melodies are good, the production is okay - do yall hate it just because it's successful all of a sudden? i mean it's not an exceptional song (and i cannot relate to it directly cause those teenage days are gone for me but i imagine it is quite relatable for someone who is in that same age span) but it's very good and i've heard much worse stuff released by seasoned veterans tbh

The people calling this “bland” and “bad” clearly aren’t fans of pop music. 

When I listened to this on Friday I went in with no expectations, probably because the hype wasn’t as bad as it is now. And I was pleasantly surprised! It is an objectively good song. 

Those who hate it probably went in suspicious of the hype and confused as to why a rando 17yo was blowing their established faves out of the water, and that colored their perception of the music.

Edited by aliciavikanders
22 minutes ago, Puttanesca said:

She's got a really great voice but I wish these young girls would drop the indie/Lorde baby voice in their songs. It's not it. :emofish:

This.

mxoonlight
28 minutes ago, Puttanesca said:

! Just hit the notes

IM CRYING THIS BRIDGE IS EVERYTHING I WANT TO LISTEN ALL THE TIME AND CAN'T GET ENOUGH ITS CRAZYYY :jonny:

greeneyedsoul
13 minutes ago, Kylie Jenner said:

Thank god for this :jonny:coming for multiple weeks

She might snatch some earlier adds tomorrow on Pop then.

I think it's too late for her to get something on Hot Ac today already. 

52 minutes ago, Puttanesca said:

tbh it's teens fault. they love this type of singing and made it very trending :dancehall:

btw some of you all are doing way too much. "biggest female songs ever" "Megan Thrainor route". chile 

Thinking Of You

I’m more mad that Good Days just got overshadowed by this song.