Olivia Rodrigo - "drivers license"

• ATRL Administrator
3 minutes ago, TasteOfYourLips said:

Not ATRL payoling a basic ass girl with a basic ass song. Literally Victoria Justice had more substance to her and she gets dragged for being basic as f

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Baby Judas

• FAN

• ArmyBlink

if drivers license debuts at #1 olivia will be the 7th artist in history to debut at #1 with a debut single (5th if you don’t wanna count zayn and lauryn hill) :duca:

the full list:

1998: Lauryn Hill - “Doo Wop (That Thing)”
2003: Clay Aiken - “This Is The Night”
2004: Fantasia - “I Believe”
2005: Carrie Underwood - “Inside Your Heaven”
2006: Taylor Hicks - “Do I Make You Proud”
2016: Zayn - “Pillow Talk”

Dula Peep
4 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

if drivers license debuts at #1 olivia will be the 7th artist in history to debut at #1 with a debut single (5th if you don’t wanna count zayn and lauryn hill) :duca:

the full list:

1998: Lauryn Hill - “Doo Wop (That Thing)”
2003: Clay Aiken - “This Is The Night”
2004: Fantasia - “I Believe”
2005: Carrie Underwood - “Inside Your Heaven”
2006: Taylor Hicks - “Do I Make You Proud”
2016: Zayn - “Pillow Talk”

umm I would not count the AI winners in that list not the other way around 

2 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

umm I would not count the AI winners in that list not the other way around 

yeah it depends on each person, I’ve seen some people saying zayn and lauryn shouldn’t count because they already had huge careers before

either way it’s huge for olivia because unlike the others in the list she didn’t have a big career in music before and didn’t come from a big show like AI :duca:

Dula Peep
2 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

yeah it depends on each person, I’ve seen some people saying zayn and lauryn shouldn’t count because they already had huge careers before

either way it’s huge for olivia because unlike the others in the list she didn’t have a big career in music before and didn’t come from a big show like AI :duca:

Is she not coming off that High School Musical show? :what:

• ATRL Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

The last episode of the series streamed exactly a year ago, and it's no where near the phenomenon that the original HSM was, but yes she does have a leg up on any other newcomer,

The pressed ATRLers already because they don't like the song. :lmao: 

God, you don't have to like something to appreciate it and she's only 17, the f*ck.

21 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

it’s nowhere as big as American Idol was during its peak :skull: people from all demographics used to watch AI

I've seen a lot of hype for this girl lately, so I finally decided to check this track and, wow, it did not disappoint! I love it :smitten:

• ATRL Moderator
Reinvention
11 minutes ago, KLatz said:

I've seen a lot of hype for this girl lately, so I finally decided to check this track and, wow, it did not disappoint! I love it :smitten:

Same I just listened to it for the first time today and it's definitely a great track. TBH it kinda reminds me of Katy's "Save as Draft."

Digitalism
1 hour ago, TasteOfYourLips said:

Not ATRL payoling a basic ass girl with a basic ass song. Literally Victoria Justice had more substance to her and she gets dragged for being basic as f

Because Victoria is a big name that should have come back with a huge song

Park Jinyoung

the lyrics are really good. the cursive singing is not it though.

This is boring as hell and will drop off the charts

the ATRL payola though :bibliahh:

aesthetic bih
2 hours ago, kwek_kwek said:

This will be a big hit on Spotify Philippines. Filipinos will streams the sh!t out of it once they learn that she’s a Filipino. :ahh:

Even if they dont realize this. This kind of breakup hugot songs like this are a BIG HIT to the Filipinos anyway . :bibliahh:

Marianah Adkins
2 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

The amount of lullabies smashing in the US... I must admit I don't get it at all. This is the definition of a boring song.

Tbf its January aka winter period where somber songs smash. 

Ddd stans on here and twitter pressed :deadbanana4:

I think it's nice to see some new singers finding success, and she's talented so why not. So she's only having an EP?

ATRL fuming over her reminds me how people **** all over Billie when she was blowing up :dies: Some of y’all are so sad and bitter. It’s time to accept you’re old, get with the times.

kwek_kwek
27 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

Even if they dont realize this. This kind of breakup hugot songs like this are a BIG HIT to the Filipinos anyway . :bibliahh:

Moira is shaking!

Ok after listening to this after a blunt i can appreciate it a LOT more, that bridge really elevates this song to another level. I swear i hear lorde during the bridge too. Also taking into account that this is a DEBUT single makes me very excited to where she could go after this. Perched Ms Olivia :celestial5: