Olivia Rodrigo - "drivers license"

#1 on Apple Music for a female pop song is insane. The way she’s effortlessly destroying most of the pop girls :deadbanana2:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Baby Judas

• FAN

• ArmyBlink

duybeeGAshantiGA
3 hours ago, Beyonnaise said:

It makes me so sad nnn. I’ve been listening to a lot of the 2000s girls lately (Avril, Xtina, Kelly C) all of whom didn’t pronounce things weird or use that indie affectation and it’s just... so blatant that this voice trend has affected the way all these new girls are singing for the worse. It’s hard to pinpoint exactly when it happened but I think the early 2010s – Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men was one of the first big examples on a hit song.

Yeah I mean even Lana Del Rey doesnt even sing like that when her music is exactly right up the alley for that... Like the girls need to find their own identity. MJ's daughter also suffers from it. 

If you want to have a cult following like Lana n Lorde you just need to be unique and good. This driver license song is good but not unique .

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA
selsfetish

its probably going to eventually be #1 on all US streaming and digital platforms soon, im glad they playlisted it (although I wish it was higher but it'll probably move up throughout the days anyways) hopefully interscope sends it to radio soon now

Baby Judas

I’m so glad that this song is blowing up. I’m still mad that AIW did not reach its potential peak last year due to lack of support/promo. :sad: 

reputation1989

the way I've been so hyped for what she'd release since I heard All I Want and the way this has already passed all my chart expectations within like 2 days of release :jonny:

Bethenny Frankel

this is actually REALLY good omg wow

badgirlriri
11 minutes ago, Baby Judas said:

This is debuting inside the Top 10 of BBH100 right? Wew! 

It was projected #20, but I have to imagine that's going up :skull:

Omg, I didnt know of her but I’ve been seeing nothing but her name for the last couple of days. Decided to give this a listen and it’s IMMACULTE :jonny5:

1 hour ago, raven said:

Oop it’s coming

15 minutes ago, Toxicity. said:

Interscope is gonna go all in on her now like they did for Billie :rip:

As they should :duca: Interscope having the young and up and coming girls only benefits them in the long run! Selena and Gaga aren’t exactly at their commercial peak anymore. 

QueenofCopyPaste

She is sanging that CHORUS!

It makes the song and lyrics so RELATABLE

Filipino EXCELLENCE did that

i still find all of this unexpected and massive success really weird, she must have a really niche and loyal fanbase, but good for ha 

Edited by Antunes
Baby Judas
9 minutes ago, FAN said:

Red lights, stop signs, I still see your face in the white cars :weeps:

That Bridge is really the highlight of this song!! :jonny:

Just now, collin said:

Can someone tell me who this is or where this came from :rip: 

Disney+ High School Musical Reboot as a TV Show  and she’s popular on Tik Tok