Video Games you played recently

JonginBey

Just restarted Pokémon Shield. Aside from my chosen starter, I’m going to try my hardest to build a team of Pokémon I don’t normally use just to freshen things up a bit.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghibli

• ahzark97

• geddymonster

• G.U.Y. Gaga

Okay I finished LiS2 last night actually, I'm actually satisfied with the ending I got and I teared up a little lol.

Today we're gonna start the Switch version of Super Mario Galaxy!

jacklovesyou1

Currently playing driver SF i think i have two more chapters to go.. i'm not a big fan of racing games but i like it the story is good also

On 1/8/2021 at 1:09 AM, JonginBey said:

Just restarted Pokémon Shield. Aside from my chosen starter, I’m going to try my hardest to build a team of Pokémon I don’t normally use just to freshen things up a bit.

You should keep us updated in the Pokémon thread! I love seeing impressions from people stepping outside their comfort zone with their team.

In my first playthrough of Shield, I caught Eldegoss early on & it became the first non-starter pure-grass type that I kept on my team all the way through. Having a diverse and unfamiliar team is fun, because it makes you start being a little more strategic with how you approach battles and your switch-ins.

side-note: Eldegoss isn’t really that great stats wise tbh.. but I did end up LOVING her Cotton Down ability. Good for stat chipping if they have decent def/hp EVs, or for putting an enemy to sleep for a type-advantage pivot. You kinda win either way, hihi.

:sistrens:

JonginBey
59 minutes ago, Anthem said:

You should keep us updated in the Pokémon thread! I love seeing impressions from people stepping outside their comfort zone with their team.

In my first playthrough of Shield, I caught Eldegoss early on & it became the first non-starter pure-grass type that I kept on my team all the way through. Having a diverse and unfamiliar team is fun, because it makes you start being a little more strategic with how you approach battles and your switch-ins.

side-note: Eldegoss isn’t really that great stats wise tbh.. but I did end up LOVING her Cotton Down ability. Good for stat chipping if they have decent def/hp EVs, or for putting an enemy to sleep for a type-advantage pivot. You kinda win either way, hihi.

:sistrens:

Will do!

I’m already failing :rip: So far, my team consists of Grookey and Rookidee (who I’ve definitely used before). Up until this point, there just wasn’t any other Pokémon I wanted–maybe Skwovet (I mean, it’s absolutely adorable :jonny2:but I don’t like its evolution); but I didn’t want Grookey leveling up so fast.

Playting through Super Mario Galaxy again hehehe it's so cute and still holds up well.

Currently playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider and The Witcher 3. Both so amazing:jonny6:

I also finished Fallout 4 a few months ago :heart2:

I’m a bit late but I just got back into video games for the first time since 2016 and I’ve been playing Zelda BOTW. What a perfect game! :jonny:

3 hours ago, Shady said:

I’m a bit late but I just got back into video games for the first time since 2016 and I’ve been playing Zelda BOTW. What a perfect game! :jonny:

The GOAT! :jonny: That was the perfect choice to get back into gaming with.

Scabandplaster

My gamer phase is back in full swing since I got the new Xbox and PS. I've played God of War, both Spider Man games, new COD, and Sayonara Wild Hearts. 

I am giving up on Cyberpunk until there a big upgrades.  :gaycat3:

• ATRL Moderator

only playing warframe at the moment. kinda stopped genshin after the last update. got bored with it. think the next game I'll get will be monster hunter rise 

breaking up

God of War: loved the story! the Kratos/Atreus dynamic was funny and endearing. The gameplay got a bit samey at times. I can see why it won GOTY, though I prefer RDR2.

Cyberpunk was messy at points (stealth just doesn't work), but I had so much fun too. The main story is good and the side missions are a must. It could've been better if they had more time to develop, but as it is I don't think it's a bad game.

On 1/11/2021 at 6:48 AM, breaking up said:

God of War: loved the story! the Kratos/Atreus dynamic was funny and endearing. The gameplay got a bit samey at times. I can see why it won GOTY, though I prefer RDR2.

Cyberpunk was messy at points (stealth just doesn't work), but I had so much fun too. The main story is good and the side missions are a must. It could've been better if they had more time to develop, but as it is I don't think it's a bad game.

I highly recommend to check out this playthrough so you'd have a sense of how stealth in Cyberpunk works. It's a bit different for sure. But after I have a hang of it, any (main) missions can be played pure stealth without ever being detected.

Spoiler

Edit: even more pure stealth plays:

Edited by Rep2000
breaking up
2 hours ago, Rep2000 said:

I highly recommend to check out this playthrough so you'd have a sense of how stealth in Cyberpunk works. It's a bit different for sure. But after I have a hang of it, any (main) missions can be played pure stealth without ever being detected.

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks! I felt so dumb because every time they would notice me somehow. 

Edited by breaking up
The7thStranger

GTA III and Vice City. Classics.

Also, I've been listening to the early Tekken soundtracks a lot as well. The nostalgic is real. Also, Tekken 2's soundtrack is killer music to listen to while you're working.

oTJcaY0.jpg

Despite my play time god damn do I hate Ubisoft copy-paste sandbox BS. The rest though, are :worship2:

Star Wars Jedi - Fallen Order

I was hesitant to start it (since I know nothing about star wars)
but this game is a masterpiece so far :jonny5: the first world is amazing  :jonny5: they don't make games like this anymore

Persona 5 Royal edition

I was really hesitant to buy it because it hasn't been that long since I played the launch edition. And its suchhh a long game.. But it went on sale recently and I've been in a game drought. 

I have not regretted it :jonny5:I loved the original and the new content makes it feel fresh. Truly the most critically acclaimed game of 2020