Video Games you played recently

Ghibli

On 12/22/2021 at 4:51 PM, Jotham said:

I finally finished Jedi Fallen Order the other day and I'm now working on 100%ing the game. That ending was so crazy. :jonny:

Im not into the Star Wars series at all or overly familiar with the lore - but im looking to get into it and also looking for a new game, will i be completely lost starting off with this game?

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mau ®

• NicoleAMatty

• Ghibli

• Silvermoon92

• ATRL Moderator

I'm currently playing Crash Bandicoot 4 and I'm enjoying it so much!! :jonny4:

On 12/31/2021 at 6:10 AM, Homebrand said:

Im not into the Star Wars series at all or overly familiar with the lore - but im looking to get into it and also looking for a new game, will i be completely lost starting off with this game?

No. It’s pretty much a self-contained story. As long as you have a general sense of Star Wars you’ll be fine. They give you enough background in the game to know what’s going on.

Just finished Red Dead Redemption 2. I only just found out this game is a prequel to the first, and that John Marsten is the protagonist of the first game. That's kind of mind-blowing to me, especially since I know nothing about the first game. 

I loved Arthur and John, but the supporting characters felt very one-dimensional. I loved the Epilogue and thought it was a nice surprise and change of pace. 

Spoiler

Going into the game, I was aware that Arthur dies. Nevertheless, it was still pretty sad to watch. I know there are 2 versions of his death, but I got the version where he succumbs to his Tuberculosis at sunrise. It was actually heartbreaking to watch Dutch walking out on him. 

Controls took me a while to get the hang of, but I loved the creativity for some of the mechanics. 

Red Dead Redemption 2 really is an beautiful open world game. However, I feel parts of it narrative falls a bit flat for me. It's hard to explain, but I feel the emotional weight was hampered by how the cutcenes were shot. It almost felt as though some scenes were "drip-fed" to us. 

Edited by Cottonmouth

• ATRL Moderator

started playing Horizon Zero Dawn a week ago and im obsessed now. one part almost made me rage quit tho, that was pretty sad :flower:

Just started Breath of the Wild. The open world is a little overwhelming but I’m enjoying. Just left the plateau. 

Such a cute little game, Little Lady Misfortune is hilarious.

:jonny4:

+ still playing Red Dead Redemption 2.

Finished Super Mario Galaxy a couple of nights ago and most recently jumped back into my play through of Final Fantasy X that I started like a year ago lol.

On 1/3/2022 at 6:47 PM, konaa said:

Just started Breath of the Wild. The open world is a little overwhelming but I’m enjoying. Just left the plateau. 

I really enjoyed the game at the beginning but I became a bit overwhelmed and haven’t touched it in a while. I wish I had the time and patience to put into the game like it so truly desires.

On 1/3/2022 at 1:40 PM, Verge of Obscene said:

started playing Horizon Zero Dawn a week ago and im obsessed now. one part almost made me rage quit tho, that was pretty sad :flower:

I just beat HZD last week!! Then I beat it again the next day on the Ultra Hard difficultly so I could get the final two trophies fffff. I loved it so much :alexz3:

I just started playing Final Fantasy XV because it's the only mainline entry I haven't played yet and PHEW this game is a mess and a half. The driving :deadbanana2: the American southern accents on the NPCs :deadbanana2: The confusing af combat system that's a huge step down from XII and XIII :deadbanana2: Cindy's terrible boob job :deadbanana2: The needlessly complicated magic system :deadbanana2: The HORRID UI on the world map :deadbanana2: This game is like threw a bunch of half-cocked ideas into a blender and called it a day, which is so weird considering the length of the development cycle.

Omg I'm so late but I just started playing Genshin Impact and it's so pretty I live :jonny4:

I'm playing Paper Mario right now at the Shy Guy section. The first time I played the game was on the Virtual Console on the Wii and I enjoyed it but didn't get passed where I am now. Hoping to actually finish this time!

I got the series a for Xmas and am playing forza 5 which I’m enjoying but I’m so bad at turning corners :rip:   

I’m playing Plague tale innocence and I’m quite impressed. Didn’t expect it to be so engrossing and with some fun gameplay 

Currently playing Far Cry 6. Don’t recommend it. Technically is really good, but every Far Cry feels the same to me.

Completed Solar Ash a few days ago. A little pricey for its length, but a cute game.

6 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

Currently playing Far Cry 6. Don’t recommend it. Technically is really good, but every Far Cry feels the same to me.

Completed Solar Ash a few days ago. A little pricey for its length, but a cute game.

but if it's my first far cry, i will like it?

33 minutes ago, Rihabelye said:

but if it's my first far cry, i will like it?

You probably will. Depends if you like the genre because the story is ok and there’s a lot of stuff to do, but the majority of side activities are quite repetitive in true Ubisoft fashion.

Haven't played many games in the last 2 weeks because I've gotten the chance to build a big video game pitch! I have 2 more months but since the start of the holiday I've been spending every waking hour building a sci Fi/fantasy universe, doing concept work, storyboarding, creating characters and narrative plot points. Plan is for a 3rd person narrative driven action adventure. Any of you girls have skills with sketching? Looking for semi realistic, lightly-stylized character portrait concepts. I can provide you with info if interested. Doing what I can myself but damn I def bit off more than I can chew. :deadbanana2:

Obviously paid work, but I'm looking for quality! So only if you are truly a good illustrator. I am decent but there is so much work to be done. Lmao anyway it feels amazing to have a project to be working on. 

On 12/31/2021 at 3:10 AM, Homebrand said:

Not really, no. It helps to have a general idea of the original or prequel trilogy but the game explains a lot of it as the story progresses.

I'm very late to the party but I've been playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey a lot after finishing JFO and now I know why people love it so much. :jonny:

Spoiler

I just finished the symposium quests and the scene with Aristophanes and Euripedes had me in hysterics. :ahh: I couldn't stop laughing during the singing game. I love that there's all these random scenarios you can get into just by interacting with NPCs.

On 1/11/2022 at 11:50 AM, BNF91 said:

Haven't played many games in the last 2 weeks because I've gotten the chance to build a big video game pitch! I have 2 more months but since the start of the holiday I've been spending every waking hour building a sci Fi/fantasy universe, doing concept work, storyboarding, creating characters and narrative plot points. Plan is for a 3rd person narrative driven action adventure. Any of you girls have skills with sketching? Looking for semi realistic, lightly-stylized character portrait concepts. I can provide you with info if interested. Doing what I can myself but damn I def bit off more than I can chew. :deadbanana2:

Obviously paid work, but I'm looking for quality! So only if you are truly a good illustrator. I am decent but there is so much work to be done. Lmao anyway it feels amazing to have a project to be working on. 

congrats yo

On 1/5/2022 at 9:05 PM, P!nk said:

I really enjoyed the game at the beginning but I became a bit overwhelmed and haven’t touched it in a while. I wish I had the time and patience to put into the game like it so truly desires.

I've just started BOTW for the first time and yeah, it's quite overwhelming! I'm just about to try and take over the second Divine Beast, it's so stressful :weeps:

Just finished Tales of Berseria, whew what a game, how did I miss this when it came out? Velvet is an icon and Magilou is a legend :WAP: