dabunique
12 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

With Meg in the same category?

2eiWxZF.gif

And? She’s more talented than Meg. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
2 hours ago, dabunique said:

problem is: Meg has a story and narrative is very important in the politics of award shows.

if anything Phoebe might have a stronger chance if Doja takes enough votes away from Meg but I wonder if Doja can be a dark horse in best pop solo since all of those pop stars can vote split (Taylor/Dua/Billie)

gELUCH6.gif

Bey'Knight
On 1/2/2021 at 11:50 PM, Almost Home said:

Well exile benefits from the rest of the category being much more cookie cuter and less traditional so it's definitely sticking out also Bon Iver being on the track def helps

I do think ROM will win also but I wouldn't write it off just yet

folklore is def a front-runner for AOTY too and there's no way around it as the voters don't really care if she's won 2x AOTY so far as long as she's there they'll vote for her if they want to

ezgif-7-802d8427fbd4.thumb.gif.e66f5bb9d

On 1/2/2021 at 11:56 PM, Almost Home said:

It's very difficult to win a third AOTY there's no need to write essays to defend her loss (if it happens!)

Arent you contradicting yourself sis ?

Almost Home
Just now, Bey'Knight said:

Arent you contradicting yourself sis ?

I'm just theorizing ma'am just in case it doesn't happen 

Almost Home
3 hours ago, dabunique said:

This is false and Doja's submissions are inferior to Meg's too

dabunique
5 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

This is false and Doja's submissions are inferior to Meg's too

Ma’am where r ur receipts for your lies 

Bey'Knight
9 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

I'm just theorizing ma'am just in case it doesn't happen 

So what are your actual thoughts? You’re safe to speak your mind amongst the sistren :eli:

Almost Home
Just now, Bey'Knight said:

So what are your actual thoughts? You’re safe to speak your mind amongst the sistren :eli:

I still think folklore will win honestly 

Almost Home
6 minutes ago, dabunique said:

Ma’am where r ur receipts for your lies 

Literally her Grammy noms :foxaylove2:

dabunique
8 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

Literally her Grammy noms :foxaylove2:

That doesn’t mean ****. Come back to me when Meg can actually sing and produce her tracks 

chaneloberlin

I posted it in another thread but let me post my #predicitions here too.

AOTY:

should win: Chilombo, future nostalgia (the narrative of a great escapism pop album while the clubs were shut is great, she could really win on this) 

will win: folklore because the critics said a great record and evermore helped with the publicity of that album

SOTY:

should win: Don't Start Now / BLACK PARADE

will win: Don't Start Now (or Circles :rip:)

ROTY:

should win - Savage / ROCKSTAR

will win - Savage / ROCKSTAR

BNA:

should win: Megan

will win: Phoebe Bridgers (no shade to her).

It just hit me that there are 3 different female rappers in BNA, and Doja is very melodic (which appeals to some voters, more than others), Chika is more lyrical rap girl (again, appealing) and Megan is the most successful / visible out of the three right now, so maybe the female rap vote gets split and Phoebe takes it.

chaneloberlin

chaneloberlin

pop solo - don't start now or watermelon sugar

pop duo - just give it to BTS, honestly

pop album - future nostalgia

rap album - nas (pop smoke deserved)

rap performance - WHATS POPPIN / dior

rap song - the bigger picture

melodic rap peformance - savage

r&b performance - black parade 

progressive r&b - chilombo

traditional r&b performance - chloe x halle

r&b song - do it

r&b album - john legend (i want giveon to win though)

chaneloberlin

Bey'Knight
3 hours ago, Almost Home said:

I still think folklore will win honestly 

There’s nothing wrong with that line of thinking.  

As long as Taylor finally wins SOTY, Dua can win everything else. But I do think Dua will get Pop Solo and one win in the general field while Taylor keeps the rest.

I’m open to looking like a clown (cause who cares?), but after the backlash and ongoing narrative of Beyoncé’s relationship with the Grammys post-Lemonade, there’s no way she walks away without at least one win in the General Field after using her name to lead nominations.  She’s also rumored to perform.  Savage will take ROTY or Black Parade SOTY.

There’s no way white women sweep AOTY, ROTY and SOTY in a year where the academy has made such a big deal about adding a diversity & inclusion panel.  Especially not after the social, racial and political climate of 2020.

I’m open to being wrong, but I’d be shocked this time around.

1 hour ago, XXX. said:

I’m open to looking like a clown (cause who cares?), but after the backlash and ongoing narrative of Beyoncé’s relationship with the Grammys post-Lemonade, there’s no way she walks away without at least one win in the General Field after using her name to lead nominations.  She’s also rumored to perform.  Savage will take ROTY or Black Parade SOTY.

There’s no way white women sweep AOTY, ROTY and SOTY in a year where the academy has made such a big deal about adding a diversity & inclusion panel.  Especially not after the social, racial and political climate of 2020.

I’m open to being wrong, but I’d be shocked this time around.

I thought this too until I realised the Grammys truly don’t give a **** :emofish:

But I wouldn’t be surprised if BP won SOTY actually and it wouldn’t be undeserving either

dussel_06

I want Dua to win AOTY so she can move to no. 2 spot as the Gen Z Main Pop Girl next to Billie (No. 1). 
 Non-AOTY winner Ari will politely moved to no. 3 unless she win with positions next year. :chick1:

Dua might sweep just putting it out there... but Taylor is the frontrunner. Dua has been campaigning a lot during december with NPR concert, SNL, Future Nostalgia live event, performances left and right while Taylor was absent and just let word of mouth do everything and media attention. We 'll see come Jan 31 which one worked better.

44 minutes ago, kayliah said:

Dua might sweep just putting it out there... but Taylor is the frontrunner. Dua has been campaigning a lot during december with NPR concert, SNL, Future Nostalgia live event, performances left and right while Taylor was absent and just let word of mouth do everything and media attention. We 'll see come Jan 31 which one worked better.

Taylor Swift basically released a new (acclaimed) album during voting period. There's no better promo than that :skull: 

Not to mention that Long Pond sessions performances of Folklore she released the day of the nominations.