• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almost Home

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Bicassie

• mxoonlight

fridayteenage

Can you say with certainty that a show in some form or another will happen on March 14th?

We will continue to watch what happens and make a decision. We’re trying to be very adaptive and also very respectful. So our plan is to have our show on March 14th.

So basically, no.

3 hours ago, Janet said:

tradition? who cares if there's a real ceremony or not :rip: 

it's just clear incompetence in terms of planning and scheduling 

This is how they are making money.  Nobody wants to see a bunch of zoom videos

tradition

We’re trying to be very adaptive and also very respectful. 

LMAO Can't they just accept they're afraid to flop with the ceremony? The Emmys flopped, the latin grammys have always been kind of a flop too, they don't want to do a virtual show. Some authority in LA should forbid them to make a live show for the entire year, only that way these assholes can accept that a virtual show is the actual most respectful way to do it in these times.

mariahcarey

I won't be watching and don't care unless Adele is there

EuXFegr.gif

I feel like this and every other award show will end up getting delayed to May/June. By then enough people should be vaccinated that things are fairly normal again. I hope.

loveofpopculture

Taylor should open the show with a medley of "The 1", "Cardigan" and "Exile" featuring Bon Iver. I could see Beyoncé performing both "Black Parade" and "Savage" with Megan Thee Stallion. Also expecting performances from Dua Lipa, Post Malone, Justin Bieber, Harry Styles and Doja Cat. Also possible Billie could perform either "Everything I Wanted" or new song and Adele could do her debut single from next album but I don't see that.  

Edited by loveofpopculture
Almost Home
20 hours ago, gotportugal said:

Trying to keep @Almost Home's thread from flopping

giphy11_zpskawoeozz.gif

It's on life support till March (at least!)

giphy11_zpskawoeozz.gif

gotportugal
1 hour ago, Almost Home said:

It's on life support till March (at least!)

giphy11_zpskawoeozz.gif

Madison Beer's impact already, GRAMMYs 2022 get ready for ha

giphy11_zpskawoeozz.gif

Miss Americana

The female Frank Sinatra would have won her 3rd AOTY in 6 days.....

BUT THEY SAID NO....AND PUSHED IT BACK :monkey:

This is misogyny, I fear.... :dancehall2:

They killed any hype left The Shammys had this year

I hope they are still forced to do a virtual show on March 14th.

the votes are in right? can a gay intern just leak the winners :lakitu: nvm they don't have gay interns

They will have a virtual show in March anyway, all the hype will dead by then and the rating will hit a historic low. Also, didn't three nominees reject their noms in the Best Children Album category? This edition is cursed, I guess The Weeknd will have the last laugh. 

On 1/25/2021 at 4:58 AM, Green said:

They killed any hype left The Shammys had this year

I hope they are still forced to do a virtual show on March 14th.

They really think 1 month will make that much a difference 

grammy.jpg

Grammy Awards: Details Emerge About Rescheduled, Audience-Free Show

The ceremony will be held in the outdoor portion of the Los Angeles Convention Center, with the show’s traditional home of the Staples Center — which is located essentially next door — as the backdrop.

There will be no audience, although a small number of media will be attending, and plans call for a live red carpet broadcast featuring performers and presenters. Most members of the media have already registered for virtual screenings.

A number of live performances are planned, but many are likely to be pre-recorded, possibly at venues other than the Convention Center.

Full article

3lMq.gif

Edited by Feanor

panned flop with terrible ratings incoming 

3lMq.gif

by the end of this decade they’ll be as prestigious as vmas 

3lMq.gif

i keep forgetting that these are still supposed to happen this year (because they just wouldn't organise a remote concept for the show from the start) 

Almost Home

Since the Grammy Awards were moved from Jan. 31 to March 14, updates have been few and far between, but a number of details have begun to emerge about how the show will be run, sources tell Variety, although as with everything during a pandemic, it’s all subject to change. A rep for the show declined Variety‘s requests for comment.

The ceremony will be held in the outdoor portion of the Los Angeles Convention Center, with the show’s traditional home of the Staples Center — which is located essentially next door — as the backdrop.

There will be no audience, although a small number of media will be attending, and plans call for a live red carpet broadcast featuring performers and presenters. Most members of the media have already registered for virtual screenings.

A number of live performances are planned, but many are likely to be pre-recorded, possibly at venues other than the Convention Center.

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/grammy-awards-details-no-audience-1234897775/

The way they delayed for no reason :ahh:

Almost Home
On 2/6/2021 at 12:08 PM, QueenofCopyPaste said:

lmao no audience

And to think they pushed it back in hopes of being able to hold a traditional ceremony. The clownery I- :deadbanana4: