The 63rd GRAMMYs - folklore wins AOTY

Almost Home

• #FreeBritney Activist
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, XXX. said:

I’m open to looking like a clown (cause who cares?), but after the backlash and ongoing narrative of Beyoncé’s relationship with the Grammys post-Lemonade, there’s no way she walks away without at least one win in the General Field after using her name to lead nominations.  She’s also rumored to perform.  Savage will take ROTY or Black Parade SOTY.

There’s no way white women sweep AOTY, ROTY and SOTY in a year where the academy has made such a big deal about adding a diversity & inclusion panel.  Especially not after the social, racial and political climate of 2020.

I’m open to being wrong, but I’d be shocked this time around.

I feel like people say this and we see what we see every year.

There's no reason for the grammy's to give a sympathetic award so that white women don't sweep when in reality more white woman released during 2020 than black women. Now this year we are going to get alot more women of color to release so in 2022 they will clean up.

If Beyonce won SOTY with BP it'd be out of pity and that would make it worse. 

Savage I could see it. I don't really see it overtaking a legit smash like Don't start now and that category has been known to actual hits so at least Savage has a change but usually a bigger hit get this one.

I think what they will do is have Beyonce win the most (3-4), Meg win at least two including best new artist and Meg can be a part of the diversity in the BIG 4 even if I am rooting for Phoebe in that category. I also expect Chloe and Halle to win. Brittany Howard and roddy rich will win as well.

They will have alot of first time wins for black artists and it wouldn't be a good look to openly use politics to award songs that the GP (not even stanbases supported) when they already did it once with This is america and he didn't even show up.

tumblr_inline_oljw9iImtJ1synt1f_500.gif

4 hours ago, Cain said:

But I wouldn’t be surprised if BP won SOTY actually and it wouldn’t be undeserving either

Lies. BP is not a good song OR SOTY material but politics can play a factor in an underserving WIN

I could see it winning in the R&B category but i hope not because it doesn't deserve. Beyonce should win video, film and 1 for savage remix. Anything else would be undeserved.

Edited by slw84

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Almost Home

• Bicassie

• mxoonlight

• #FreeBritney Activist
38 minutes ago, Green said:

Taylor Swift basically released a new (acclaimed) album during voting period. There's no better promo than that :skull: 

Not to mention that Long Pond sessions performances of Folklore she released the day of the nominations.

Yes, Taylor is likely getting her 3rd AOTY

Dua is likely getting the pop awards minus pop duo

Beyonce 4-

Dua 2 or 3-

Taylor 2 or 3-

Meg at least 2-

Brittany 1-2-

Legend FIONA 1-3-

Roddy Rich 1-2 which might include Da baby

Lil baby-1

Jhene-1

Chloe and Halle-1

Nas-1

Bad bunny-1

Billie eillish-1

I didn't look into the country ones but hopefully Miranda collects hers.

This list is very eclectic and there is a chance for a lot of first time black winners so unless they give (I said give) ROTY to Savage remix I think total wins alone could be diverse enough to have taylor and dua and meg/phoebe take the big 4 home.

I'm confused... did they think covid was going to be gone by the end of jan? :rip:

Edited by raven

10 minutes ago, raven said:

I'm confused... did they think covid was going to be gone by the end of jan? :rip:

And: now they think it's going to be gone by march?

:coffee2:

What are they winning with a 2 months period?

• #FreeBritney Activist
14 minutes ago, raven said:

a mess

not surprising though

• ATRL Moderator

can't they just release the results online and have the artists perform at home?

The way the VMAs, AMAs, and BBMAs all had a competent enough team to pull it off yet the Shammys can't :toofunny3: Karma for snubbing Abel. I hope the ratings tank this year :cm:

• #FreeBritney Activist
7 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

The way the VMAs, AMAs, and BBMAs all had a competent enough team to pull it off yet the Shammys can't :toofunny3: Karma for snubbing Abel. I hope the ratings tank this year :cm:

It might actually work for them. January is a very depressing month. March might end up being a good month ratings wise.

11 minutes ago, eaucitronnée said:

can't they just release the results online and have the artists perform at home?

I don't understand why they didn't go virtual with pre-recorded performances when they knew LA was one of the hardest hit spots since the start of the pandemic :rip: 

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 minute ago, Almost Home said:

I don't understand why they didn't go virtual with pre-recorded performances when they knew LA was one of the hardest hit spots since the start of the pandemic :rip: 

Maybe they thought the restrictions Newsom placed on California would cause a decline not result in a surge.

My thing is why wait until after the voting period unless they did that so that the votes wouldn't be altered/impacted.:coffee2:

12 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

It's not lack of competence it's probably refusal to adapt and wanting to carry on with a more traditional ceremony when they knew no one is gonna quarantine to attend/perform at the Grammys if the pandemic doesn't calm down I-:deadbanana4:

2 minutes ago, slw84 said:

Maybe they thought the restrictions Newsom placed on California would cause a decline not result in a surge.

My thing is why wait until after the voting period unless they did that so that the votes wouldn't be altered/impacted.:coffee2:

That's probably the only good decision in this entire ordeal. :foxaylove2:

• #FreeBritney Activist
2 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

That's probably the only good decision in this entire ordeal. :foxaylove2:

Yeah i think they knew by late Nov/Dec they were going to postpone but kudos for them keeping the integrity of the voting in place.

22 minutes ago, slw84 said:

what an...interesting interpretation.

anyway they should go virtual

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 minute ago, fridayteenage said:

what an...interesting interpretation.

anyway they should go virtual

cases are back on the rise. I think they thought the approach to model after New York was going to work in their favor and they'd pull off the award show.

1 hour ago, eaucitronnée said:

They could but they won’t cause of tradition

sad tbh

The Grinch

They should move the award ceremony to Florida, Texas or Georgia since those states are fully open. Having award shows in California or New York will trigger delays. Tampa, Florida is still hosting the SuperBowl. 

The BET Awards pulled off their show the best in 2020.

The Grammys might as well start filming the performances now. 

9 hours ago, The Grinch said:

They should move the award ceremony to Florida, Texas or Georgia since those states are fully open. Having award shows in California or New York will trigger delays. Tampa, Florida is still hosting the SuperBowl. 

A lot of artists won't attend even in that case, considering that most of them were asking people to stay home during this holiday. It would paint them as covid hypocrite.

The Grinch
7 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

A lot of artists won't attend even in that case, considering that most of them were asking people to stay home during this holiday. It would paint them as covid hypocrite.

NFL players are being rapid tested prior to their games and award shows can do the same for their attendees. It’s also illogical at this point for award shows to even consider hosting ceremonies in NY or Cali when there is a handful of states that will host them. 

Just now, The Grinch said:

NFL players are being rapid tested prior to their games and award shows can do the same for their attendees. It’s also illogical at this point for award shows to even consider hosting ceremonies in NY or Cali when there is a handful of states that will host them. 

Different industry, different standards. NFL players don't have the same say over these events like the artists.

The whole Grammy show is clownery at this point. Snubbing Abel only to delay the show 2 months later. Truly :clown:.

17 hours ago, R.E.M. said:

even Emmys did it well

13 hours ago, Russell22 said:

So they snubbed abel for nothing :rip:

this too :dies:

• #FreeBritney Activist
7 hours ago, The Grinch said:

Fair point.