• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almost Home

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Bicassie

• mxoonlight

MusicTalker

Re: folklore winning - I knew it was coming ever since folklore’s release week. When I saw the other noms - I knew it was over for everyone else.

It was very obvious given who she is and the image/sound of the era. Folksy songwriting woodsy aura white girl with 2 previous wins/Grammy darling was the ultimate shoe-in. Her competition wasn’t exactly strong in the category either. I was rooting for future nostalgia but I knew realistically that was never happening. 

I just feel this weird disconnect where the industry has tried everything in its power to convince me Taylor is the pinnacle of musical excellence and quality and I am just not buying what they’re selling. I guess it comes down to personal taste but I just have a disconnect with what I’m being convinced to think about her by all these establishments. 

regardless, I do believe she is talented and not undeserving,  though, so I don’t want to rain on the celebration, but those are my honest thoughts.

Thinking Of You
5 minutes ago, By the Water said:

What are you trying to say, missy?

Evpc5hFXIAE-lYK.jpeg?width=610&height=634

From wearing those heels all night babygirl Evpc5hFXIAE-lYK.jpeg?width=610&height=63

ReverseWarholian
41 minutes ago, 3 am said:

Omg this goes so hard :WAP:

Starchild
20 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

From wearing those heels all night babygirl Evpc5hFXIAE-lYK.jpeg?width=610&height=63

The way you just post dumb try hard shade then run :bibliahh:a loser 

Taylor making history and joining a club of only literal legends :jonny5:

OnlyManInTheWorld

Can you tell me why ROTY is presented last and treated like the main prize of the night???

Edited by OnlyManInTheWorld
1 hour ago, Thinking Of You said:

I know her knees hurt :bibliahh:

Suffer

Evpc5hFXIAE-lYK.jpeg?width=610&height=63

Edited by Nexto

Anyway, I'm SOOO happy for Taylor. :jonny: Winning AOTY three times this feels so unreal. 

simplywohoo

So happy dua won an award! It Might not be the sweep some expected but a grammy is a grammy :heart:

DevonRoars

I really thought they wouldn’t be predictable this year based on how interesting the nominations were, but no.. predictable AND boring.

bluebirdsforever
31 minutes ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

Can you tell me why ROTY is presented last and treated like the main prize of the night???

They keep trying but no one bites

5 minutes ago, DevonRoars said:

I really thought they wouldn’t be predictable this year based on how interesting the nominations were, but no.. predictable AND boring.

Tbh the only predictable win was folklore's? SOTY, ROTY, Pop Album, Pop Solo and even Pop Duo to an extent were all unexpected wins

Add that up with the surprise Beyonce appearance (and record breaking wins), and you have a pretty good Grammys overall

Edited by bluebirdsforever
Archetype

HAIM did amazing, I'm so proud of them 

I've been a huge fan since they started teasing their first singles and EP, and now they're killing it at the Grammys 

DevonRoars
4 minutes ago, bluebirdsforever said:

They keep trying but no one bites

Tbh the only predictable win was folklore's? SOTY, ROTY, Pop Album, Pop Solo and even Pop Duo to an extent were all unexpected wins

Add that up with the surprise Beyonce appearance (and record breaking wins), and you have a pretty good Grammys overall

Grammy favorites Taylor, Billie, Beyoncé, and HER winning? It wasn’t unexpected to me.

Toxic Masculinity

a grammy boycott is never gonna work when The Carters show up in their best dressed outfits, this is all pointless to me

Edited by Toxic Masculinity
Kylizzle
15 minutes ago, DevonRoars said:

No one predicted the HER song or Billie. :skull: 

hungrymuffin
2 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

The yee haw girl got one award. Relax. Nobody was hyped to see her yodel and frolic around the stage

2 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

I know her knees hurt :bibliahh:

this OTH again:rip: you cant just celebrate ariana win without dragging someone else pathetic and delusional as usual 

franklin
1 hour ago, Prison said:

Poor girl being so sure only for The Lord to win one measly award aka ALBUM OF THE YEAR :ahh: 

Fume @Thinking Of You

PLEASEEE :bibliahh:

Katy Kats really took an L tonight ahhh

GODga and Taylord snatching HISTORIC wins 

Evpc5hFXIAE-lYK.jpeg?width=610&height=63

hungrymuffin
10 minutes ago, DevonRoars said:

Grammy favorites Taylor, Billie, Beyoncé, and HER winning? It wasn’t unexpected to me.

Taylor?:rip: i dont understand why people still push the narrative she is a grammys darling look at her ratio:dies:

DiamondHoe

Wow I feel bad for Dua. She worked so hard and released the actual AOTY only to walk away from the ceremony with one award. Not even general field either

If Taylor had won BPVA and Dua AOTY instead, it would feel much more deserved 

Coklek92
15 minutes ago, hungrymuffin said:

Taylor?:rip: i dont understand why people still push the narrative she is a grammys darling look at her ratio:dies:

Ikr, people keeps accusing Grammy for kissing her ass when in reality she rarely sweep the awards and often get snubbed for nomination.

chris1991

Folklore felt like such a non event. I maybe skimmed through the album....She made the album so for the Grammys so not surprised she took it.

Vorfreude

Dua deserved that ROTY! I'm more than ok with the winners but Everything I Wanted was not a ROTY lmao

ariananext

I'm so annoyed I can't find a good video of Billie, Megan or Doja performances!!! Why can't they just upload them

ariananext

I wish they hadn't snubbed Abel cause they lost a lot of credibility to me now. I love awards mostly for performances and looks, them being exposed for being corrupt kinda takes away the fun of the prizes. Anyways the winners felt appropriate and I'm happy with the results! The performances were great too, I liked the setting with the tables instead of the audience to be honest!