The 63rd GRAMMYs - folklore wins AOTY

Oktober Knight

All the ODHs that shouted Dua gets all the PaYoLa!!!111! can take a fcking seat now. :lakitu:

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almost Home

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Bicassie

• mxoonlight

Bicassie

Billie's song is good but ROTY was a lil questionable.....DSN/Savage were right there.....

fE60OPZ.gif

gettsleazy
Just now, Starchild said:

almost no love for men 

You can tell they're really trying to save face after the Deborah Duggan bombshell. Tonight was very performative and I hope they keep their word on the promises they're making. 

QueenofCopyPaste

So, apparently Cardi was feeling ill and tired tonight. It showed in her performance but she still gave her all :flame:

Music2002
5 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

I like S.H.E. but :eli:

is this true? because I just posted and mentioned how obvious of an industry plant she is. She has mediocre commercial success to begin with. Secondly, she has no critical acclaim, like at all. Look at the wikipedia pages for her albums. Her albums get no reviews whatsoever, not even pitchfork or rolling stone. She gets nominated for the General Fields literally every single year despite being irrelevant in the most possible way. If they wanted to properly award black artists, The Weeknd is right there.

Bicassie
2 minutes ago, Sugarboo said:

DSN deserved a grammy :cries:

It's atleast on a grammy award winning album 

fE60OPZ.gif

Venice B

I'm surprised at Dua not winning ROTY tbh... everything i wanted is an amazing song but don't start now was a smash :jonny6:

bad guy

Billie's next album is either gonna sweep once again or go home with nothing. I think the Grammy's should let the other girls breathe for a bit, let her get another one for BE3.

fE60OPZ.gif

Blankspace2010
6 minutes ago, Vorfreude said:

Just ONE grammy for FN?! She deserved that ROTY!!!

Who is FN? Can y’all take 1 extra second and stop abbreviating everything :toofunny2:

Edit; clicked it’s an album not an artist. Hkhuvkhcv

Edited by Blankspace2010
Ms. Togekiss

this nigh was good overall. Most girls won something plus that industry plant Twink Jacob LOST AOTY and BTS LOST for their disgusting song and the performance was a sh*tshow too so I am content with the evening

fE60OPZ.gif 

gettsleazy

I think this year showed the power is going back to the artists and not the execs. You could tell the Academy NEEDED Beyonce and Taylor there. 

chris1991

The girls and “pop”ular music kind of ate this year! 

Pop music making a comeback!

Thinking Of You
Just now, gettsleazy said:

I think this year showed the power is going back to the artists and not the execs. You could tell the Academy NEEDED Beyonce and Taylor there. 

The yee haw girl got one award. Relax. Nobody was hyped to see her yodel and frolic around the stage

Music2002
4 minutes ago, Ricanaire said:

all facts :WAP:

my sister thought HER was Rihanna for a second. :deadbanana4: I feel like The Grammys gave her that award so they can be like “we aren’t racist!”

If they wanted to adequately award black artists, just give The Weeknd his rightfully deserved awards. He has BOTH critical acclaim and commercial success. You also have Megan, Doja, Beyonce, DaBaby, Roddy Ricch, and even Beyonce. There are so many other way to honor black artists who actually are of outstanding merit.

I love I Can't Breathe's message, but I feel like a good message alone doesn't automatically mean the song is good. The song only has 8.6 million streams on Spotify, so clearly the song didn't connect with the GP whatsoever. The Grammy's random obsession with H.E.R. is just weird, and just screams industry plant.

gettsleazy
1 minute ago, Thinking Of You said:

The yee haw girl got one award. Relax. Nobody was hyped to see her yodel and frolic around the stage

You're delusional if you don't think Taylor draws a huge audience. I guarantee you many were tuning in to see her yodel and frolic! :1stplace:

Thinking Of You
Just now, Arrows said:

Billie winning ROTY two years in a ROW! Has this ever been done before??

Norah Jones 

G.U.Y. Gaga

How ye-haw girl lose all her pop categories and Producer of the Year and still win Album of the Year?

You know what they say, if you wanna get an Oscar, you gotta suck an Oscar Meyer. So, I can see her doing the same for a GRAMMY

Too be fair AOTY is voted differently than everything else 

Headlock
31 minutes ago, infrared said:

they hate seeing black women succeed in the main 4 :ace:

I agree with the sentiment but black women did win 2/4 GF Grammys tonight.

99sandthe2000s

Norah Jones 

+ Roberta Flack (1973, 1974)

• #FreeBritney Activist
Cruel Summer
Just now, Arrows said:

Billie winning ROTY two years in a ROW! Has this ever been done before??

1973 and 1974, songs by Roberta Flack produced by Joel Dorn. Then again in 2001 and 2002 with a couple U2 songs.

• #FreeBritney Activist
Cruel Summer
4 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Norah Jones 

She was 2003 and 2005.