• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Overprotected

• clue

• miguel

• Navyofbadgals

We did it y’all 

ApwZe5J.png

SG Lewis - Chemicals - Yup still goes off as it did when Me and Bagels sent this for the team round on ATRL’s Song Contest 2020 and I think it was also the #1 song that round if I remember correctly which is difficult to get btw not everyone has that!

LAUREL - Scream Drive Faster - Yup another ASC classic, her voice is very generic indie girl tho...

Olivia Rodrigo - drivers license - Very underwhelming considering the hype around this girl/song and yeah it sounds like a Lorde knock off… 

Regina Spektor - Samson - Wow this was nothing

Raye - Please Don’t Touch - This is so meh, her voice gets annoying at parts too, sorry to the Natalie Don’t Songstress

Frank Ocean - Pink+White - Yes this is very nice and pleasant to listen to, I like it

Ryn Weaver - Octahate - I think it’s cute!

Raye - Regardless - This kinda sounds like a One Kiss knock off but it’s better than her other song here at least 

Vanessa Williams - Save the Best for Last - What is this :bibliahh: 

GFRIEND - MAGO - Passed me by and left no impression on me

Shania Twain - From This Moment On - That Don’t Impress Me Much or When were right there sis!

Ryn Weaver - Sail On - This is also cute if not a bit cuter than her other song this round :zachpoor: 

Normani - Motivation - This Yours Truly’d bop :katie2: 

Erykah Badu - On & On - I kinda like it but I’m also bored

Auburn pandered songs panned purr

SG Lewis - Chemicals - bop

LAUREL - Scream Drive Faster - cute

Olivia Rodrigo - drivers license - YUP

Regina Spektor - Samson - i’m not really feeling it

Raye - Please Don’t Touch - not really bad but pretty plain and generic

Frank Ocean - Pink+White - icon

Ryn Weaver - Octahate - it’s alright. have never really gotten into her music

Raye - Regardless - this one is much better than the other song from her this round

Vanessa Williams - Save the Best for Last - not terrible but not really something i would listen to on my own

GFRIEND - MAGO - it’s cute

Shania Twain - From This Moment On - out of all of her songs (and all of the artists you could’ve picked this round)... why?

Ryn Weaver - Sail On - it’s alright [2] i like her other song this round more

Normani - Motivation - YUP

Erykah Badu - On & On - not feeling it

:celestial3:

33 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Universal acclaim purr 

generally favorable reviews now, but I’m stable which is a very good sign 

giphy.gif

SG Lewis - Chemicals - this is so groovy and catchy

LAUREL - Scream Drive Faster - oh wow this is great 

Olivia Rodrigo - drivers license - cute cute sing

Regina Spektor - Samson - this is beautiful 

Raye - Please Don’t Touch - this is a bop and I like the lyrics 

Frank Ocean - Pink+White - excellent excellent song from an excellent album :heart:

Ryn Weaver - Octahate - it's a nice song 

Raye - Regardless - I really like this, very groovy also 

Vanessa Williams - Save the Best for Last - a great classic 

GFRIEND - MAGO - this is very fun :hippo:

Shania Twain - From This Moment On - not this version chile, the solo version is much better but I still like this classic. 

Ryn Weaver - Sail On - cute cute sing 

Normani - Motivation - big big bop that deserved to be bigger 

Erykah Badu - On & On -this iconic queen, I LOVE this  

SG Lewis - Chemicals

love this bop

LAUREL - Scream Drive Faster

love the synths yup

Olivia Rodrigo - drivers license

I’m going to support cause filipina excellence but this is so :rip: the bridge is very Lorde though which I like so this gets some points

Regina Spektor - Samson

lovely vocals, pretty song yeah

Raye - Please Don’t Touch

omg love listening to this in the car

Frank Ocean - Pink+White

yup this is really good

Ryn Weaver - Octahate

idk why but the chorus bothers me so much, other than that it’s fine

Raye - Regardless

sounds like excellence to me

Vanessa Williams - Save the Best for Last

if it wasn’t for the nostalgia I would have ranked this lower

GFRIEND - MAGO

wait this is a bop whew

Shania Twain - From This Moment On

interesting choice.... 

Ryn Weaver - Sail On

worse than the other Ryn song but it’s not that bad

Normani - Motivation

best Normani song, anyways it’s a bop yeah

Erykah Badu - On & On

I dig this one, a good closer to this list

Chemicals: this was quite nice

Scream Drive Faster: this is a bop yeah I guess but not my favorite amongst the bops here

drivers license: I love this song but I wish you an ounce of luck

Samson: a snooze 

Please Don’t Touch: huuuuge bop love this

Pink + White: never got into him but this is nice

OctaHate: YASSSSSSSSSS best song ever

Regardless: another amazing song whew 

Save the Best For Last: quite a snooze

MAGO: YUPPPPPP their absolute serve like

From This Moment On: this is awful mamas 

Sail On: BEST SONG OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!

Motivation: this aged kinda badly but it’s still cute for a quick bopiana

On & On: sorry very not into this 

d6aymjf-0edc0534-e8b7-4481-bfca-9db281f8e515.gif?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMzcwMWE3NWItOTc0OC00NjVlLWI3MWEtNGMxMzcxYmJiNDY1XC9kNmF5bWpmLTBlZGMwNTM0LWU4YjctNDQ4MS1iZmNhLTlkYjI4MWY4ZTUxNS5naWYifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.l9gEPdluYPM6bMjsx2AbgShD2496LGVjm1h7Yz91FPkSvSL0s7.png

presented by Anthem

Spoiler

SG Lewis - "Chemicals"
This is a cute lil summer song to listen to while driving home from the beach. I like the bass line, and appreciate it's power to wrap the song up in some really good disco-funk vibes. There isn't anything particularly captivating about this track though, and I know I'm going to completely forget how it sounds by the time I'm finished this playlist. It's very good ambiance, but it doesn't give much beyond that for me. Not a bad start, though.

LAUREL - "Scream Drive Faster"
I loved this! I really enjoy the personalized delivery of 80s-electronica here, and think it would stand out among the waves of music we have been getting that were inspired by that decade. This certainly feels like it holds it's own in every regard. There's some really good pacing, lead by some wonderful percussions, and that distinct tone & feeling is perfectly carried throughout the entire track. Wonderful entry.

Olivia Rodrigo - "drivers license"
There are certain parts of this song that hit a cord with me, and feel like a direct reflection of some stuff I've been through. Then there are some other parts that just feel like a little girl whining lyrics she thinks are deeper than they actually are. Olivia has a lot of potential as a songwriter though, and this song for the most part is a cute showcase of that. I like the subtle rhythm increases as the song prepares for a full ramp up into a haunting choir. It's an okay song, and kind of an easy choice for this round lol.

Regina Spektor - "Samson"
There's something about Regina that makes me feel comfortable. I think it's the way she completely and unapologetically injects her full character into every song - it has a familiarity to it. Anyway, this song is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous and so well crafted. "And the history books forgot about us; and the Bible didn't mention us.. not even once" :cries: The way her arrangement gives the perfect canvas for the equally somber yet sharp lyrics. This is definitely a major highlight for this round, maybe even my top pick.

Raye - "Please Don’t Touch"
I really liked the writing in this song. Albeit simple and straightforward, it works for the concept and fragility that is being presented. And the production is fantastic, I think the synths are really smooth. I don't like the way the song starts, for some reason it just feels a little generic, but it picks up with the pre-chorus and then never touches the ground again. Good entry! I'm going to add this to my Liked Songs playlist.

Frank Ocean - "Pink+White"
Unfortunately, this was really boring for me and killed the mood of the playlist. It felt like I was just put on hold with a company, and they have this exact song on a loop the entire time. It's good ambiance, I guess. I do enjoy Frank's vocal delivery in the chorus, though! But umm.. yeah, sorry. I wouldn't listen to this again.

Ryn Weaver - "OctaHate"
This sounds straight out of 2015, lol. It sort of sounds like a Lea Michele reject that she would have used had she decided to go with a louder pop sound for her debut. Those aren't necessarily bad things, though. I actually quite liked this song. I enjoy the high energy it gives off, especially that chorus hitting so rapidly. It's not my favourite song here, but it's not my least favourite either. Very middle of the pack. It definitely brought the good vibes back after the previous song!

Raye - "Regardless"
Oh wow... OH WOW. This might be the best song I've discovered this season. I feel like the molly is finally hitting, and the music is lined up perfectly to catch me in complete euphoria. The "Rapture" sample is brilliantly utilized, and elevates everything soo much. A really hypnotic track, and a fantastic entry for this round. Another strong contender for my top spot.

Vanessa Williams - "Save the Best for Last"
Everyone keeps calling this a throwback, but this song has always had a spot on my rotating playlists throughout the years. It's beautiful, it's stunning, it's an all-time classic. After everything Vanessa had dealt with in her early years of fame, this song really told the world that she had some points to be made and that her talent would not be slept on. Now I want to listen to The Comfort Zone. Anyway, this is my TOP. Undisputed.

GFRIEND - "MAGO"
This song is okay, but you probably had so many kpop options and this being the song you choose is... confusing. That being said, it's very energetic and makes me want to dance - which is usually all I ask of kpop, so it passes. It's not really anything special though, and I'm afraid it easily falls into the background this round.

Shania Twain - "From This Moment On" (I listened to the pop version) 
Another classic, and it breaks my heart that she is going to be panned. There is a reason this is a wedding staple. It's so beautiful, and makes you fall in love with the idea of love. You just want to pull someone close, and let time freeze for a couple minutes while this song plays. It's not my favourite Shania song, but probably the most accessible for a site that doesn't like country lol. "Up" or TDIMM would have been a cute choice too.

Ryn Weaver - "Sail On"
Well, I don't like this as much as the other Ryn song, and the bar was set relatively low there. Again, this sound like a Lea Michele reject. The production is really awkward with the constant layer of buzzing hovering over the majority of the track. I like what it tries to do with the climatic ending, but it just doesn't hit quite as much as I would have liked. It's an okay song though, and I do like it for the most part. But I think it's on the lower half of this round, sorry.

Normani - "Motivation"
There's a good reason Ariana didn't want this song. It's cute for a Hollywood Records artist, but that's really it. It feels very amateur, and forgettable. I honestly struggle to remember what this song sounds like every time I see it mentioned anywhere. It's just.. extremely basic. Shame on Normani's team for expecting THIS to be her launching pad.

Erykah Badu - "On & On"

This is a really nice closing entry for the round. Very relaxing and peaceful sound, and I like the message. Ms. Badu sings with such confidence it makes me have full, unwavering faith in every word she says. I think this was a bold choice, and I hope that you will be rewarded for it.

dDNhsUx.png

SG Lewis - Chemicals - It's fine. The instrumental is groove-worthy. 

LAUREL - Scream Drive Faster - Eh. The synthwave pop production is carrying the song as her vocals are unremarkable. 

Olivia Rodrigo - drivers license - This is my second listen of this song and I still hate it. 

Regina Spektor - Samson - Makes me sleepy :sleep:

Raye - Please Don’t Touch - Think I heard this in ASC before. Don't remember my reaction to it back then but i'm indifferent to this atm. 

Frank Ocean - Pink+White - Any Bey-related song sure tends to be highly favored in this section it seems. But it's frank so i'll let it slide. 

Ryn Weaver - Octahate - I should hate this but I don't. 

Raye - Regardless - Slightly better than her other song. 

Vanessa Williams - Save the Best for Last  - My mom probably likes this but I don't share my mom's taste. 

GFRIEND - MAGO - Doesn't get me moving. 

Shania Twain - From This Moment On - ermmm... 

Ryn Weaver - Sail On - Nope. 

Normani - Motivation - On its own it's not a song i'd seek out but with this group, issa highlight. 

Erykah Badu - On & On - A bit nostalgic. Laid-back enough. 

omqXTk5.gifNqTmio5.png

SG Lewis - Chemicals

• The opening beat kinda reminds me of Say So but that's not a bad thing. In fact, I like this song a lot. I'm a sucker for the funky retro vibe of the production. I kinda agree with some of the critiques that it would be better with another vocalist but I really don't mind it that much.

• Another song with a retro vibe. I really don't care that much about the vocal production. There's something about it that bothers me. But the production is just so good.

Olivia Rodrigo - drivers license

• This Filipino excellence :jonny5: It's a solid debut for Miss Olivia but I kinda understand people calling it overrated. It's still a good song.

Regina Spektor - Samson

• It's a song on my sleep playlist not because it sends me to sleep but because I feel at peace listening to it. It's a cute piano ballad with an interesting storyline-based lyrics. Not a fan of her vocals but when she sings YOU ARE MY SWEETEST DOWNFALL for the last time, I felt that.

• Hmm, the production is basic and there's something about her voice that kinda irritates me but I literally find myself slightly bopping to it idk idk idk

Frank Ocean - Pink+White

• I can't believe no one has sent King Frank since VL5 and I can't believe I forgot to check him. This is an excellent choice. Three minutes of nothing but greatness. :clap3:

Ryn Weaver - OctaHate

• This is the only I know from her and I first heard it from ASC. I remember not liking it then and I still don't like it now. The production in the chorus is so all over the place and it builds up but eventually goes nowhere. I hate that in songs tbh. It's like being edged by someone but never letting you *** ever and your dick just hurts. That's how it feels.

Raye - Regardless

• Well, this is objectively much better than her other song this round but unlike the other one, I am not bopping to this song idk idk idk

• I am surprised that there are people that don't know Vanessa Williams is a singer. I actually knew she is a singer before learning that she is also an actor. Anyhow, this is one of the songs I would hear on radios on Sundays -@Rence knows what I'm talking about - and I will be taken back to the good old times when I would visit my grandparents every Sunday morning to have a chill weekend. Basically, what I am saying is that some of y'all are doing too much on this song. It's a cute 90s classic.

GFRIEND - MAGO

• This is just okay. It's not bad but not too remarkable. I appreciate that it is not the usual formulaic K-pop song that I usually hear.

• Now, kids, one thing to learn about these games is that if you are gonna send a song (especially with songs with various versions), you must be clear and specify which song to use for the listening. I love Shania and Come On Over is one of my fave albums of all time. However, this version is just not it. It's just wrong. It should have not existed in the first place. Rip it. Crumple it. Throw it. Burn it. Also there are better choices like That Don't Impress Me Much or Man! I Feel Like A Woman.

Ryn Weaver - Sail On

• What happened to her voice, mama? I feel her straining. Her struggling is making me unconfortable. On the plus side, the production here is much better that her other song this round.

Normani - Motivation

• You didn't get to send her last round so you send her now huh? Well, good thinking. This is such a feel good bop. Nice pick.

Erykah Badu - On & On

• I love Miss Badu but this is kinda meh. There are better songs from her. Not far from the worst. I'd still give it a cute rank.

1 hour ago, touya kinomoto said:

• Now, kids, one thing to learn about these games is that if you are gonna send a song (especially with songs with various versions), you must be clear and specify which song to use for the listening. I love Shania and Come On Over is one of my fave albums of all time. However, this version is just not it. It's just wrong. It should have not existed in the first place. Rip it. Crumple it. Throw it. Burn it. Also there are better choices like That Don't Impress Me Much or Man! I Feel Like A Woman.

Since I officially quitting @Overprotected

I didn't know of the existence of the collab version. I just know the SOLO version, the one I sent. Didn't reliazed till people started mentioning since what I use to listen is YouTube Music NOT Spotify neither Apple Music.

Bye Hoest. I know where you live. (Sorry I won't give you the Big Meltdown I promised in the PMs)

Zk4ez45.gif%C2%A0

48 minutes ago, Jay-Zicario said:

Bye Hoest. I know where you live. 

je telephone a la police | Concerned Celine Dion on the Phone | Know Your  Meme

miguel's critiques

Cute cat with question marks meme - Cat meme, Confused - Meme

Chemicals - people need to fr stop feeding bagels' ego and making him believe ha has an impact.  This is a cute tho.

Scream Drive Faster - see: Chemicals, just not as good.

drivers license - BEST SONG OF THE ****ING YEAR!!!!!!!! RED LIGHTS, STOP SIGNS emote.png

Samson - why does her voice sound like that, ew

Please Don’t Touch - AHHHHHHHHHH, soty 2020. huge bop, i love it sm

Pink+White - this is quite nice, if not a bit boring

Octahate - can't believe i was actually interested in listening to this after seing lucky spam her in the playlist channel for days now.... only for it to be this. chorus is extremely annoying :riri2:

Regardless - idk why the gays prefer this more over Please Don't Touch tbh. This is probably one of the weaker/more generic songs on ESS. Natalie Don't >>>>>

Save the Best for Last - this sounds like a mediocre attempt of replicating a Celine Dion ballad.

MAGO - it's a cute lil bop :jamming:

From This Moment On - i'm not even gonna bother listening to this tbh

Sail On - this is slightly better than the other Ryn song here, but it's not that great either tbh

Motivation - huge bopppppppp

On & On - i don't like this sorry

4qKCCVM.png

SG Lewis - Chemicals

A little fading into the background for me, but its fine

I like the 80s vibes, the synthpop dream haze. Would I listen to this on my own? Probably not, but its a nice background feel

Love this song.  I love the emotional, late night drive vibes of the bridge and the simplicity.

Regina Spektor - Samson

I hate when this is the extent of what I can say but - I reallllly find it a high jump hurdle to get into her voice/tone. For all the flack "indie girl" voice gets, I'd prefer it over whatever this is.  The song itself just sort of feels a bit too theatrically quirky. The music of theatre kids I guess.

It's fine. Not for me - mid range

Frank Ocean - Pink+White

Beautiful song.  Blond needed time to grow on me but this track was pretty immediate. It helps that Beyonce's vocals add another layer of dreaminess to an already aesthetically sound vibe.

Ryn Weaver - Octahate

It's cute. Her voice is kind of distracting to me but I'm okay with it here because its a slight bop

Raye - Regardless

Maybe basic? I think I like it a bit more than her other song though, but its lacking a punch

Sorry auburn :shy: I just find this a bit too unremarkable. This is very much of its time and sadly did not hold up for me

GFRIEND - MAGO

You're my winner

lmao bye

Ryn Weaver - Sail On

At this point in the competition it's more about standing out with well chosen songs I think.. it needs to leave an impression which this failed to do for me.

Normani - Motivation

Yup. I love this track.  I think its a good intro to Normani, but I'm sure with time (?) she will develop her own personality and create music that works best for her.  That being said I appreciate the pop R&B style of this and its a solid hit that deserved better.

Erykah Badu - On & On

LOVE this song.  Solid classic and probably my favourite song of hers

nb7z08h.png

SG Lewis - Chemicals

its an ASC classic yes but its okay? its not the standout in this round at all

like i just listened to it and then it went right pass me. its not bad AT ALL, i just don't really care much about it :heart:

EXACTLY. this is a @Navyofbadgals' classic that should be praised not chemicals :jamming:

i love the vibes it gave me so much like just chilling and vibing and the chorus is pretty strong. exactly bestie.

its literally a song for every situation, every moment, every time. blessed be the bagels.

pls yall just hate it because its cool to hate it~ anyways, this is not a bad song

yea, its not the best of the bunch but its far from the worst... love the bridge sm, very lorde!

tho the 2nd verse is a bit disappointing tbh but its a great ballad :weeps: and i don't drive but its a perfect song for driving at nights

Regina Spektor - Samson

oh so true bestie... so true :heart2: love this emotional classic sm

like its so simple yet so beautiful and its just soooo breathtaking. and the lyrics, the story behind it whew :sosad:

you did great, well for me at least!

omg love this ep like i've been getting into raye again since december last year so its nice to see this

but love me again would do better for me, idk if its banned or not but it'd better than this

anyways, i feel like this is good and it starts off very well but its going nowhere~

Frank Ocean - Pink+White

oh the good thing about is the production! i really enjoyed the production.. its such a vibe

like i imagine myself listening to this in a nice warm day and just thinking about things

so yea the production makes me like the song more! nice job :heart2:

Ryn Weaver - Octahate

whew the chorus still slaps so hard now :weeps: i feel like this song, its getting better and better as the song goes

like yea it may be a bit underwhelming at the beginning but then it hits you and its so nice :smitten:

Raye - Regardless

hmm i feel so mixed about this cause on one hand, its such a bop and its so catchy

but on the other hand, its kinda basic? like i enjoy basic stuff but this is not the one that i enjoy giggles

so yea, theres a lot to think about.. should've sent something better from her cause she has so many great tracks :'(

this auburn pandering. you know that there are other judges and like other contestants too right?

this is um.. well.. idk what to say. like ahem. its just not good sobs

GFRIEND - MAGO

absolutely stunning MAGO MAGO! i went from feeling eh about this to absolutely adore it

its such a great k-pop song like its prob the best k-pop song in this season, its true.

the sender already quitted so idk why i even listened to this

but yea, its bad and prob be in the bottom kk

Ryn Weaver - Sail On

oh pls this is not my favorite from ryn at all.. you prob has some cute options to choose from

so i'm confused on why you even chose this :huh: i don't know i'm not really feeling it hmm

Normani - Motivation

oh period! this is so cute and catchy and its such a great and fun track :jamming: always makes me happy yup

what a great comeback from the disaster that is the previous 2 songs! amazing job bestie!

Erykah Badu - On & On

oh this is better than i expected tbh.. i thought it would be a trainwreck but its actually a cute bop!

pretty enjoyable and ofc these f words are doing too much on hating this song

IkUmVC2.png

i'm calling it now baby z is best judge

yes baby z yes talent :clap3:

Let's count!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.