H.E.R. - “Fight for You”

nooniebao

Original song being featured on the soundtrack for Oscar contender Judas and the Black Messiah. It was co-written with Tiara Thomas and frequent collaborator D’Mile:

Edited by nooniebao
dangerousalex
21 minutes ago, Airhead said:

She released 50 songs this year but no album.

all her "albums" so far have been compilations anyway so expect another EP series soon that will lead to another compilation that contains everything she's released over that 3 year period :rip: 

5 minutes ago, dangerousalex said:

all her "albums" so far have been compilations anyway so expect another EP series soon that will lead to another compilation that contains everything she's released over that 3 year period :rip: 

I wonder who’s behind the delay? There’s no excuse not to commit to an album at this point.

dangerousalex
1 minute ago, nooniebao said:

I wonder who’s behind the delay? There’s no excuse not to commit to an album at this point.

it's probably both parties; the label not wanting to release an album due to lack of hits and waiting for something to catch on and then herself for not wanting to commit to an album and/or just preferring to release singles.

The problem with H.E.R. is that no one is inclined to listen to her music because she's so secluded no one even cares  about what she's doing or releasing, the only way a song of hers will catch on is with good playlisting and radio which all relies on RCA and obviously that costs money. If all her singles keep bombing they're not going to keep throwing money at her which is why an album campaign probably won't happen until they get their ROE aka a hit single.

"Damage" should've gotten a bigger push because I think it's her best song in ages.

6 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

it's probably both parties; the label not wanting to release an album due to lack of hits and waiting for something to catch on and then herself for not wanting to commit to an album and/or just preferring to release singles.

The problem with H.E.R. is that no one is inclined to listen to her music because she's so secluded no one even cares  about what she's doing or releasing, the only way a song of hers will catch on is with good playlisting and radio which all relies on RCA and obviously that costs money. If all her singles keep bombing they're not going to keep throwing money at her which is why an album campaign probably won't happen until they get their ROE aka a hit single.

"Damage" should've gotten a bigger push because I think it's her best song in ages.

Damage is doing just fine and is going to continue to climb into Spring 21. 

I used to love her but she really lost me, her first project was so solid, and then she kept coming with a bunch of random songs with completely different sounds and vibes, she lost her coherence, now it just seems that she shoots to all possible sides to see what’s going to be successful 

9 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

You realize Damage is on the Hot 100 right now right?:toofunny2:

I think she hasnt put out a album because she's musically all over the place, not that it wouldnt do well. She already has a following. 

dangerousalex
1 hour ago, Armani👑 said:

You realize Damage is on the Hot 100 right now right?:toofunny2:

I think she hasnt put out a album because she's musically all over the place, not that it wouldnt do well. She already has a following. 

:worship2: go Damage! didn’t know it was charting tbh, they better push it!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...