Potential Breakup Song Rises on Spotify to #19

hellocory

What is it about this song? It’s brought up all the time but I had never heard before today.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hellocory

• Ampersand13

• Beyonnaise

• Listentoyourheart

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Listentoyourheart said:

What is it about this song? It’s brought up all the time but I had never heard before today.

It’s from their phenomenal second album Insomniatic from 2007. It has nostalgia factor because it was honestly the best song to come out of a Disney act at the peak of the HSM/Hannah era, it’s kind of similar to Untouched by the Veronicas with an anthemic chorus and punk/electronic influences. It’s just held up really well and people are excited for the new version because they added cursing.

Edited by Beyonnaise

14 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

It’s from their phenomenal second album Insomniatic from 2007. It has nostalgia factor because it was honestly the best song to come out of a Disney act at the peak of the HSM/Hannah era, it’s kind of similar to Untouched by the Veronicas with an anthemic chorus and punk/electronic influences. It’s just held up really well and people are excited for the new version because they added cursing.

Wow, that old. 2006-2010 was my peak Disney years so I wonder how I missed that bc I was all about HM/JBros/HSM/Camp Rock back then. Was it played on Disney Channel?

3 minutes ago, Listentoyourheart said:

Wow, that old. 2006-2010 was my peak Disney years so I wonder how I missed that bc I was all about HM/JBros/HSM/Camp Rock back then. Was it played on Disney Channel?

Yeah it was aired during commercials but it honestly crossed over at the time too, I remember it was all over MTV topping the countdowns and even charted at #17 on the Hot 100. That’s why it was so disappointing that Disney/Hollywood Records discarded of them after the Insomniatic era, they could have definitely gone on to gain more mainstream success on pop radio like Miley/Selena/Demi ended up doing, the demand was there they just needed a push. It feels like justice seeing it smashing again almost 14 years later.

• ATRL Moderator
15 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

Yeah it was aired during commercials but it honestly crossed over at the time too, I remember it was all over MTV topping the countdowns and even charted at #17 on the Hot 100. That’s why it was so disappointing that Disney/Hollywood Records discarded of them after the Insomniatic era, they could have definitely gone on to gain more mainstream success on pop radio like Miley/Selena/Demi ended up doing, the demand was there they just needed a push. It feels like justice seeing it smashing again almost 14 years later.

All this tea. Also, their unreleased third Hollywood Record album is full of gems :jonny5:

Oh WOW :jonny5: I got optimistic after seeing its Apple Music position, but this was still way better than I expected, especially with basically zero playlisting :eek:

5 hours ago, LustSpell said:

Imagine a song you released 13 years ago being a hit then and then re-releasing it 13 years later and making it a hit again :WAP: ICONS

4 hours ago, BGood2Me said:

Hoping for a new peak :clap3:

Imagine if it joins this list of non-holiday songs that went top 20 twice (without adding a feature) :jonny5:

(and without dying, so I would exclude IWALY)

zVBppZQ.jpg

I was just randomly thinking about this song :jonny6:

And wait... the song is explicit? :omg: weren't they with Disney? Oh wow risqué queens :jonny5:

Omg #20 on Spotify and #1 on iTunes??

It has to re-enter the Hot 100, this is so  impressive!

Could it enter the hot 100 with only a few days?

42 minutes ago, naval23 said:

Omg #20 on Spotify and #1 on iTunes??

It has to re-enter the Hot 100, this is so  impressive!

#70 on Apple Music too (+261)

One of my favorite songs back in the day, this song deserves more, I hope it will do great 

5 hours ago, Listentoyourheart said:

Same. The title annoys me. And the lyrics and auto tune are god awful. I mean I know it’s by and for teenage girls but “my stupid birthday” - really? :toofunny2:

A classic :clap3:

What if this becoming a WW hit next year :WAP:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.