US Spotify #1 at lowest number since 2015

Samson

3 hours ago, LastGreatBloodline said:

imo this is not about the pandemic at all. Yesterday was probably the biggest day of all time on spotify and many people streamed xmas songs 24/7. The 26th laves a weird feeling when people arent as inclined to listen to the same xmas songs they listened to for the entire month but also arent in touch with the hits they were streaming before, leaving this weird gap in the charts for a few days. 

Agreed. Between post xmas and new years is a total stand still

6 hours ago, Hi_im_new said:

Is there a reason why? Streaming numbers seem to have consistently been down the past few months. I thought with people being forced to stay home the numbers would be higher.

I don't think overall numbers are lower, it's just that the top songs aren't getting as many plays. It's more spread out.

streaming found dead just like sales? :deadbanana2: 

music industry are done. Radio rules chart now

The fact the #1 song went from 4 million on Christmas to 800k the next day:skull:

13 hours ago, Sept said:

People are so tired of listening to xmas music that they don't want to listen anything more

J/k. Probably people take up netflix binging over the holiday period so they are not streaming music as much

Also people consume music when they are away from home and if they are forced to stay in they may not consume as much music or be exposed to as much music.

ppl are stuck in their homes, department stores closed,... this impact a lot music streams in general, probably Netflix ones went straight to the roof these last days

I expect the numbers to be much better after these holidays are over. 

On 12/27/2020 at 10:44 AM, Baby Judas said:

Yikes. 

And this is why Levitating is predicted to go Top 10 next week. 

Yes it’s based mostly on radio which I don’t see how that’s fair considering nobody is going out so nobody is listening to what radio is spamming lol 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.