folklore & evermore ties The Fame & The Fame Monster

chaneloberlin

my two faves always win in the end!

rZQIDPu.gif

1 hour ago, fememeist said:

Surprised Adele didn’t do it with 25/21

I mean in comparison 21 had already sold 11 million pure copies & still sold 35k pure that week :deadbanana4:

Edited by Cockney Cupcake

10 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

You make no sense. Both of these things have merits. Mentioning how Taylor managed to have 2 albums sell 100K+ pure at the same time in a way worse climate is just as relevant (if not more) as you mentioning Gaga did it with 2 albums that were released a year apart (while also omitting the fact the The Fame only started gaining traction almost a year after its release). The original point was that both managed to achieved this feat. Then you added your 2 cents and got mad and said it's irrelevant when someone else did the same thing :huh:

The Fame spent 22 weeks in the top 10 before the rerelease. So it had attention. Why can’t we just congratulate both gals 

peterstyles13
5 minutes ago, Zs2236 said:

The Fame spent 22 weeks in the top 10 before the rerelease. So it had attention. Why can’t we just congratulate both gals 

I literally did and said they both have merits? :huh:  I only responded to someone who was suggesting that Gaga doing it was more impressive.

Also, as I said, The Fame almost took a year to really gain traction (the first time it entered the top 10 was in March of 2009, 8 months after its release), which doesn't take away from its success at all. However it does put in perspective the suggestion that her doing it is more impressive because the albums were released longer apart is all. 

Edited by peterstyles13

1 hour ago, Selena Gomez said:

Not to take anything from GaGa but Taylor is doing it 10 years later when nobody is buying albums anymore. 

1 hour ago, peterstyles13 said:

But one could easily reply that she did so in a climate where pure sales were selling like hot cakes compared to now :michael: 

If the pure sales were "selling like hot cakes", how come no other female managed to repeat Gaga's feat in the past 10 years? :dies: Stop making it seem like Gaga's record wasn't impressive  or is less impressive than Taylor tying her now :coffee2:

peterstyles13
8 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

If the pure sales were "selling like hot cakes", how come no other female managed to repeat Gaga's feat in the past 10 years? :dies: Stop making it seem like Gaga's record wasn't impressive  or is less impressive than Taylor tying her now :coffee2:

Huh? Both of the things you're quoting were direct replies to someone doing the exact opposite of what you're saying and suggesting that Taylor's record isn't as impressive as Gaga's. Where's your energy when it comes to denouncing that? :deadbanana4:

And to answer your question about why no other female artists managed it in the last 10 years, it's quite simple. No other MPGs reached their peak while simultaneously having 2 active projects in the last 10 years. :huh:

Edited by peterstyles13

littlebodybigheart
7 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

nobody in the 2010’s was releasing albums back to back so........?

both are impressive. @peterstyles13 literally keep re-iterating that and y’all just choose to read what you want to. what are you arguing about? we all agree both feats are impressive.

2 minutes ago, littlebodybigheart said:

nobody in the 2010’s was releasing albums back to back so........?

both are impressive. @peterstyles13 literally keep re-iterating that and y’all just choose to read what you want to. what are you arguing about? we all agree both feats are impressive.

Ms.Riri was releasing new albums from 2005-2012, Susan Boyle, Justin Bieber dropped 2 eps at a similar time... 

10 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

Huh? Both of the things you're quoting were direct replies to someone doing the exact opposite of what you're saying and suggesting that Taylor's record isn't as impressive as Gaga's. Where's your energy when it comes to denouncing that? :deadbanana4:

Your post wasn't the only one I quoted as you can see and that person was the 1st one to discredit Gaga in this thread, I stan her, ofc I'm gonna reply to that :toofunny2:

• ATRL Moderator

This is very impressive :clap3: 

peterstyles13
18 minutes ago, Zs2236 said:

Ms.Riri was releasing new albums from 2005-2012, Susan Boyle, Justin Bieber dropped 2 eps at a similar time... 

The OP is about female artists only. Anyways, one of the 2 EPs you mentioned for Justin was an European exclusive and wasn't available in the US. As for Suzan Boyle, the majority of her album sales were during their first weeks of releases. Her debut sold 700K in its first week alone. The album was out of the top 50 and had no active singles by the time her second album was released. As for Rihanna...Do I really have to explain to you that Rih has never really been an album seller? Again (!!!) what Lady Gaga did was extremely impressive but we can't just ignore the fact that TF/TFM was her absolute peak with TFM basically being a continuation of TF. I was asked why she was able to do it and that's the answer? It's not shade at all :michael:

Edited by peterstyles13

5 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

The OP is about female artists only. Anyways, one of the 2 EPs you mentioned for Justin was an European exclusive and wasn't available in the US. As for Suzan Boyle, the majority of her album sales were during their first weeks of releases. Her debut sold 700K in its first week alone. The album was out of the top 50 and had no active singles by the time her second album was released. As for Rihanna...Do I really have to explain to you that Rih has never really been an album seller? Again (!!!) what Lady Gaga did was extremely impressive but we can't just ignore the fact that TF/TFM was her absolute peak with TFM basically being a continuation of TF. I was asked why she was able to do it and that's the answer? It's not shade at all :michael:

Ok queen I get it ??? I’m a Swifty/monster hybrid. I’m just saying that it’s crazy how both ladies did this. So we shouldn’t nit pick who did it better. That’s all. 

can we not fight for 1 sec :monkey:

OT: What did they do? THAT :jonny5: LEGENDS

Legend tingz 

are we surprised ? Like ever ? 

19 hours ago, Zero7 said:

Two Queens :clap3:

xocMfdH.png

Where is this from? :rip:

OT-Congrats :clap3:

22 hours ago, Selena Gomez said:

Not to take anything from GaGa but Taylor is doing it 10 years later when nobody is buying albums anymore. 

That's why everyone else has done the same thing since Gaga did it right 

Edited by Badgalbriel

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.