HDD's Top 50 YTD Albums: folklore #2, Billie #14, Dua #28

Hector

2 hours ago, Kylizzle said:

But these are the albums the GP consumed the most, so why would they change anything?

QLQs54E.thumb.png.732919721df1f855d3f20f

2 hours ago, -brian said:

this feels.. i’ll just go with elitist. what’s wrong with this list? streaming being represented is the best thing to happen to the charts, it’s reflecting actual consumption. 

While I believe that streaming is more important than sales, I do agree that they should tweak the formula a bit just too avoid singles fueling albums’ performances.

What I mean is that ie the million streams for Señorita shouldn’t count for Romance the same way that the same amount of reproductions for let’s say Folklore among all its tracks. It is pretty evident one is about the artist/album and the other one just a cute hit.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JBJT2786

• Hector

• halcyonday

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

1/4 of its sales came its first week. Not even 1/10 of FN sales came from its first week. Who you think has better longevity?And destroyed? When FN outsold Manic everywhere but US . And there's only 3 singles in the US. 

Are you ok...? Not only you're the one who brought Halsey into this, now you're going offtopic talking about WW stats when I didn't even say anything about that. :rip:

Again. Dua released Physical, Break My Heart, Hallucinate, Levitating (feat. Madonna & Missy Elliott), Levitating (feat. DaBaby), Fever (with Angele), Prisoner (with Miley Cyrus), Un Dia (with J. Balvin, Bad Bunny and Tainy) in this year alone. And even if some of them weren't US singles they still gave her streams and attention in the US. All of these songs will be on Future Nostalgia Deluxe, keep in mind.

So clearly comparing this to Halsey who released one single off her album, You should be sad, in January, with barely any promotion, Be Kind with Marshmello, and two songs with Juice Wrld and Kelsea that aren't and won't be included on Manic, is pointless. Obviously Dua would have a better longevity. She has been promoting the album for the entire year while Halsey stopped in January. Do you not understand? It's the fact that Dua wasn't able to outdo Halsey who abandoned her album one year ago is embarrassing and you are the one who shouldn't get brave here.

With the amount of endless streaming and radio payola, live performances including AMAs, a literal second album including stars like Madonna, Missy Elliott, Gwen Stefani and Mark Ronson, and a literal livestream concert Dua should have NO problem outdoing Halsey and her tour boundles. :rip: I would waste more than an hour posting the links to all of the live performances she's done this year and would still probably miss some. 

Don't bring up someone that your fave can't beat. Done with you!

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Blue. said:

While I believe that streaming is more important than sales, I do agree that they should tweak the formula a bit just too avoid singles fueling albums’ performances.

What I mean is that ie the million streams for Señorita shouldn’t count for Romance the same way that the same amount of reproductions for let’s say Folklore among all its tracks. It is pretty evident one is about the artist/album and the other one just a cute hit.

i understand your point, but how can this be implemented fairly? many fans of artists also happen to stream their singles the most. 

21 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

Are you ok...? Not only you're the one who brought Halsey into this, now you're going offtopic talking about WW stats when I didn't even say anything about that. :rip:

Again. Dua released Physical, Break My Heart, Hallucinate, Levitating (feat. Madonna & Missy Elliott), Levitating (feat. DaBaby), Fever (with Angele), Prisoner (with Miley Cyrus), Un Dia (with J. Balvin, Bad Bunny and Tainy) in this year alone. And even if some of them weren't US singles they still gave her streams and attention in the US. All of these songs will be on Future Nostalgia Deluxe, keep in mind.

So clearly comparing this to Halsey who released one single off her album, You should be sad, in January, with barely any promotion, Be Kind with Marshmello, and two songs with Juice Wrld and Kelsea that aren't and won't be included on Manic, is pointless. Obviously Dua would have a better longevity. She has been promoting the album for the entire year while Halsey stopped in January. Do you not understand? It's the fact that Dua wasn't able to outdo Halsey who abandoned her album one year ago is embarrassing and you are the one who shouldn't get brave here.

With the amount of endless streaming and radio payola, live performances including AMAs, a literal second album including stars like Madonna, Missy Elliott, Gwen Stefani and Mark Ronson, and a literal livestream concert Dua should have NO problem outdoing Halsey and her tour boundles. :rip: I would waste more than an hour posting the links to all of the live performances she's done this year and would still probably miss some. 

giphy.gif

An ablum that had 1 1/2 years and 3 singles ( including a #1 hit that was included on the album) to build on before release? Or are we gonna ignore that. And the point i bought it up in the first place was cuz that user was trying undermine FNs performance and wasn't even shading Halsey. I knew her stans was cray but....

Also I didn't even bother to read that essay past the released....which ironic since you said apparently were talking US and you're talking WW singles lol. Also its not that serious girl.

Edited by JBJT2786

3 hours ago, halcyonday said:

Halsey stopped promoting the album once it got released and its last single was released in January with lil to no push. Dua has been releasing single after single for the past year and had major promo on every possible online platform. Your point? :rip: Good to know that Halsey is THE standard without even lifting a finger. 

thank you!! I was ready to swing for Ashley!!

how the f*** is she comparable to anyone who released this year except for maybe selena and kesha... released in january and stopped promoting!! And well..... :rip:

looking at everyone’s total... Manic did amazing and it’s not debatable!!

ot... Salute to you my American Queen!!! Imagine if folklore was released a month earlier :fan:

and not evermore’s sales getting cut like that... and also.. she would’ve entered the list with two more weeks :toofunny3:

Edited by Michael196

13 hours ago, Kylizzle said:

But these are the albums the GP consumed the most, so why would they change anything?

QLQs54E.thumb.png.732919721df1f855d3f20f

I don't understand what "change" they want?

tumblr_inline_nfmjprHZpp1sdcm15.gif

2 hours ago, gotportugal said:

I don't understand what "change" they want?

lower the weightage of streams coming solely from playlists

1 hour ago, JawBreaker said:

well Stupid Love would say goodbye to its top5

Dua :clap3:

3 hours ago, JawBreaker said:

Certain stans wouldn't like that 

20 hours ago, halcyonday said:

giphy.gif

Whew this clock :clap3:

20 hours ago, halcyonday said:

giphy.gif

no one's readin' this

chaneloberlin

sorry Halsey was left in January

chaneloberlinchaneloberlin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.