For comparison, here's some certifications from Gaga in France:

Artpop (2013) : Platinum 

Joanne (2016): Gold

Chromatica (2020): Gold

Yes, it is a lot indeed.

istan4badgalriri

25 minutes ago, biblicalmonster said:

But, is it truly a lot? :ryan2:

It definitely is, especially compared to the last solo albums of the other pop girls. Sia is the only one I can think of whose last album went multi-platinum in France. Joanne and Chromatica went Gold, for example.

35 minutes ago, biblicalmonster said:

But, is it truly a lot? :ryan2:

It's not A Star Is Born-level smashing, but it's certainly good numbers after 5 years :clap3: 

4 hours ago, Rusty said:

It's not A Star Is Born-level smashing, but it's certainly good numbers after 5 years :clap3: 

It is fortunately not on the same level as Gaga’s very own 2016 album either (took years to scan Gold and hasn’t upgraded its certification since) :clap3: 

1 minute ago, istan4badgalriri said:

It is fortunately not on the same level as Gaga’s very own 2016 album either (took years to scan Gold and hasn’t upgraded its certification since) :clap3: 

Luckily Gaga's follow up scanned Diamond (her second diamond album in France), though a 2x Plat ceiling for an artist is nothing to discourage :clap3: 

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

Luckily Gaga's follow up scanned Diamond (her second diamond album in France), though a 2x Plat ceiling for an artist is nothing to discourage :clap3: 

Its follow-up has actually only scanned Gold, which, I have to admit, is pretty good for her solo standards in the last 10 years. :clap3:

OT: a multi-platinum solo album, which is difficult to get :clap3: 

Edited by istan4badgalriri

11 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Its follow-up has actually only scanned Gold, which, I have to admit, is pretty good for her solo standards in the last 10 years. :clap3:

10 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Well in the last 10 years Gaga has managed her second 2x plat album, and her second diamond album in France. Quite the return on just two records!

Also you seem mistaken. Joanne's follow up, as per the SNEP, is the Lady Gaga record A Star Is Born. You're a stickler for what certification bodies list as artists for albums, so I'm sure you're aware of that  :gaycat4:

But glad Rihanna's finally hit that 2x plat mark, her un-scored tour date from France from that era looked like a rare sell-out from pics :clap3: 

Edited by Rusty

Wow, and people said it was local?

She did that in the 5th biggest music market of the world :clap3:

28 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Well in the last 10 years Gaga has managed her second 2x plat album, and her second diamond album in France. Quite the return on just two records!

Also you seem mistaken. Joanne's follow up, as per the SNEP, is the Lady Gaga record A Star Is Born. You're a stickler for what certification bodies list as artists for albums, so I'm sure you're aware of that  :gaycat4:

But glad Rihanna's finally hit that 2x plat mark, her un-scored tour date from France from that era looked like a rare sell-out from pics :clap3: 

And in the last 10 years Rihanna has managed her 4th consecutive (solo) (studio) multi-platinum album. I can't brag about a return considering a return implies one or more underperforming albums in the track record, which she lacks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joanne_(album)

Joanne is the fifth studio album by American singer Lady Gaga.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromatica

Chromatica is the sixth studio album by American singer Lady Gaga.

Sounds like "Chromatica" was indeed the follow-up to "Joanne". Was hoping the success of duet soundtrack of movie remake A Star Is Born would translate into her post-ASIB album scanning more than her pre-ASIB album but another Gold album is not so bad. I'll always applaud consistency, even when it's at the lowest threshold!

Nene Leakes Cheers GIF by Bravo TV

2 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

And in the last 10 years Rihanna has managed her 4th consecutive (solo) (studio) multi-platinum album. I can't brag about a return considering a return implies one or more underperforming albums in the track record, which she lacks.

Sounds like "Chromatica" was indeed the follow-up to "Joanne". Was hoping the success of duet soundtrack of movie remake A Star Is Born would translate into her post-ASIB album scanning more than her pre-ASIB album but another Gold album is not so bad. I'll always applaud consistency, even when it's at the lowest threshold!

Good thing Gaga can release Diamond albums along with the ones you're clinging to in this thread (which happen to be more recent and as a result far more impressive to hit a much higher threshold faster!)

But as I said in this thread from the beginning, which seems to have really ruffled the feathers of the person who will pick and choose when they follow what certification bodies credit to artists, an upper end of 2x platinum in five years is an impressive feat :clap3: 

3 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

:bibliahh:I screeched at the last part but the accuracy of it all!

OT: A global legend!

She better release a pop album.... another r&b influenced album isn’t going to do well in Europe, which was her biggest market. But congrats Riri.

1 hour ago, style17 said:

no one cares if GaGa is bigger in France when Rih demolishes her in US and UK :coffee2:

Among artists who debuted this century, Rihanna is the biggest selling and most certified international artist in France.

She also has the most number one singles among international acts this century with 6. 

:rip:

She doesn’t have a Diamond album in the country but she’s sold the most albums there among her peers overall. 

biblicalmonster
7 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Among artists who debuted this century, Rihanna is the biggest selling and most certified international artist in France.

She also has the most number one singles among international acts this century with 6. 

:rip:

She doesn’t have a Diamond album in the country but she’s sold the most albums there among her peers overall. 

Certified SNEP units:

Rihanna FRA: 1.465 million

Lady Gaga: FRA: 3.253 million

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.