Billboard Charts (Week of December 26, 2020)

Renan90

Only 2 points ahead of the Queen with all these remixes. I have to laugh :sistrens:

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Renan90

• fridayteenage

• brianc33710

• slw84

24 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

I guess when it involves the click of a button to lower the price you say, why not?

It's not like a #1 will change anything for Taylor

Let me make myself clear here. It's not really Taylor I'm criticizing. Its this really strange stragety used by many musical artists thru 2020. 

peterstyles13
54 minutes ago, brianc33710 said:

Why would you want to force a #1 debut if you're going to plummet so far in week 2? What's the point?

Because no one besides hardcore stans will remember nor care about the plummet. Willow will always remain a #1 single :michael:

5 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

Because no one besides hardcore stans will remember nor care about the plummet. Willow will always remain a #1 single :michael:

It may sound bad if she gets the biggest drop record tho, it’ll be attached to it forever :emofish:

On 12/21/2020 at 3:17 AM, Godly said:

A record smasher :jonny5:

:jonny5:

59 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

I would rather have a song that peaks at 2 or 3 but goes 4×P & finishes the YE T 5/10 than a #1 that goes Gold at best & falls so fast it misses the YE H100. The former songs will remain remembered for years. The latter will be a WTF? song no 1 remembers. Once again, I'm not singling out Taylor but the practice itself. 

Yeah, another sketchy #1 :grump:

I'm glad to see something different than AIWFCIY at #1 this time of year. But this ain't it either. And i love Taylor and willow.

Biggest drop is something you kii over until someone takes it but #1 is in record books forever for you. I can see why it was tempting.

I think Trollz is still more fraudulent

but Willow and Dynamite follow behind Trollz

and then probably Stuck With You

6 hours ago, brianc33710 said:

Why would you want to force a #1 debut if you're going to plummet so far in week 2? What's the point?

Well, most of her singles are free-falling

YNTCD, cardigan...

And with bunch of Christmas songs around, it's inevitable that she will free-fall on the following week

So i think her team must think like this :

instead of 2-35, we can make it 1-35

like, both have problem with longevity, but at least with those efforts, she added another #1 hit on her belt

47 minutes ago, HabbGaga said:

I think Trollz is still more fraudulent

but Willow and Dynamite follow behind Trollz

and then probably Stuck With You

Dynamite is a real hit

"Life goes out of the Hot 100" is the real fraud

Just now, Green said:

Dynamite is a real hit

"Life goes out of the Hot 100" is the real fraud

the fact that i don't even know what life goes on is :rip: but im putting 2 and 2 together that it's another bts song

6 hours ago, peterstyles13 said:

Actually hardcore stans will be the ones that will remeber that willow is a #1 song

Most of the people that doesn't care about charts probably think that songs like Love Story, You belong with me and I knew you were trouble were #1 hits instead of songs like cardigan and willow  :skull: 

:lmao: 

The queen already got her #1 this year so I don't care, it's just funny to watch Taylor's DESPERATION to get a #1 when everything about the surprise release of Evermore screams "oh I don't care about the charts or stats any more". The queen is back at #1 next week anyway, whilst "the music industry" will nosedive. 

Edited by jinzo

I can't believe that Taylor sold only 59k from five versions of her lead single. i know that pure sales are dead, but how her fans can't make at least 100k? the decline is real.

19 minutes ago, bringdanoize said:

I can't believe that Taylor sold only 59k from five versions of her lead single. i know that pure sales are dead, but how her fans can't make at least 100k? the decline is real.

she went from two 800k debuts to 300k in album sales. of course the decline is real.nothing lasts forever

1 hour ago, bringdanoize said:

There were over 100k folks who bought the album. I'd say there is a fair chance most of them would have bought the single too had it come out like a month before.  This was gonna do over 100k easy with more traditional rollout.

peterstyles13
4 hours ago, muddysquirrel said:

There were over 100k folks who bought the album. I'd say there is a fair chance most of them would have bought the single too had it come out like a month before.  This was gonna do over 100k easy with more traditional rollout.

Worms for brains. People genuinely can't understand how her releasing a whole album made casual fans buy that instead of simply buying willow :skull:

13 hours ago, Rick said:

ahead of the Queen I have to laugh :sistrens:

yas goddess swift

1 hour ago, peterstyles13 said:

Worms for brains. People genuinely can't understand how her releasing a whole album made casual fans buy that instead of simply buying willow :skull:

how many casual fans do you think make up both album and single numbers?

alot of her stans make up debut week vs casual fans who are not necessarily going to go out the first week or purchase multiples.

So I think they were referring to the 800k to 300k to her number now which includes a portion of casual fans and stans.

Many stans purchased willow multiple copies.

7 hours ago, bringdanoize said:

Taylor and her team are very savvy and smart. See she looks like she's in demand even though the numbers are in decline.

it's actually smart marketing and many of the greats have done it. No matter how low Whitney sold post Bodyguard they never made it look like a decline for example (at least in the 90s). 

Taylor found a way to make herself seem as in demand as she truly once was and I don't blame her.

At least she's getting a couple of #1s

30 minutes ago, slw84 said:

Taylor and her team are very savvy and smart. See looks like she's in demand.

it's actually smart marketing and many of the greats have done it.

Taylor found a way to make herself as in demand as she was.

Whew yas the music industry.

8 hours ago, Iamsorare said:

she went from two 800k debuts to 300k in album sales. of course the decline is real.nothing lasts forever

The 1st album was a complete surprise. The 2nd came out not long after the 1st & Taylor basically said these were songs she couldn't fit into Folklore. So I wouldn't read that much into the sales decline. 

1 hour ago, slw84 said:

Taylor and her team are very savvy and smart. See she looks like she's in demand even though the numbers are in decline.

it's actually smart marketing and many of the greats have done it. No matter how low Whitney sold post Bodyguard they never made it look like a decline for example (at least in the 90s). 

Taylor found a way to make herself seem as in demand as she truly once was and I don't blame her.

One reason Whitney sales declined thru the 90s is because she only wanted to make songs for movies. Babyface had to basically threat her with a breach of contract lawsuit to get her to record that 1998/9 non movie soundtrack songs.

I find it amazing how many organic #1 Rihanna had seeing that every artist that had lots of #1 were way more fraudulent than her to get them