greeneyedsoul

Avril Lavigne

Goofy

welp, it was good while it lasted :weeps:

ProudLBS
11 hours ago, HBK-79 said:

Would you then agree that her image change during TBDT era made her lose fans?

No. Some fans might have abandoned her, but SPS-wise, the difference between UMS and TBDT is of less than a million units, despite UMS being the follow-up to a MASSIVE era

sCoPMAL.gif

Edited by ProudLBS
i forgot the pig

AvrilLaQueen

Lmao I was in a stan war with some redneck country singer named Carrie, they really tried coming for GODvril there :deadbanana2: I even had to defend Taylor Swift a bit despite being her hater, chilee

KKKIMO92

TBDT is still a sucessful era, she lost a lot of old fans while gaining new fans too. Her problem is she didn’t provide any new materials for these new fans who like TBDT style of image and songs. And then she moved on to another style which is just some basic acoustic songs, hence GL flopped hard because no fans asked for it. 

Had she release a TBDT 2.0 in 2009, she would at least be in Kelly’s position right now. Pop girls with 4-5 sucessful era will be much more remembered and have more choices in their legacy period than Avril now.

AvrilLaQueen
40 minutes ago, KKKIMO92 said:

TBDT is still a sucessful era, she lost a lot of old fans while gaining new fans too. Her problem is she didn’t provide any new materials for these new fans who like TBDT style of image and songs. And then she moved on to another style which is just some basic acoustic songs, hence GL flopped hard because no fans asked for it. 

Had she release a TBDT 2.0 in 2009, she would at least be in Kelly’s position right now. Pop girls with 4-5 sucessful era will be much more remembered and have more choices in their legacy period than Avril now.

True. Goodbye Career made her uncool

ProudLBS
1 hour ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

Lmao I was in a stan war with some redneck country singer named Carrie, they really tried coming for GODvril there :deadbanana2: I even had to defend Taylor Swift a bit despite being her hater, chilee

do you hate her because she makes better music than our fave?

sCoPMAL.gif

AvrilLaQueen
5 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

do you hate her because she makes better music than our fave?

sCoPMAL.gif

I'd rather listen to Bigger Wow on repeat than lose brain cells with yeehaw sounds chileee anyway

caleb.

So the world is ending and she still hasn't released I Won't Let You Go or anything that is not just re-titled, huh?

sCoPMAL.gif

ProudLBS
28 minutes ago, caleb. said:

So the world is ending and she still hasn't released I Won't Let You Go or anything that is not just re-titled, huh?

sCoPMAL.gif

nope, she's saving the hype for AL7

sCoPMAL.gif

ProudLBS

Rina's album sold like 12 copies but the way its production, mixing, and mastering STOMP on HAW's :rip:

HBK-79
10 hours ago, Goofy said:

welp, it was good while it lasted :weeps:

And in 17 years, nobody will listen to The Weeknd anymore once his radio power fades.:mandown:

4 hours ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

Lmao I was in a stan war with some redneck country singer named Carrie, they really tried coming for GODvril there :deadbanana2:

Why do you like to create messy situations in threads about other artists? First Taylor and now Carrie.:hoetenks:

3 hours ago, KKKIMO92 said:

She gave TBDT era fans What The Hell (basically a GF 2.0), but half of these fans had already moved on to Katy Perry and the other half moved on to Taylor Swift.

And realistically, ST was a TBDT 2.0. And the GP and any fans that she had left all said "NO!" Everyone wanted her to grow the f*** up at that point.

3 hours ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

True. Goodbye Career made her uncool

Absolutely no one is gonna listen to an amateurish acoustic album in the 10s. I'm shook at how most Avril stans think GL has aged well.

Ampersand13

Goodbye Lullaby has aged well because of its more stripped production. 

Rina's album is great but it has QUESTIONABLE production, most notably in Paradising, Dynasty, Snakeskin, and even XS. The vocal takes and mixing on that album is inconsistent. 

Are we ready to admit that GL, AL, HAW > LG, UMS, & TBDT yet? :jamming:

HeddaO
1 hour ago, Ampersand13 said:

GL , AL, HAW > LG, UMS, & TBDT :coffee2:

Ampersand13
Just now, HeddaO said:

GL , AL, HAW > LG, UMS, & TBDT :coffee2:

I'll allow it :jamming:

AvrilLaQueen
2 hours ago, ProudLBS said:

@AvrilLaQueen stop embarassing us challenge

me to Avril after TBDT era ended

sCoPMAL.gif

2 hours ago, HBK-79 said:

Why do you like to create messy situations in threads about other artists? First Taylor and now Carrie.:hoetenks:

I luv exposing mediocre "artists"

sCoPMAL.gif

ProudLBS

Absolutely no one is gonna listen to an amateurish acoustic album in the 10s. I'm shook at how most Avril stans think GL has aged well.

GL's production is timeless. AL sounds like it's from 2013-2015 and HAW just screams... cheap.

And realistically, ST was a TBDT 2.0. And the GP and any fans that she had left all said "NO!" Everyone wanted her to grow the f*** up at that point.

HTNGU and RNR are worse than anything on TBDT

2 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

Goodbye Lullaby has aged well because of its more stripped production.

even the pop songs have aged well :jonny5:

Rina's album is great but it has QUESTIONABLE production, most notably in Paradising, Dynasty, Snakeskin, and even XS. The vocal takes and mixing on that album is inconsistent. 

I think it was all intentional.

LG > TBDT > GL > UMS > HAW > AL

25 minutes ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

I luv exposing mediocre "artists"

sCoPMAL.gif

betty alone is better than anything Ramona's put out in the last 10 years

sCoPMAL.gif

KKKIMO92

And in 17 years, nobody will listen to The Weeknd anymore once his radio power fades.:mandown:

She gave TBDT era fans What The Hell (basically a GF 2.0), but half of these fans had already moved on to Katy Perry and the other half moved on to Taylor Swift.

To give a TBDT 2.0 is not simply rehashing stuff, I mean she could have continue work with similar pop producer to get some exciting new stuff unlike the very very uninspired WTH. 

she was one of the IT girl and surely max martin will have some more similar but fresh materials to work with. This is the same situation as Pink and Kelly, the materials are similar but somewhat refreshing at the same time.

but she waited four years, and there are no more cool materials offered to her anymore, so we got WTH.

Repelex

Pink and Kelly had massive promo, campaign and work with huge mainstream producers like Ryan Teddy, Max Martin for their comeback eras in 2008-2009 (also change of sound to more AC pop). Meanwhile Ramona had a 4 year break 

LozIwgE.gif

ProudLBS

wth is excellent y'all

sCoPMAL.gif

her best lead single

Ampersand13
11 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

wth is excellent y'all

sCoPMAL.gif

her best lead single

I actually prefer HTNGU but I do LOVE WTH 

ProudLBS
6 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

I actually prefer HTNGU but I do LOVE WTH 

I'm so sorry

sCoPMAL.gif

Edited by ProudLBS

Ampersand13
1 minute ago, ProudLBS said:

I'm so sorry

sCoPMAL.gif

HTNGU holds A LOT of sentimental value to me. It will always mean a lot. I also just love the energy of it :jamming:

sCoPMAL.gif

AvrilLaQueen
14 hours ago, Repelex said:

Pink and Kelly had massive promo, campaign and work with huge mainstream producers like Ryan Teddy, Max Martin for their comeback eras in 2008-2009 (also change of sound to more AC pop). Meanwhile Ramona had a 4 year break 

LozIwgE.gif

She can't evolve. Even now she makes music with fellow has beens like Nickelback and J J J J R or some unknows with no hits.

AvrilLaQueen

Like call Billie's brother to produce some of your songs, collab with Yubgblud, MGK and Halsey and sign with Warner Brothers.... like it's that hard? C'mon this is so sad how her career is tanking deeper and deeper