Shadow and Bone | Netlfix’s hit fantasy series

EF4cOB_WkAEWVM3.jpg?w=960&ssl=1

Based on Leigh Bardugo's worldwide bestselling Grishaverse novels, Shadow and Bone finds its characters in a war-torn world where orphan mapmaker, Alina Starkov, discovers she has an extraordinary power that could be the key to setting her country free from the darkness plaguing it. With the monstrous threat of the Shadow Fold looming, Alina is torn from everything she knows to train as part of an elite army of magical soldiers known as Grisha. But as she struggles to hone her power, she finds that allies and enemies can be one and the same and that nothing in this lavish world is what it seems. There are dangerous forces at play, including a crew of charismatic criminals, and it will take more than her new powers to survive it.

Cast:

Jessie Mei Li as Alina Starkov
Ben Barnes as General Kirigan / The Darkling
Freddy Carter as Kaz Brekker
Amita Suman as Inej Ghafa
Kit Young as Jesper Fahey
Archie Renaux as Malyen “Mal” Oretsev

Edited by Anye
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anye

• champpp

• HotFriedChicken

• saucy

• 1 month later...
  • ATRL Administrator

April 23

I really enjoyed this series way back when so I'm excited!

Johnny Jacobs

Not this only showing a deer :rip:

Not me being 5 seconds in and can already tell they're trying to make it the new GOT :rip:

Im excited tho! Imma Totally fantasy slut

• 4 weeks later...
Johnny Jacobs

Wow the budget :chick3:

I hope the plot is a bit more entertaining tho. Looks kinda boring

Beside the dragon scene

Wow, the trailer looks amazing. Netflix came through with the budget just like they did for The Witcher :clap3: 

Cant wait to check it out!

• 4 weeks later...

already ordered a copy of six of crows so i can understand a little bit about it 

2 minutes ago, saucy said:

already ordered a copy of six of crows so i can understand a little bit about it 

Six of Crows is my favorite YA book!! The only reason why I’ll watch this show is because of the Six of Crows characters. I don’t even care about the Shadow and Bones cast.

On 3/22/2021 at 2:04 PM, JoJo said:

Six of Crows is my favorite YA book!! The only reason why I’ll watch this show is because of the Six of Crows characters. I don’t even care about the Shadow and Bones cast.

yea i've heard shadow and bones is a bit of a slog to get through. I might read it if i find six of crows hard to understand 

On 3/31/2021 at 2:58 AM, Godly said:

Trailer:

This looks good :jonny5:

• 3 weeks later...

The initial reviews have all been positive, I’m so excited :jonny5:

they’re calling it the new fantasy sensation :jonny5:

Edited by JoJo

The trailers look great, but hearing it's based on a YA novel has me very skeptical. YA novels are the literary equivalent of CW shows :katie:

RadioactiveLights

Are the books any good? I'm thinking of watching this but I want to read the source material first. However I'm not sure if I want to spend money on another boxed set :rip: