Disney's Encanto (2021) | Out now

Blood Magic

6 minutes ago, gui said:

Right?

There was a moment I was just hoping for Maribel to slap Abuela in the face

Toxic granny and ha enablers, no ma'am. She needed ha wig scalpedT!

:gaygacat3:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Katamari

• LuLuDrops

• Life Savers

Every time the "Dos Oruguitas" part comes on the screen I CRY like if I was being attacked personally

I loveeeee this movie so much

:jonnycat:

this was so cute loved the end Mirabel is a queen :jonnycat:

Spoiler

it made me tear up when the door opened at the end.

and overall was hoping Colombian culture stand out more but it was amazing nonetheless

En lo profundo (Luisa's song), Dos oruguitas and No se habla de Bruno are bops also i can't stand Carlos Vives songs :coffee2:

Edited by Fifteen

2 hours ago, Julián said:

Coco, Moana and now Encanto joins the trinity :worship2: 

It’s time for Disney’s African  animated film.

perhaps Haiti

On 12/15/2021 at 11:40 AM, ALittleGauche said:

Damn, Lin Manuel Miranda having three movies out this year. Things he did: THAT! Mirabel might be my favourite Disney female protagonist in a while. Loved how… ordinary and relatable she was. I resonated so much with her responsibilities as the eldest child in the context of the immigrant plight. 

Beautiful animation. Substantial secondary characters. Unique story. I laughed throughout and teared up towards the end 

Reveal hidden contents

when the whole neighbourhood came to the house to help after the tragedy and when Mirabel finally got to insert the doorknob.

Perched for Red! 

She wasn’t the eldest though, she was the youngest of the sisters. I think her cousins Dolores and the shapeshifting guy are even older than her because she was the last to have that ceremony before Antonio on his 5th birthday.  

Watched it last night on Disney+. Loved the story and ending. Def brought me to tears at some points but I agree about the music being unremarkable. I think Disney needs to chill on Lin a bit and the man himself needs a break. He’s been non-stop (no pun intended) the last few years. I liked end credits song though and the one in Spanish. 

This is all over Tik Tok ever since it hit Disney+ on christmas eve; I think it might be doing big numbers :clap:

I guess I liked it but the plot overall was kinda boring lol like there was no adventure which is so weird for a Disney film

but I did enjoy it 

I liked it, but I agree it left a bit more to desire, especially in the ending 

BUT: I hate this Twitter discourse about Abuela being homophobic, like :rip:

This movie was very cute! Def going to be a cult classic for a lot of people. The muscular sister's solo song :eek: she ATE everyone up omg serving bodybuilder popgirl! I KNOW Karol G was shaking when that reggaeton beat came on. 

It's #2 behind Luca for me!

Feels like Lin Manuel should stick to animated musicals because for some reason that his best work :rip:and he’s really good here, bop after bop 

Edited by DONTYELLATME

20 hours ago, SIDE2SIDE said:

I guess I liked it but the plot overall was kinda boring lol like there was no adventure which is so weird for a Disney film

but I did enjoy it 

This. I found it so weird that the story never

Spoiler

ventured past a river only a mile away :toofunny3:

but Luisa’s song was :jonny5: I’ve had it stuck in my head for three days now 

3 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

US itunes:

10 Surface Pressure Jessica Darrow

As she should. Luisa MPG incoming

6a3781589e0ca67db9c1e943baa7616763fff174

12 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

US itunes:

10 Surface Pressure Jessica Darrow

The main reggaeton girls should be scared :jonny2:

Meanwhile, 2 million U.S. households watched Disney+’s latest animated film Encanto over the same weekend, with viewers in  Sacramento, Calif., over-indexing the most (+58%), followed by Seattle (+36%) and Los Angeles (+30%). Households with younger viewers (0-19 years), Female (+9%) viewers, and Hispanic (+64%) viewers over-indexed compared to the U.S. overall. The film, about an extraordinary family who live hidden in the mountains of Colombia, also started streaming on Christmas Eve.

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/samba-tv-netflixs-dont-look-up-tallied-3-1m-u-s-households-over-holiday-weekend/

WHEW, a streaming hit. Translates to about 5 million viewers under the Nielsen system in the first weekend. Great numbers :clap3: 

Saw this last Friday, super cute and the animation and musical numbers were both top notch :clap3: 

Edited by Hector

I had no business tearing up like that. It's up to us to break generational trauma :'( 

A 5/5 movie for me :clap3:

"We Don't Talk About Bruno" up to #8 on US Spotify :eek: :clap3:

when I tell y'all it's goin viral on Tik Tok since the disney+ release

no disney musical had this much success on streaming since Frozen, even Moana didn't chart this high (but it did serve massive longevity)

5 hours ago, Eóghan said:

"We Don't Talk About Bruno" up to #8 on US Spotify :eek: :clap3:

when I tell y'all it's goin viral on Tik Tok since the disney+ release

no disney musical had this much success on streaming since Frozen, even Moana didn't chart this high (but it did serve massive longevity)

Smash :worship2: