Billboard Charts: #1 Humble, #7 Stay, #9 Despacito

UNNAMI

11 hours ago, Rentboy said:

Exactly it can be the same fans streaming over & over. Whereas sales are all new fans buying so it gives a more true account of widespread popularity. It will never be as honest as pure sales. Plus in this transitional period its an etremely unlevel playing field. A relative few artists have a big head start while the vast majority are playing catch up. Or waiting for their demograph of fans to fully switch over to streaming. Which can take many years like it did with digital music.

Drake now has longevity in the charts  thanks to his same fans streaming week after week. We all know his sales use to drop drastically before streaming dominated.

Which he should...I'm not the biggest fan of Drake and always find a way to jab at him...But even I can't deny his popularity...his sales mightve dropped back in the day but it was damn sure played all the time at functions and quoted in school every day

For me...streaming is more representative for my college experience because every song in the top 10 is what I hear everyday on campus and at parties

As for the old heads...that's why they got Adele, radio, and the AC stations to listen to which leaves out certain genres

Furthermore...everyone is going off about how streaming is unfair but imagine how ppl felt when those American Idol songs debuted at #1 with zero airplay (Taylor Hicks coronation song only spent 8 weeks on the chart)

Sales are dying...nothe saying forget it but it just seems illogical to decrease a rapidly growing source of consumption just to preserve a rapidly declining one

and why isn't anyone mentioning physical sales??? How come we don't preserve that while we'really at it

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• Navyofbadgals

• QueenofCopyPaste

• FutureHive

18 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

How?

the artist gets paid the same if it's a willing listen or a forced listen on radio  the same is true for on streaming.

Because the hot 100 is suppose to reflect a songs popularity. Streaming is popular. People choose to stream an album or a song. 100 people being forced to listen to a song does not accurately reflect a songs popularity.

15 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

His revived power.

to be fair, there was a long stretch of three years and 12 songs that he did not  get a solo/lead top 10.

so while yes, he seems to have rebound his power,I t can't be denied that he also didn't have it for quite some time,

That's because there were 3 years between Believe and Purpose, lol. Journals was not an official project with any official singles.

The idea Bieber lost any power was because of how the media covered his behavior. It was always silly to me that people here thought he was a flop or over. While in reality, it was inevitable his next album was going to be colossal regardless of the antics.

That's What I Like for #1, please

:jonny: 

Kendrick is still steady in streaming, doing 2,5M in US is fantastic. But god, let yourself slow down a bit this week for Bruno, please...

Hopefully Shape of You's fall will be faster, don't want to see this song sneaking a 30th week in Top 10...

God, charts are great again. 

36 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

His revived power.

to be fair, there was a long stretch of three years and 12 songs that he did not  get a solo/lead top 10.

so while yes, he seems to have rebound his power,I t can't be denied that he also didn't have it for quite some time,

The only stretch of time he didn't get top 10 singles was when he didn't release any singles. All of his albums have at least 1 top 5 and 2 top 10s.

2 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

I refuse to nitpick what is or is not an albums and what is or is not an "official" album or a .side project"  same as I refuse to nitpick, "promo" singles.

they charted. They count,  you can't have it both ways, you can't argue tracks count and then turn around and write them off because they didn't do as well and use that as justification.

It doesn't matter whether or not you want to "nitpick". The fact is that he did not release official singles from 2013-ish to 2015-ish. Never have I ever tried to have it both ways, trust me. You're barking up the wrong tree.

Edited by novembers17th

3 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

I refuse to nitpick what is or is not an albums and what is or is not an "official" album or a .side project"  same as I refuse to nitpick, "promo" singles.

they charted. They count,  you can't have it both ways, you can't argue tracks count and then turn around and write them off because they didn't do as well and use that as justification.

Thats your own ignorance then.

Edited by NEZ

20 minutes ago, Tremor Christ said:

That's What I Like for #1, please

Kendrick is still steady in streaming, doing 2,5M in US is fantastic. But god, let yourself slow down a bit this week for Bruno, please...

Hopefully Shape of You's fall will be faster, don't want to see this song sneaking a 30th week in Top 10...

God, charts are great again. 

They really are, I've been following the Hot 100 since 2013 (I started the week 'Just Give me a  Reason' went #1) and they've never been this good/interesting. :jonny:

5 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

They really are, I've been following the Hot 100 since 2013 (I started the week 'Just Give me a  Reason' went #1) and they've never been this good/interesting. :jonny:

I've been following the charts since summer 2010 & 2016-2017 is way better than 2014-2015. 2014 was just awful lol. Sales were terrible, there was uncertainity. Don't get why people say streaming ruined the charts. As if songs charting for 1 week thanks to strong digital download wasn't painful enough

:ahh: 

Edited by Tremor Christ

2 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

In that time period he had a string of twelve songs (as lead/solo) that charted and did not hit the top 10

fact.

bb when discussing consecutive top 10s, number of charted sings, etc, does not care if they were official or not for their records.

fact.

Songs yes, but not official promoted singles. I've never said that Billboard should just change their rule for him and give him a higher number of consecutive top 10s- that'd be ridiculous. But you were talking about his power, and the fact is that Justin has always had enough power to have official singles go top 10. Non-official songs are a different story, but that is the the point I was trying to make. 

Edited by novembers17th

Congrats on a well-deserved #1 for Kendrick! :clap3: 

4 minutes ago, PurpleQueen said:

Chartfan is by far the most annoying person on in this site lol. 

fact.

6 minutes ago, PurpleQueen said:

A fact.

Edited by Pacaveli

11 minutes ago, PurpleQueen said:

Nah! I've seen worse...

I wonder which songs will go recurrent soon.

25 minutes ago, Tremor Christ said:

I've been following the charts since summer 2010 & 2016-2017 is way better than 2014-2015. 2014 was just awful lol. Sales were terrible, there was uncertainity. Don't get why people say streaming ruined the charts. As if songs charting for 1 week thanks to strong digital download wasn't painful enough

2014 was actually a very strong year

There were no songs that spent less than 3 weeks at #1...we had Dark Horse, Happy, All of Me, Fancy, Shake It Off, All About That Bass, and Blank Space 

the charts were very frozen because the top songs were huge

31 minutes ago, Tremor Christ said:

Sales weren't terrible in 2014 though? It gave us Happy and Dark Horse, which were huge digital sellers.

21 minutes ago, PurpleQueen said:

Are all his posts so cringe worthy?:deadbanana2:

Pull through Bruno. :jonny:  Humble can return to the top the week after.

34 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

In that time period he had a string of twelve songs (as lead/solo) that charted and did not hit the top 10

fact.

bb when discussing consecutive top 10s, number of charted sings, etc, does not care if they were official or not for their records.

fact.

For once I agree.

3 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

4 Despacito     411

Bieber is a true hit maker!